• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TorterraOats' Sprite Gallery

All I can say is that they're either really good or meh. No bad ones here. You're a very good spriter. Keep up the good work.

Oh, but that Zorua one at the very end looks more along the lines of a Pixel-over than a scratch. Just thought I'd point that out.

I do have a tutorial on Marriland, so I'll post the tips I had from there:

These are for beginners kind of...

TIPS:

-SAVE AS .PNG. JPG messes up the image quality, and BMP isn't accepted into some uploading sites and will look like JPG. GIF can also mess up the quality.

PNG:
PNG.png

JPG:
JPG.jpg

GIF:
GIF.gif

BMP:
BMP.jpg

BMP might not get that messed up. It all depends. To be safe, still use PNG.

-Observe which colors are the main body colors. If purple is a main body color on one sprite, and red is the main body color on another sprite, use those colors on each other, and the same for the extra parts.

-Choose pokemon that are almost the same position or have extremely versitile parts. Don't try to fuse Snorlax and Pichu, Wailord and Bidoof, and so on.

-Don't do more than a 5 pokemon fusion right away. It most likely will come out horrible. Wait until you master 2, 3, 4, and 5 pokemon fusions.

I scratched the shading, but yeah... It was a pixel over. Now I currently have 101 sprites.

OK I thought so. That Vaporeon/Skorupi sprite in the mini-tutorial is a little strange. The head doesn't match the body very well, and I find it a little funny because you said to use Pokémon that match up. Don't worry; this kind of tutorial is exactly the kind of thing beginners need. You probably made a hundred sprites better by posting it.

Can you link me to the Marilland tutorial? I just like learning new stuff :D

I can't link you right now because Marriland is down for maintenance. PM me in 3 days to remind me if I forget.

KK. Thanks for letting me know, I have a couple of bookmarks in Marriland xD

I see some potential.

Just keep practicing. And whatever you do, do NOT get out of practice. I haven't done it in 2 years and I can't do a simple scratch anymore.

Back
Top Bottom