• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaguarro Town Terminal Two Main Floor

Turn 4
Enemy Phase

"Wonderful," hissed Venus. She flung a spray of water at the Wayfarers in the dim red emergency lighting as she dived for Dakim's supine form and bit down on one of the spheres in his necklace – a wonder orb. An Escape Orb, it turned out, as the two admins winked out of view.

Venus and Dakim relocated to the Shadow Testing Centre.

In the Security room, Ein's reached a shaking paw in his labcoat for another pair of high-tech shades, and pushed them carefully onto his face. An alarm blared as the shatterproof glass wall between Security and the Testing Centre slid open.

Ein smiled pitilessly, and stepped through, as the room began to fill with tainted Aura, the deep mauve-and-charcoal of Shadows.

From a few rooms away, the Wayfarers could hear muffled screams and bellows, as the admins changed.

The Shadow Reservoir released its energy!
Ein gained 100 Shd!
Dakim gained 100 Shd!
Venus gained 100 Shd!
The Cipher Admins became Perfected Shadow Pokémon!
The Cipher Admins gained another HP bar!

"I won't let you speak another unwelcome word to me, boy," whispered Venus, the Shadow in her voice seeming to take Wes' brain in a tender grip, and twist. "Be silent, and think about what you have done."

Venus walked to Security.
Venus dashed to Hallway!
Venus's SHADOW Alluring Voice dealt a CRITICAL 32 damage to Wes!
Boss Action: Stat Boost, +2 Mag
Venus's SHADOW Chilling Water dealt 24 damage to Wes!
KO!!

She laughed with cruel delight as the Lycanroc collapsed, and slithered further on to come face to face with Bellatrix.

"Ah. The insufferable, smug, tasteless fox. Do me the most wonderful favour and just worship me, won't you?

Venus' scales gleamed in the darkness, and her body's coils scraped softly over the wet metal flooring. She loomed over Bellatrix – miserably elegant and chokingly beautiful. The Shadow energy made the room swim, weightless and colourless; all was nothing, nothing, nothing next to the mesmeric Milotic.

Venus dashed to Control Room!
Venus's AGILE Umbral Enthrall Charmed and Confused Bellatrix! Venus gained Enthralling!

Dakim charged straight through to the hallway, pulled back a fist, and ruptured the steel wall to the generator room once again. He gripped it, pulled, and flung away a crumpled fistful of sheet metal and wiring as if he were discarding a crumpled paper note.

"I shall crush all who dare to humble me," he declared, the air around his face shimmering with heat distortion and crackling with Shadow energy. "Lie prostrate before Mighty Dakim, or die by my hand. I care not which."

Dakim walked to Security.
Dakim dashed to Hallway!
Dakim's AGILE SHADOW Fire Punch broke through the wall!
Dakim dashed to Generator Room!
Dakim's SHADOW Fire Punch dealt 48 damage to Ghaspius! KO!!
Dakim's Umbral Subjugate dealt 27 damage to Isidora and 29 to Ghaspius! Dakim gained Subjugation!
Dakim used SHADOW Protect!

Ein prowled into the lobby, where the wonder orb-induced sun still lit the room in an unpleasant, uncanny orange glow.

"You," said Ein, with icy contempt. "You have been a considerable nuisance since the moment you entered this place. You are now my first-priority target. How did I not see it before now...? Who are you, Grovyle? ...It hardly matters. I won't allow you to leave this facility with your life."

Behind his glasses, the Manectric's eyes were cold, calculating, and shot-through with Shadow. His attacks had the same aspect to them – merciless, exacting, and precise.

Ein walked to Security!
Ein dashed to Hallway!
Ein dashed to Lobby!
Ein's AGILE SHADOW Thunder Wave Paralyzed Mhynt!
Ein's SHADOW Weather Ball dealt 38 damage to Mhynt!
Ein's SHADOW Thunder dealt a CRITICAL 63 damage to Mhynt! KO!!
Ein's Umbral Innovate sharply raised his Mag and Def! Ein gained Innovative!

Seth stood his ground, even though his pinned ears and raised hackles spoke of just how scared he was of the admins.

"C'mon, big guy," he growled. "Let's do our usual, shall we?"

Ally Action: Seth gained +2 Atk!
Seth's Accelerock hit Dakim's Protect!
Seth's Accelerock hit Dakim's Protect!

The Lycanroc darted and weaved and sidestepped and jabbed...

And then his eyes flashed gold.

"Been waitin' to try this... You guys think I can't kick this guy's ass? Just watch me."

Seth RADIANT Focused...
Seth's STRONG RADIANT Stone Edge dealt a CRITICAL 134 damage to Dakim!

The Darmanitan fell back once more, albeit only for the moment. Seth looked over his red bulk and pointed a pair of clawed digits at Wes, who was already beginning to pull himself to his feet.

"Don't let me make you look bad, Lycas!" he shouted. "C'mon, get on your goddamn feet! Let's tag-team this bastard!"

Seth Called out to Wes to be Defiant! Wes got +2 Atk!

It was now or never to secure the victory...

Attention from the admins is now purely based on their behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koa blinked the world back into focus and thrust himself to his paws. Shadow and fire. Again. Trapped, again. Half the team beaten down and battered, the others scrambling for cover.

Except this time he wasn't powerless, cowering, and his back to sheet of shadowy fire or facing down poisoned claws. His thoughts turned towards the light almost without thinking, feeling the rush of that familiar buzz. Sun and brightness and the power granted by a legend.

The voice of doubt and fear was drowned out for a moment as he seized that sensation, clutched it in his paw and let the determination fill him. Time to get rid of them.Then took a steadying breath and calmed his thoughts. Not too much. But enough. Enough to drive out the evil.

Carry the lantern.

Eye shining bright, and radiance bathing his paws, Koa gave chase to Ein.

Koa (Aux)

- Brawler Strike (Radiant) @ Ein

Last edited:
The Mismagius had been so focused on trying to figure out where in the stars his next strange potion was until his thoughts were interrupted by a fiery fist colliding with his face. The impact sent him careening onto the cold, unyielding steel floor. He let out a groan of pain as he tried to lift himself back up, but to no avail.

Still, Ghaspius managed a chuckle. A hoarse, pained chuckle, but a chuckle nonetheless. "You're still failin' to crush even cloth," he said, unable to resist a final jab before releasing an exhausted exhale.

As he lifted his head, Ghaspius surveyed the scene: the sparking generators, the pooling water, the shrapnel and metal nearby — though he might not grasp how the tech itself worked, he understood the basics of conductivity well enough.

"Let's see if a lil' juice might make a bit more spark..." He plucked a bit of torn metal, soaked it in the water, infused it with Radiance, and hurled it in the direction of Dakim, hoping it'd strike something electrical that'd arc towards the admin.
(If Dakim is down, target Venus if possible, otherwise Ein).

Ghaspius
- Interact @ Dakim

Wes let out a cry as Venus ripped into his mind with her awful, shrill voice. Before he could retaliate, he was rammed by yet another wall of icy water, stealing his breath, choking his lungs, and sending him tumbling backwards through shards of icy agony, and then—blackness.

He coughed and sputtered weakly as he came to, shivering from cold, exhaustion, and pain. A ragged groan escaped him as he struggled back to his feet, water splashing under his paws and dripping from his coat. Gods. Dammit. He could go the rest of his life without experiencing another water attack, thanks.

He wanted to throw another scathing retort Venus’s way, but she was preoccupied with Bellatrix at the moment, and Wes found his voice had been reduced to a weak rasp after coughing up so much water. Instead, he limped into the lobby and managed a feeble strike at Ein’s flank before staggering into the generator room. His legs shook and his muscles protested every movement. He was so…tired

"Been waitin' to try this... You guys think I can't kick this guy's ass? Just watch me."
Ugh. Seth was using the Radiance crap, too? Wes grumbled to himself. He’d really rather not touch the damned stuff if he could help it—

"Don't let me make you look bad, Lycas!" he shouted. "C'mon, get on your goddamn feet! Let's tag-team this bastard!"
Wes met his eyes and let out a weary huff, somehow dredging up another flare of energy from within. Okay. All right. Fine. He’d use the stupid sun juice, or whatever. But only because Seth would never let Wes live it down if he bested him, the bastard. Forcing a tired smirk, he shook the water from his coat and stepped up beside Seth.

“Please. You should worry about me making you look bad,” he quipped. Then he squared his shoulders, curled his lip at Dakim, and rushed forward.

Summoning Radiance wasn’t as hard as he thought it would be, but it wasn’t instantaneous, either. For a second, he felt the light sputter weakly within him, like a match struggling to stay lit in a strong breeze, and Wes felt a flash of panic—but no, he could do this, he would, he just needed to focus—

Images of Neo and Novo flashed across his vision, and his Radiance ignited.

“Crush this, asshole!” he snarled.

Wes (85 STM, 10 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- Walk to Lobby
- **Act:** Item (Oran Berry)
- Accelerock @ Ein (-6 STM, +3 TMP)
- Dash to Generator Room (-2 TMP)
- Accelerock @ Dakim (-9 STM, +3 TMP)
- **Act:** RADIANT Focus (+5 TMP)
- STRONG CRITICAL RADIANT Stone Edge @ Dakim (-30 STM, Sure Hit, -13 TMP, +5 TMP, +20 RAD)
Net change: -45 STM, +1 TMP, +0 SHD, +20 RAD
Net totals: 40 STM (63 after regen), 11 TMP, 0 SHD, 20 RAD

Mhynt skidded back and vanished several times to avoid the rest of Ein's barrage. Even between them, she felt her Reviver Seed pop off and grunted in annoyance. This just wouldn't do.

"All right," she said to herself with a little sigh. "You know. I was concerned that at some point, we would lose ourselves to darkness and be subjected to its control. Perhaps I was being... too cautious. Even the one who seemed the coolest in the head..."

She gestured to Ein, then disappeared at the slightest hint of retaliation.

"...Falls to their base impulses. Fine."

She prepared her blade, awash with light.

"I'll put you down."

Mhynt (122 STM, 13 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 0 RAD)
- **Act:** Item (Small Blast Seed) @ Ein
- Leaf Blade @ Ein (-21 STM, +2 TMP)
- STRONG CRITICAL RADIANT Acrobatics @ Ein (-19.5 STM, -20 TMP, +4 TMP, +13 RAD)
- Walk to Elevator
Net change: -41 STM, -9 TMP, +0 SHD, +13 RAD
Net totals: 81 STM (111 after regen), 4 TMP, 0 SHD, 13 RAD

No…

No, no no!

This couldn’t be happening. They’d downed the brute, he’d seen it himself. Why was he here again, ripping more holes through the wall? Why was Wes lying unconscious in the hallway behind the Darmanitan? Archie didn’t want to believe it, but when Dakim’s fist connected with Ghaspius, and the Ghost didn’t rise again, he was forced to concede to reality. The fight still wasn’t over. The Oshawott had given all he had to give, and still it wasn’t enough. He had no more power to draw on. In the end, he hadn’t even been able to protect his friends.

But, he couldn’t let it end this way, could he? It was his fault Seth was here. If they failed, they’d all get to go home, but not the red Lycanroc. If they failed here, Seth would die. He’d already failed to protect Wes, hadn’t been there when the blue Lycanroc had needed support. He couldn’t fail again. He wouldn’t! Dakim would have to kill him before Archie would let the Darmanitan hurt another one of his friends!

Bastard!” he roared again, “Have the grace to know when you’re beaten!

He flourished his scalchop, and charged at the Fire Type, pulling on every last scrap of power he had left. This was it, do or die, no more second chances. There had to be something more, one last thing he could give. Some last scrap. Some hidden well. He was a human, dammit! Wasn’t that supposed to mean something to this world?

And then he found it. The Oshawott’s body was enveloped in white light. He grew larger, and erupted out of the glow a fury of blue and black fur. A second scalchop found its way to his free paw, the blue blade of a second Razor Shell extending from it. The Dewott brought both blades together, leaped up into the air, and brought both down on Dakim’s head. This time, he wouldn’t let up until the Darmanitan was crumpled in a heap at his feet. Until he’d measured our some amount of retribution for the pain he’d caused Archie’s friends. And then he’d do the same to the next Admin, and the one after that too!

Archie (Aux)
- Brawler Strike (Water) @ Dakim

Bellatrix showed her fangs, challenging Venus. "Tasteless, am I?" she retorted, focusing on the words as to not be lost in the shadowy miasma. "Why waste time on a tasteless fox like me, surely, I would tarnish your presence?" Bellatrix dramatised her tone although behind the facade she remained cool and calculated. Her ears flicked as she tried to fend off the dizziness that Venus had left her with, whatever it was. Take advantage of their vices, she thought in an attempt to clear her mind. Those that the Shadows would cling onto and emphasise. In trying to seek power, they had torn themselves apart to reveal a glaring weakness. That was the first, the second...

"In fact, I shall spare you the effort in getting rid of me, allow me to vacate the premises," she said, as she walked away, turning a blind eye to the milotic. Her walk turned into a run as she bolted over her handiwork and through the hole in the wall Dakim had left. In an instant, the theatrical tone was shed, leaving only a cold glare, directed towards Ein, behind.

"What was it that you wished to achieve?" she asked, tapping the hilt of her blade. Then she sprung into action. "Power? Control?" She added between strikes. "A pity you were incapable of neither." A quick jab of her claw sent a small amount of spine-chilling ghost-energy that wormed its way towards Ein, priming him for her next attack.

Bellatrix drew back and pointed her sword at the manetric, mane rippling with light. "All you have accomplished with this little stunt of yours is seal your fate." She slashed at the air and a second Bitter Malice, illuminated in a shining coat of gold and white was sent flying Ein's way.

"Now allow me to enlighten you."

Bellatrix (85 STM, 19 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 0 SHD, 18 RAD)
- Walk to Generator Room
- Dash to Lobby (-2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Ein (-6 STM, +2 TMP)
- Quick Attack @ Ein (-9 STM, +2 TMP)
- AGILE Bitter Malice @ Ein (-36 STM, effect, -7 TMP, +2 TMP)
- CRITICAL RADIANT Bitter Malice @ Ein (-24 STM, Sure Hit, -20 TMP, +2 TMP, +24 RAD)
- **Act:** Item (Oran Berry)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Ein - Items
Net change: -75 STM, -16 TMP, +0 SHD, +24 RAD
Net totals: 10 STM (38 after regen), 3 TMP, 0 SHD, 42 RAD

Last edited:
Isidora heard Dakim about to come through the wall again. Ghaspius didn't. She could only watch as the Fire Punch knocked him cold. "Ghaspius!"

She braced herself against the darmanitan's next attack, and for a fleeting moment could feel his shadow flowing through her before it passed. Shake it off! She leaped back and placed a claw on her shoulder, ready to engage, when the lycanroc twins came in and took control of the situation. Begrudgingly, she recognized it was more efficient to let them handle this.

Betel's network told her that Ein was currently being handled too. But where's the snake- the milotic, or whatever?

Isidora ran for the control room and nearly choked on the atmosphere. She found Venus all right, with shadows rippling off of her like waves, drowning the room in their weight. She couldn't avert her eyes. What the hell...?

Don't let this fake intimidate you.
The air was suffocating, but it was breathable and that was more than enough. Isidora drew light from her shoulder, her radiant claws shining against the room's darkness. "Looks like it's just you and me, snake."

Isidora (66 STM, 23 TMP, +0 SPD, +0 ACC, 18 SHD, 5 RAD)
- Walk to Control Room
- Bite @ Venus (-17 STM, Sure Hit, effect, -7 TMP, +2 TMP)
- AGILE Ice Shard @ Venus (-7.5 STM, +2 TMP)
- CRITICAL RADIANT Ice Shard @ Venus (-5 STM, -20 TMP, +2 TMP, +5 RAD)
- Ice Shard @ Venus (-7.5 STM, +2 TMP)
- Activate feat (Spotter Feat) @ Venus' AI
- **Act:** Item (Whiskey) (+58 STM)
Net change: +21 STM, -14 TMP, +0 SHD, +5 RAD
Net totals: 87 STM (116 after regen), 9 TMP, 18 SHD, 10 RAD

Last edited:
Turn 5
Player Phase

Three down, but only one out.

And Ghaspius didn't quit, even as his aura gave up and he could no longer cast moves, he still found a way to make the Cipher Darmanitan's life that bit more difficult...

"Augh! Curse you, puppet! May your fabric fray and stain!"

Dakim broke his focus for a moment. Another fighter would take advantage of that...

Ghaspius' Radiant projectile made Dakim vulnerable...!

Archie's Brawler Strike dealt 18 dmg to Dakim!

