• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Major League Problem - Advice Needed!

Hawlucha Fanatic

Mexican. Wrestler. Bird!
Pronoun
she
Aloha. I'm in a pickle right now, and I could use some help.

I'm stuck at the worst part of the game to be stuck at - the E4 and Champion - in Pearl. My current team is a very good team, and they've got me through all 8 Gyms and Mt. Coronet. Sadly, I have a feeling that they're not quite as well suited to the E4 and Cynthia as another of my teams. But Team 2 is not as high-leveled as Team 1, and I'd always intended to use T1 for the entire game.

Team One:
Infernape lvl 54
Empoleon lvl 50
Staraptor lvl 45
Luxray lvl 46
Lucario lvl 46
Weavile lvl 45

Team Two:
Monferno lvl 28
Sneasel lvl 19
Pichu lvl 17
Buneary lvl 24
Gyarados lvl 20
Hoothoot lvl 24

Yea, both my teams need leveling, but are either of them better suited for the League then the other?

Mercigracias,

Dame Celebi

That would depend on your move sets more than anything else. It seems you have pretty identical teams in terms of type, but I daresay team 1 would have better-rounded stats at equal levels.

If that isn't the deal-breaker, look at their abilities. Team 1, to me, still seems to have the better stock of abilities, even if it's just in that two pokémon have Intimidate rather than one from team 2 (I'm only guessing you raised a Luxray with Intimidate instead of Rivalry, that is).

Personally, I would go with team 1. They're much closer to where they should be, level-wise. And, pound for pound, it doesn't look like you'd get any key differences out of team 2.

I'm assuming you have a healthy supply of money. You should be able to make it through with Team One, needing maybe 20-30 revives and a lot of Hyper potions. I'd also recommend a few potions and super potions. I personally used this team (Diamond):

Torterra/Staraptor/Luxray/Haunter/2 damage absorbers. The four damage dealers were at level 49-50.

First problem I see is that your Pokemon don't have any good ground moves. It's almost required in one way or another. Earthquake, Earth Power, even Mud Shot. You'll really need it.

OK, quick walkthrough. Staraptor > Beautifly, Dustox, Vespiquen (beware Power Gem) and Heracross. Aerial Ace, Wing Attack and brave Bird will do wonders. Earthquake will make quick work of Drapion - a 2hko. If that's not possible, have Lucario Swords dance in his face - you resist all his attacks save Aerial Ace.

Bertha: Empoleon will make quick work of Golem and Sudowoodo. Having no Grassers will hurt against Whiscash and Quagsire. Just use whatever hurts. And it better hurt hard, because if it doesn't, Whiscash will own/kill/<insert other synonym here> with Fissure. It has shaky accuracy, but is scary anyway. Weavile can Ice Shard/Ice Punch Hippowdon to death, or if you're scared of Sandstorm, Empoleon works too.

Flint. Empy can surf his Rapidash and Infernape, just be careful that Sunny Day doesn't hit it's power. No problems there. Infernape will have no problem dispatching Lopunny - he/she/it? only has Fire punch and mirror coat to hit with so Close Combat it to send it crying to it's mummy. Staraptor woks too but mind that it doesn't resist Fire Punch so careful of that. Luxray's Spark will make short work of Drifblim, just beware of Will-o-wisp. Steelix. What a threat. Empoleon wins with surf, Nape, Lucario and Staraptor with Close Combat.

Lucian is going to pose a bit more of a threat. Lead with Luxray and Crunch his Mr. Mime. No threat here, really. Girafarig loses to Crunch, too. Medicham can eat a Brave Bird for all I care. Aerial ace works too. Alakazam = hurts. If two of your pokemon either outspeed it, have priority attacks or can survive a hit, it's as good as dead. Weavile stands out as it's fast and can hit Zam SE with Dark STAB, or priority with Ice Shard. Bronzong will Calm Mind you to death. EQ/Gyro ball/Psychic will put a hurt on your entire team, much as Alakazam's Energy Ball/Focus Blast/Psychic will too. Read: Kill it before it CMs you to death. Fire is your best bet, it has Levitate.

Cynthia is much harder. I led with Staraptor against Spiritomb and Brave bird finished it. Just use your strongest nonresisted attack. Milotic - Use Luxray, kill it before it can kill you. Spark is your friend. For Lucario, you have 3 pokemon with Close combat, use them. Fire is your friend too. Grass will OHKO Gastrodon, but you don't have it. Just CC it to death. Roserade should be KOed by one brave Bird, 2 at most.

Garchomp is going to be tough to take down - it was for me anyway. If Lucario has Dragon pulse, use that. If not, just weaken it until you're in a position to KO it with Weavile, when that happens just send it in and Ice it.

There, you've won. Your team, by the way, does need leveling, level 50 all around should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom