• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Viking RP

Capitain Jay

You know it's true.
Plot. In this RP, there is none, except for that we make ourselves. We just wander aimlessly... into the future. Setting? Of course there is! Around the area Dartmoor would be, mid 900s England. We're all Vikings. As such, we must create our characters as such. I'll begin.

Name: Erik
Appearance: A scrawny little man, with little to no muscle mass, with a disheveled head of hazelnut brown hair and a very short beard, by Viking terms. One of his legs is longer than the other, due to a deformity that he's had from birth. His eyes are copper oxide green, and rather deepset.
Personality: Erik is a timid fellow, not knowing whether to approach someone or not. He keeps to himself most of the time, only emerging from his tent to deliver messages or to play his music. His tent has really bad acoustics.
Other: He is the troop's messenger, able to run at what would be considered to be Olympic-level speeds in this day and age despite having a quite disabling limp. He is also quite adept at playing the lur. (Wikipedia it.)

And now it's your turn:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Rules:

• Please, please please PLEASE keep it somewhat authentic. As in, nothing like "OH JESUS" or the likes - they were Norse paganists, not Christians! Also other modern things are forbidden. You can talk normally, just avoid referencing things that would not be found in England in the 10th century.
  • No godmoding and other related activities.
  • Please, for the love of Odin, (See? I'm obeying the first rule already and the RP hasn't started yet!) don't make a Mary-Sue. Please.
  • No OOC hostilities. And, for that matter, no unwarranted IC hostilities.
  • Don't use information that your character can't have possibly obtained.
  • Have fun.
List of people who have signed up:

1. Capitain Jay
  2. Dezzuu

Last edited:
Name: Snorri Ulfsson (ahahaha, I realized after I typed this that Snorri's the name of the guy who wrote the Prose Edda)
Appearance: Standing at 6'2" and weighing one hundred and four score pounds, Snorri is, understandly, a rather intimidating fellow, when you go by appearance. He has bright green eyes the color of Asgard's vibrant grasses, a white-blond mane reaching halfway down his back, and a beard moderate in length and of the same hue. He's fit, but not overly muscular, and often has a face of deep thought on his cold, hardened face.
Personality: Despite his intimidating stature and gaze, Snorri is honestly not much one for fights with his brethren. He always keeps his sword sheathed and is careful to lock it when he starts drinking. He's usually quiet and brooding, except for when he's drunk or on the battlefield. When he's drunk, he's just more sociable and is more likely to break into song. On the battlefield, he lets loose all of the pent up anger and stress he accumulates and has one goal: to kill those that do oppose.
Other: His favorite deity is Odin, though he does have a soft spot for Baldr (he can often be found talking quietly to himself about how much he dislikes mistletoe). He's taken a liking to music, though he's not proficient in any instruments besides his voice. He's likely to join in any chants his brothers might take up.

woo?

You're in!

Maybe I should start the RP when we've got about, say, six members. With a maximum of twelve - too many players can make things very confusing, you know.

Back
Top Bottom