Wes's Accelerock dealt 12 damage to Ein!
Wes's Accelerock dealt 18 damage to Dakim!
Wes's STRONG RADIANT Stone Edge, boosted by Ghaspius' Interact, dealt a CRITICAL 85 damage to Dakim! KO!!

"What is this fate? Was I truly not strong enough...?"

Dakim's Shadows didn't falter, even as his body did. He put a hand to his head, and stared at the wine-dark stain on his palm.

"I... shall not—"

He collapsed before he could finish his declaration, or land another bone-shattering blow. This time, there would be no Shadow-fuelled second wind.

Koa's Radiant Brawler Strike dealt 41 dmg to Ein!

Mhynt's Small Blast Seed dealt 20 damage to Ein!
Mhynt's Leaf Blade dealt 11 damage to Ein!
Mhynt's STRONG RADIANT Acrobatics dealt a CRITICAL 52 damage to Ein!

Bellatrix's Quick Attack dealt 14 damage to Ein!
Bellatrix's Quick Attack dealt 15 damage to Ein!
Bellatrix's AGILE Bitter Malice dealt 16 damage to Ein!
Bellatrix's RADIANT Bitter Malice dealt a CRITICAL 42 damage to Ein! KO!!

The Cipher scientist faltered under the assault. Given a chance, he'd have figured their combat capabilities out entirely, devised perfect countermeasures, and eliminated them one by one. Now he might never get the chance.

"Unacceptable," he sputtered. "Vandals, luddites! What did I miss? Did they send you against me? Why do you persist??"

The Manectric's legs buckled, the last of his Shadow-tinged electricity crackled into nothingness, and Bellatrix's white-and-gold maelstrom of hateful energy sapped the last of his. His head hit the floor, and his dark glasses cracked with the impact.

Isidora's Bite dealt 15 damage to Venus! Flinching!
Isidora became Charmed and Confused!
Isidora's AGILE Ice Shard dealt 6 damage to Venus!
Isidora's Ice Shard dealt 8 damage to Venus!
Isidora's RADIANT Ice Shard dealt a CRITICAL 24 damage to Venus!

The Milotic admin cringed at Isidora's ferocious assault, and her red-tainted eyes finally showed fear as she heard one fellow admin fall, followed shortly by the other.

"I'm no fool," she hissed. "I'm not weak in the head; I know when a battle is lost. You'll regret this! I'll bury you all so deep the world will forget you ever breathed!"

Venus slammed her tail into Isidora, knocking her away, and fled through the hallway and deeper into Terminal Two.

Seth wiped a fleck of red from his mouth with one paw, and cracked his neck.

"I'll go after her," he growled. "The rest of you make sure the rest don't get back up, yeah?"

The 'rest' being Dakim, Ein, and the pile of knocked-out peons in the lobby... A considerable amount of arrests to make.

Seth threw a lazy salute to Wes, and sprinted down the hallway after the retreating Milotic. Whatever happened, it was hard to imagine Venus had any viable escape route available – the town was patrolled by Rangers and clan warriors, and any underground transportation device would surely be out of commission with the generators down.

Cipher had other assets – this squad of Wayfarers would be dimly aware that there'd been other fights elsewhere in the base while this one had taken place – but the core of their leadership in the region had been decisively defeated. This was a firm victory for the Wayfarers, for Blaguarro, and for all Soja'.

~ Wayfarer Victory! ~

Mhynt exhaled through her nose at Ein's final flails before nodding at the others. "Restrain them, if you may. Remember, we have backup, too. Someone go back and alert the rangers that we have a lot of arrests to make!"

As Mhynt jumped past fallen Peons, she did quick checks on a few of them. She was suspicious that some were playing dead or otherwise feigning being down -- if she caught one, she'd do a quick double-tap with the flat of her Leaf Blade to make sure they stayed down until the Rangers came to secure the area.

"I'm not good with keeping people down without killing them," Mhynt informed, gesturing to her lithe body. "...I will go with Seth. He will need a quick escape and I don't want anyone going alone, yes?"

She waited only a few seconds for approval or otherwise; if nobody stopped her, she'd blip away and catch up to the pursuing offworlder.

Ghaspius made no protest; he himself had been dragging on the floor at that point, anyhow. "Go on ahead, groovy gecko," he waved with an exhausted smile. "Anyone got a pick-me-up? Head feels like it's between two ends of a Steelix pendulum."

With the energy he had left, he untied his scarf and waved it around. "Hey, didn't one of our guys stay with the Rangers? The Floragato with boots. Could Betel get in touch with 'em 'bout this?"

Isidora reeled from Venus' tail swipe and could only watch as she got away. She wanted catch up, to beat her, and if she had her magic she could have. But Radiance only gave her raw power. The sneasel stood up straight and began licking her claws clean. Dammit.

It was fine. Venus had nowhere to run, and while she could help chase her, there was something else she had to do first. She briskly walked back to the ruined generator room, and as she did so, a pressure she hadn't realized was in her head began to lift. The shadows are gone. And so with a cleared head she approached Ghaspius, reached into her bag, and offered him her Reviver Seed. "Here. Looks like you're just as much a lifesaver in battle as in a performance."

She had no idea how these seeds actually worked, but he could figure it out, probably.

'Hey Betel, you there? Did you hear Ghaspius? How're things going with the other squads?'

Last edited:
Bellatrix's eyes narrowed at the fleeing milotic, taking a few breaths to ease away the radiant buzz at the back of her head. "Do you have any means of restraining everyone on this floor?" she asked her fellow teammates. "Do so quickly before they come to. I can aid in the chase and restraint of the milotic in the meantime." A beat as her gaze fell on the blue elecktrike. "Koa, I would recommend that you do not look."

Bellatrix shook herself out and began to bolt through the hallway on all-fours, trying to catch up to Seth and Mhynt and seeking to stop Venus. A mild setback when one had a head start and the other could teleport, but this form was lithe and was bound to catch up eventually, not that she imagined Venus would get very far with the power cut.

Red sparks flickered as she ran, but Bellatrix would not execute until she was within striking distance to the milotic. She would just need to draw on that extra bit of light in the meantime.

Panting, Koa gazed around, taking in everything. It was over. Seth was going after Venus, Mhynt too, but the others were down. Over. They'd won. A ghost of a smile tugged at his jaws. Still, he couldn't afford to relax, not until everyone was dealt with. Fortunately Isidora had already checked on Ghaspius, and the others were recovering...

And Archie had evolved! His smile widened to a grin and he caught Archie's eyes and gave him a congratulatory look.

"Koa, I would recommend that you do not look."

He met Bellatrix's gaze and nodded in understanding. "I'll stay here," he said. Besides, he wanted to keep an eye on Dakim and Ein, and check for any clues. Ein would be harder to deal with... but the others he could handle. Making a round, he gathered his strength and set to paralysing Dakim and the remaining grunts laying around before circling back to Ein. The sight of him still made Koa bristle with disgust. he glanced away.

"Ghaspius, got anything that could hold him for awhile? I can't exactly paralyze him," he muttered. But maybe if Ghapius could help they could restrain him...

After a last glance at Ein, he made his way back to the shredded control room. The team had blown up most of everything but maybe there was something useful around. He checked to see if anything remained of the computers, then poked around to see if Cipher kept any files around or anything else. Given the state of the room, he didn't expect to find much though.

Finally, he made his way to the remnants of Ein's drone. The way he'd boosted his strength sparked Koa's curiosity... For some odd reason he found himself drawn to it, to see what it was, how it worked... If possible, try and take the it back to examine.

The Mismagius happily bit into the Reviver Seed — wincing a bit as he tried to avoid Isidora's steel claws — and muttered a soft thanks. With a deep inhale, he slowly rose back up as his smile returned with thankfully far less light leaking out than prior. His gems returned to their regular hue as his eyes became just a little less lidded.

He let out a hum at Koa's question. "Ain't got much in the way of rope, but what if you could paralyze him?" He shuffled through his bag of tricks and spooks before pulling out a bubbling liquid of an unnaturally bright blue. "I'll be honest, I ain't tested this yet, but better now than never, right?"

Ghaspius tried to splash Ein with the Soak-enfused concoction. "Alright, give it a try now!"

Betel didn't fire up another combat session in the telepathic network. Evidently Venus on her own, routed from the battlefield, was no match for the pursuing Radiance-wielders.

Well done, everyone!

As an update on the other squads of heroic spirits:

1. The squad deployed to the basement laboratory have defeated another admin/scientist in battle, and are presently rescuing a Shadow Graydian!

2. The squad deployed to the Terminal Two holding cells have defeated Shadowed guards in battle, and are presently attempting the rescue of Lycanroc Leona, an offworlder and Shadow pokémon.

3. The forces deployed above ground have engaged with elements of Cipher's forces and soundly defeated them, along with several Shadow pokémon, including the Shadow onix! Felin is present and making use of Radiance to assist.

In the lobby, Ein began to wake, with a bleak, defeated groan...

Relief washed over Koa as he heard of the other teams success, followed by shock. Another... Graydian? Like Nova and Gladion? And another Lycanroc? Just how many Lycanroc are there? At least they weren't another Seth or Wes, he thought with a wry grin. Leona sounded like she was probably different, whoever she was...

'Betel... any sign around of a Zweilous or Drapion?' Maybe Felin would know, or one of the Rangers. Hopefully he wasn't around, but the last thing they needed was him slipping by to get access to Cipher's tech or do more harm.

He prowled back out to the lobby area to make sure everything looked okay, glancing warily at Ein, then the direction the others had gone. "We should make sure they're secure," he said. Between paralysis and the cuffs they'd gotten from Rangers, it would be enough. He locked a pair around Ein, and then Dakim, double checking they were well locked.

'And has anyone said they found Cipher's portal technology?'

Last edited:
Bellatrix was soon seen walking back into the lobby, dusting her paws implicating that she had finished with Venus but had decided not to lug the serpent around the facility. When she noticed that the bound manetric was coming to, she took a few long strides and crouched down about a metre and a half away to start her interrogation.

"The simple questions first," she said, tone neutral but direct. "Both of us know that you are not of this world, what business do you have on Forlas and where is your means of getting here?"

After sitting dumbly proud at his little restraint trick for a solid minute, he let out a light gasp as he realized the restraints that the Rangers had provided probably would've been a better idea. Ghaspius began to cuff and tie up the fallen peons where he could.

Seeing the shady 'mon in shades wake up, he chimed in and added, "And why Forlas specifically? Like, was it happenstance, or did someone tell ya?"

When the shadow induced haze cleared from his mind, Archie found himself standing in the ruins of the generator room still, Dakim collapsed at his feet. Somehow, the Darmanitan’s defeat didn’t exactly fill him with pride, or even relief. He’d evolved. Of course, the now-Dewott knew that he needed to eventually. It wasn’t really the happy occasion full of pride evolution was supposed to be. Nor was it the moment of anguish the Dewott had feared. Mostly, he felt numb, tired. Well, there was no going back once evolved. He’d have to get used to it now.

He’d seen enough Dewotts to know where, roughly, his now two scalchops – maybe he should ask Ayda for some pointers on using two blades in tandem? She’d seemed friendly enough in their sparring match, maybe she’d take pity on him – were meant to go on his hips. That done, he momentarily distracted himself staring at his black furred paws. At least, until he realized Koa was looking at him. He gave the Electrike a wave, and his best tired smile. And then the Electric Type was off to deal with their assorted captured villains. Which meant the Dewott should probably get to work too.

Getting Dakim’s arms up behind his back to cuff them was an adventure in and of itself, but eventually he managed it. Once that was done, he sat on the Darmanitan’s back for good measure. Even after evolving, the gargantuan Fire Type was probably still twice the Dewott’s size. The others were chasing after Venus, or dealing with Ein, so, Archie supposed, that left him to guard the third and final Admin on this floor. Including the admin captured by the lab team, that brought their grand total of Cipher bosses up to four… Did they rule the organization co-equally, or was there some ranking structure? Ein possibly seemed to have some amount of authority over Dakim and Venus, at least enough that they came when he called. Did that mean Ein ran the show, either officially or as a first among equals? Or was there a command structure over even the Manectric?

He tapped his heel against Dakim’s side, wondering if the Fire Type would rouse anytime soon. Somehow he doubted the Darmanitan would be all that enthusiastic to answer his questions. Still, he might as well give it a shot.

“Hey? You awake big guy?” he asked, from his perch on Dakim’s back, “Sounds like we got both your friends up here, and the one down in the labs, too. Any other friends we should know about? Got anyone who’s gonna swear vengeance, or come bust you out of prison?”

Back
Top Bottom