• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SeshasGame IV - Black Sword Rising - Signups

Zori

nya~
Pronoun
she/her
SeshasGame IV™️

U3EjXHz.png

Remember Snom Mafia? That's what happens when I try to make a sane setup, and not to fill a game as full to the brim with shenanigans as the setup (or in some cases, the queue moderators) allow. Now you have one of those games. Expect dumb mechanics combined with bland and subpar flavor.

Let's get some non-game related rules/info out of the way:

• Days will be 48 hours, Nights will be 24 hours. Day Start/End will likely be in the afternoon in CST.
  • After it starts, do not talk about the game outside the thread and any applicable conversations.
  • Do not screenshot or quote long segments of your rolecard or any other moderator messages.
  • Day action submissions are limited by my availability. All day actions can be buffered to submit at a certain time.
  • This game requires at least 13 players, and is intended for 17 players. I can extend it upwards by a few slots, but not by much because I'll run out of roles.
This game would be considered bastard by almost every standard.
So, let's start with a ground rule: Everything I say in this font is the truth.
This is so you can have some footing on the mechanics, and discern necessary moderator actions from game mechanics.
There will be no moderator lies until the game starts.

Here are the ground rules for the setup:

• The uninformed majority faction is named the Loyals.
  • I will not handpick any roles.
  • Your rolecards will not contain any lies. There will be no secret win-conditions, fake roles, or secret vigilantes. However, rolecards are allowed to be vague and/or misleading.
  • All players will be assigned to one or more factions. The win condition of all roles is:
    • "You win when all living players belong to a single faction that you are in."
  • This game is role-madness. There will be no Vanilla Townies or Vanilla Mafia.
  • There will be """"full role reveals"""" in this game. All players will flip their true factions by default. In other words, in order for a player to flip as an incorrect faction, they have to be explicitly affected by a role or mechanic.
  • There will be no death-godfathers. All Loyal flips are legitimate.
  • An attempt was made at balance, so there will be no roles or mechanics that are blatantly broken. (I hope not, at least.)
  • Everything else is fair game, until/unless I say otherwise.
This game will start At Some Point in Time™️, probably after the other games in signups clear out. (Let's see, OOCTvTQ, 2R1B, GymLeader?) Maybe in mid-August or so.

Definitely in. If everything not written in that specific font might be a lie, it's definitely going to get interesting!

To be clear about the bastard level: If you play this game as if it weren't bastard, you will probably be led in circles by a significant fraction of mechanics, but the game would still be pretty playable.

To be clear about the bastard level: If you play this game as if it weren't bastard, you will probably be led in circles by a significant fraction of mechanics, but the game would still be pretty playable.
Edit: This is a guess, since I haven't run a bastard game before.

I guess, fair warning:
This game currently has shenanigans involving accounts, and you may need to log into host-provided accounts in order to fully participate in some areas of the game.
If enough players (or Butterfree) veto this, I can cut/modify those mechanics.

This game currently has shenanigans involving accounts, and you may need to log into host-provided accounts in order to fully participate in some areas of the game.
That sounds awesome! So, is it going to be like an anonymous round where metagaming is prevented by giving everyone random new accounts? Those are always fun ^^

Back
Top Bottom