• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS My Second Original Set

Pwnemon

will remain confined to the pokemon topics
This is the second original set I actually attempted, but seeing how my first (Electrode Anti-lead) actually worked, I decided to try again. Actually.

Porygon2 @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Trace
252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 HP
-Ice Beam
-HP Ground
-ThunderBolt
-Trick

Porygon2 is so boss as a situational counter. Who else can switch into Magnezone, Heatran, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flygon, Gengar, and more without caring? Carry some sort of Magne-bait, (My favorite is Shed Shell Forretress) and swap to this guy and make it feel silly with Trace. It can do the same to Heatran (outspeeding all variants without Scarf) and Vaporeon (Tracing Water Absorb and Bolting). Jolteon as well (Tracing Volt Absorb, its four common attacks are two non effective and two weak). Flygon's EQ is negated with a Trace of levitate and it outspeeds nonscarfed variants while Scarf has no choice but to swap out. Gengar does no damage with Shadow Ball and gets outsped and hurt badly. Lastly, all walls are pretty much made very sad by Trick if you're having any problems. Rate!

Last edited:
That looks like a really nice set, actually. I may even try it out myself, if that's okay?

The only potential problem is that it isn't a guaranteed Magnezone counter since a SpecsZone Thunderbolt can OHKO it, taking it out on the switch in. Admittedly, the chance of that happening is very low, but it is a possibility and so something to watch out for.

Mostly I tend to see ScarfZone more than Spex, And even more common is Lefties, so I wouldn't worry that much about it. Plus, It'll probably use HP Fire.

Of course you can use this set. It isn't copyrighted or anything. :D

This is the second original set I actually attempted, but seeing how my first (Electrode Anti-lead) actually worked, I decided to try again. Actually.

Porygon2 @ Choice Scarf
Timid
Trace
252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 HP
-Ice Beam
-HP Ground
-ThunderBolt
-Trick

ice/ground is nearly perfect coverage. you can use tri attack over something for still-perfect coverage. (you miss shedinja in either case.) or something. discharge is a nice option.

Porygon2 is so boss as a situational counter. Who else can switch into Magnezone, Heatran, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flygon, Gengar, and more without caring?

uh, swampert? yeah, seems about right. you'll need more bulk for those, though. porygon2 doesn't manage to OHKO any of those.

Carry some sort of Magne-bait, (My favorite is Shed Shell Forretress) and swap to this guy and make it feel silly with Trace.

substitute magnet rise magnezone will make you feel silly, and re-sub on your escape.

It can do the same to Heatran (outspeeding all variants with Scarf)

can OHKO on a predicted switch with explosion, or screw you over with switch to a ground-immunity.

and Vaporeon (Tracing Water Absorb and Bolting).

toxic.

Jolteon as well (Tracing T-bolt, its four common attacks are two non effective and two weak).

never mind substitute magnet rise making you feel silly, baton pass will make you feel silly. do you really think you can outspeed jolteon?

Flygon's EQ is negated with a Trace of levitate and it outspeeds nonscarfed variants while Scarf has no choice but to swap out.

most choiced flygon will u-turn for an opening, then outrage. EQ won't even happen.

Gengar does no damage with Shadow Ball and gets outsped and hurt badly.

sub on the switch and focus blast. most gengar run substitute.

Lastly, all walls are pretty much made very sad by Trick if you're having any problems. Rate!

wishstallers like to wish on the switch and protect, which will make you very sad by forcing you into choiced trick, which allows a free switch for choice scarfers, and mostly-free for other choiced stuff.

now excuse me; I will go work on stallloom.

ice/ground is nearly perfect coverage. you can use tri attack over something for still-perfect coverage. (you miss shedinja in either case.) or something. discharge is a nice option.

uh, swampert? yeah, seems about right. you'll need more bulk for those, though. porygon2 doesn't manage to OHKO any of those.

Wut? This is not making sense.

substitute magnet rise magnezone will make you feel silly, and re-sub on your escape.

I never seen one, they must be common enough to worry about.

can OHKO on a predicted switch with explosion, or screw you over with switch to a ground-immunity.

Anything can predict a switch and kill. If someone has perfect prediction, how could they lose? I don't think most people are thinking "Oh no he has Pory2 I has to explode." It's NU.

toxic.

So what if I get toxiced? I shouldn't ever be on the field more than two or three turns at a time.

never mind substitute magnet rise making you feel silly, baton pass will make you feel silly. do you really think you can outspeed jolteon?

Maybe not but I can sure as crap force a switch. Or if they don't yet know I carry HP ground they may stay in.

most choiced flygon will u-turn for an opening, then outrage. EQ won't even happen.

I could predict the U-turn and come in the second time as half my team is resistan to Outrage and all but one hence baits EQ.

sub on the switch and focus blast. most gengar run substitute.

Assuming the Gengar does run Substitute I'm not gonna cry or anything. And chances are it will go for the kill if it sees it. Not to mention SpexGar.

wishstallers like to wish on the switch and protect, which will make you very sad by forcing you into choiced trick, which allows a free switch for choice scarfers, and mostly-free for other choiced stuff.

Because the only type of wall is WishStall. Skarmory, Snorlax, Pert, Dusknoir, Rotom- A all don't actually exist. And if worst is to worst and it does wish then I'll just switchand leave Trick unrevealed.

now excuse me; I will go work on stallloom.

please actually use quotes said:
Wut? This is not making sense.

swampert can switch into those that you specify without caring. and mostly better.

I never seen one, they must be common enough to worry about.

they're quite common among magnezones. do you see many magnezone? then why do you worry?

Anything can predict a switch and kill. If someone has perfect prediction, how could they lose? I don't think most people are thinking "Oh no he has Pory2 I has to explode." It's NU.

it can also switch, and the next time, they know pory is there.

So what if I get toxiced? I shouldn't ever be on the field more than two or three turns at a time.

and then it will proceed to repeat protect and wish, or start ice beaming. you can't do damage fast enough to kill it, and it will stall you out.

Maybe not but I can sure as crap force a switch. Or if they don't yet know I carry HP ground they may stay in.

against unfamiliar pokémon, the safest thing to do is baton pass to see if anything interesting happens.

I could predict the U-turn and come in the second time as half my team is resistan to Outrage and all but one hence baits EQ.

and they won't even need to predict and switch in a counter. with all those steels, they can easily send in dugtrio.

Assuming the Gengar does run Substitute I'm not gonna cry or anything. And chances are it will go for the kill if it sees it. Not to mention SpexGar.

focus blast will OHKO without any defensive investment.

Because the only type of wall is WishStall. Skarmory, Snorlax, Pert, Dusknoir, Rotom- A all don't actually exist. And if worst is to worst and it does wish then I'll just switchand leave Trick unrevealed.

and vaporeon is not on your list of stuff to counter, of course. rotom-a likes scarf to trick onto other stuff. skarm isn't staying in against pory. snorlax doesn't really care that much and starts to body slam or crunch. pert isn't generally used as a permanent wall due to lack of recovery and will thus start to whack you around with usable EQ or surf. dusknoir can reasonably start attacking you. they'll be impeded, but they sure as hell won't be stopped. stuff like blissey might worry, but many many many of those use wish.

Back
Top Bottom