• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Platinum Battle Tower Team

Flygon1

Also known as Hyozanryu
Pronoun
they
I prefer the Battle Tower to Wi-Fi play because I've had some bad experiences over Wi-Fi, and the AI is easier to beat.

starmie
Starmie @Life Orb
Timid Nature; 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Recover
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam

Standard early DP counter set; although this is outdated in Wi-Fi play, because there are no tiers in the Battle Tower I have to be prepared for lots of Garchomp, especially in the Wi-Fi section (where the AI controls actual trainers' Pokemon). Stamie also has a pefect Speed IV.

flygon
Flygon @Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature; 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Fire Punch
Outrage
Earthquake
U-Turn

An obvious choice for my team, as Flygon is my favorite. Fire Punch handily defeats all but the bulkiest Scizor, which can seriously endanger this team. Outrage can be risky, but often 1HKOs anything that doesn't have a resistance or serious Defense investment.

scizor
Scizor @Leftovers
Careful Nature; I can't recall the exact EVs, and Smogon is down at the moment, but it involved 200 HP, major Defense and Sp Defense investments, and the rest (about 52 EVs) in Attack. This is the Bulky Uber EV spread.

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Roost
U-Turn

Yes, I know it's stupid having U-Turn and Swords Dance on the same set. The thing is, most of the time I'm just using Scizor for safe switching of my two sweepers. Swords Dance is because sometimes I get into a sticky situation and really need to set up with Bullet Punch. Although this set seems odd, it works quite well as support.

I would love an opinion on this team. All I've had is my own testing and a friend's suggestions. Incidentally, I prefer Heatran to Starmie, but too many bad experiences with Milotic and Infernape led to the change.

I'm not overly experienced with the Battle Tower, but I reckon its foolish to have both Lefties AND Roost on the same set, considering the Scizor isn't a wall.

Apart from that, I can't see anything too bad.

Starmie is definitely the go to for Battle Tower. Fantastic coverage and with that spread I doubt there would be too many pokemon in the tower that wouldn't be 2HKOd with the super effective hit. I ran Rapid Spin on one. for a while, before realizing that the AI is too stupid to lay down hazards.

Back
Top Bottom