• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Mawile

C'EST LA VIE
Pronoun
he/him
cMNN.gif

The Original Game has just ended and now we have over 5,400 posts just in that thread! (And most of them on the last day were made exclusively by Seshas!) But regardless, there were a lot of quotes that people did the haha-funny react to that fit perfectly in signatures specifically because of a lack of context. So naturally, why not make a game out of those quotes?

Here's the thing. I have a fair number of quotes, and a fair number of weird roles to go along with them. However, I don't feel like going through all 5,400 posts in the thread to find all the best out of context quotes. So as a result, I'm asking for suggestions for quotes! Please give me more quotes. Do you want to post them in the thread? Sure, go for it. Do you wanna PM them to me? Sure, why not. I just want more quotes. Then I have more options.

I have no minimum number of players or maximum number of players, mostly because I will 100% be making this up once I close signups. I have a spreadsheet, and it has quotes in it, and for each quote I have several ideas for roles of various alignments, and I'll basically just pick whatever seems most entertaining for me to watch. (That does remind me though -- because I like to suffer, everyone will have a power role. If someone tries to claim they're vanilla town they are Absolutely Lying, but that's beside the point)

Rules:
- usual mafia rules
- go ahead and fakeclaim if you want it'll be funny (but no actual screenshots of your actual PM or full on copying and pasting your actual PM)
- no talking out of thread unless I straight up tell you you can
- ties will be decided via RNG
- shenanigans are 100% involved
- we'll probably have 72-hour days and 48-hour nights and then maybe cut it down to shorter phases later

If you wanna play, let me know by commenting below! If you have suggestions for quotes, also put them below! Or PM me with them! Or send me a visitor message with them!
(before anybody asks, YES. Snowboards is 100% already in my list of potential quotes to use.)

When will this game start? I don't really know, we have a lot of games already in the signup phase. We'll figure that out later!!

Tentative in depending on start date! \o/
It'll definitely be sometime after Cats (2019) Mafia ends, but I don't know if it'll be running in parallel with any other games or if we want a more singular focus on this game. Prooooobably late June at the absolute earliest, based on Tarot Mafia starting in late June/early July.

it says that they’ll cover for me and eventually reveal their identity but the entire thing is written in senpai uwu speak
of the four people i can communicate with out of thread one of them only speaks in minion memes and another writes anime love letters to me. yet this world just keeps on spinning

Here are some favorites I just stumbled upon in scumchat :)

petition to have a role that's just "minion memes"
also, YES.

e: its always a good idea to actually READ THE POST. so happy to hear that YES. is already in

Last edited:
oooooh I’m going to be so screwed if this happens at the same time as tarot mafia, but screw it, there’s no way I’m not participating in either of them. count me in!

Back
Top Bottom