• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Responsive dropdown menu help?

kimbachu

Pikachu enthusiast
Pronoun
she/her
I've been stuck on this all day and I'm ready to ask for help: The desktop version of my dropdown menu works exactly as I want it to, but the mobile version expands downwards when hovering over a link and I can't seem to fix it. I think it has something to do with absolute/relative positioning but I've tried everything I can think of and nothing I've tried has worked.

Here's an example of the problem. The "Tutorials" link drops significantly when "Downloads" is hovered over.
Here's a live demo of my code: https://jsfiddle.net/kimbachu/0L1st82j/1/
untitled_by_kimbachu_denu0ys-pre.jpg

It's probably a really easy fix, but I've been working on this all day and I can't get it to work so I'm grumpy and tired and could really use some help.

Thanks!

Hi Kimbachu :grin: My first instinct would also be to change the positioning. Since the sub menu is nested inside the main one, it will appear there by default once absolute positioning is removed. Try setting the position attribute to initial (so that it goes back to the default instead of using absolute)?

Also, what have you tried doing so far?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom