• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mist1422 vs Panini

RrrrrrRRrrrRr

Okay let's try pinning Amp down with a Fire Spin and if that works Will-o-wisp for the extra burn, otherwise Flamethrower instead. Close out by trying Facade again~

Fire Spin ~ Will-o-Wisp/Flamethrower ~ Facade

(I also appreciate reffage, ty eifie)

yee

sorry life has been getting to me these past couple weeks, I'll do mine later today/tomorrow

haw

Disclaimer: since there are a lot of new members/ASB players who may be looking at this, I just wanna say that this reffing is part of our super-low-effort reffings experiment, which is an attempt to make writing a lot easier on refs by basically letting them just write extended shitposts if they want as long as the battlers are cool with it. This is most certainly not my idea of quality writing. tyty.

Round Five

Mist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 33%
Energy: 38%
Status: Well, that was embarrassing. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Ability: Blaze
Health: 58%
Energy: 45%
Status: "RrrrRRRRRRRrrrr." Mildly paralyzed (12% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.

------------------------------​

There is simply nothing for Amp to do but to bless the rains down in Africa. Egged on by his blessing, the rainclouds from Africa spread to cover the Earth. Rain begins to fall upon the battlefield. Somewhere far away, a mythical land called "Australia" sighs in relief.

Bitch, Ceridwen don't care about no tiny little water droplets. She breathes out a Fire Spin anyway, because she's the almighty, all-powerful Ceridwen. A pathetic little fire twister surrounds Amp, mildly inconveniencing him when the fire touches his skin. He could probably get out of it if he really wanted, but he looks cool in there, so he sticks around.

Amp SHOCK WAVES! It's shocking and wavy... hang on. Well, anyway, this time Ceridwen is not ready for him, so she gets shocked. A pained yelp causes the ref to put a hand over her heart in sympathy for cute little Ceridwen. But Ceridwen is ready for revenge!!! She Wills the Wisp. And the wisp responds to her will. It veeeeery slowly travels over to Amp. Amp is too busy looking cool in the swirling fire to move away, so he allows the wisp to singe his fur... and then yowls in agony as it further aggravates his burn. Now it really hurts!

Amp has no choice. He must retreat. He puts up a shimmering Protect bubble without delay. Maybe he should've delayed a little, though, because Ceridwen is too busy struggling with her cramping muscles again to actually attack him. Oh well... the Fire Spin looks pretty awesome swirling around his transparent bubble as the rain patters away in the background.

Mist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 26%
Energy: 28%
Status: this is fine dog dot jpg. Surrounded by Fire Spin (1% damage/action, 2 more actions). Burned (severe, 4% damage/round, 0.5x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Rain Dance ~ Shock Wave ~ Protect

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 50%
Energy: 41%
Status: "RRRRRrrrRRRRRRRRR!!!" Mildly paralyzed (7% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Fire Spin ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ [paralyzed]

Arena Status
  • Rain continues to fall (6 more actions).

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 33% - 2% (Fire Spin) - 3% (burn) - 2% (Fire Spin) = 26%
  • Amp's Energy: 38% - 5% (Rain Dance) - 3% (Shock Wave) - 2% (Protect) = 28%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 58% - 8% (Shock Wave) = 50%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 45% - 2% (Fire Spin) - 2% (Will-O-Wisp) = 41%

Notes
  • Speed order: Amp (45) > Ceridwen (30).
  • Will-O-Wisp increased Amp's burn severity to severe.
  • @Mist1422 commands first.

Last edited:
I pinged her yesterday! Or the day before? Sometime when she said she'd do it that night. I'll ping her again :p

yeah so @Sandstone-Shadow offered to do a writing for me for one round of this so I'm gonna take her up on that and send her calcs so you can get something Soon™

edit: calcs sent, expect something someday

Last edited:
haha jk

Round Six

Mist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 26%
Energy: 28%
Status: this is fine dog dot jpg. Surrounded by Fire Spin (1% damage/action, 2 more actions). Burned (severe, 4% damage/round, 0.5x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 50%
Energy: 41%
Status: "RRRRRrrrRRRRRRRRR!!!" Mildly paralyzed (7% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.

Amp charges up. Now he's charged! What a classic. Continues to be good stuff.

Ceridwen's not taking any chances with the power of Charge anymore. No siree. She closes her eyes and focuses and summons up an Ethereal Bubble of Holding to protect herself from any more funny business. Good timing, too, because Amp immediately discharges (now he's no longer charged, another classic) and waves of electricity spread out from him in all directions. Despite not being a Shock Wave, it's pretty shocking and wavy, especially since he was all charged up before. Ceridwen whimpers pathetically as pulse after pulse of electricity courses through her body (;_;), and her inner fire begins to blaze or something in desperation.

A bit too shaken to go straight back on the offensive, Ceridwen swivels her ears together as they become enveloped in a mysterious pink glow. And then the battlefield gets weird. Weird how? Who knows. It's weird. The battlefield got weird.

Amp has no time for any of this weird-ass nonsense, so he just spits some stars at Ceridwen. He is so against the weirdness that he manages to produce a lot more glowing white stars of energy than anyone was expecting. Ceridwen cries. She gotta do something about those hurty white stars, so she focuses her mind and through sheer force of will hurls Amp straight into one of the billboards surrounding the stadium. Having ESPN sure is convenient sometimes!

Mist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 9%
Energy: 12%
Status: Just about spent. Burned (severe, 4% damage/round, 0.5x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Charge ~ Discharge ~ Swift

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 19%
Energy: 27%
Status: Imagining if she procs that 1% failure chance next round. That'd be top memes. Lightly paralyzed (1% failure chance). Blaze activated. Protected by Safeguard (3 more actions). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Safeguard ~ Psychic Terrain ~ Psychic

Arena Status
  • Rain continues to fall (3 more actions).
  • Psychic Terrain is in effect (5 more actions).

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 26% - 11% (Psychic) - 2% (Fire Spin) - 4% (burn) = 9%
  • Amp's Energy: 28% - 3% (Charge) - 9% (Discharge) - 4% (Swift) = 12%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 50% - 21% (Discharge) - 10% (Swift) = 19%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 41% - 1% (Safeguard) - 5% (Psychic Terrain) - 6% (Psychic) - 2% (Safeguard upkeep) = 27%

Notes
  • Speed order: Amp (45) > Ceridwen (40).
  • quality writing itt
  • Discharge would've significantly worsened Ceridwen's paralysis if not for the Safeguard. Whew!
  • Ceridwen's Blaze activated after being hit by Discharge.
  • Fire Spin wore off after the second action.
  • Swift was a critical hit.
  • Ceridwen's paralysis will wear off after her first action of the next round, and then her speed stat will go back to normal.
  • @Panini commands first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom