• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Two Rooms and a Boom - interest poll

given how much we tend to talk i don’t think that 12 hours is going to be too sluggish tbh, especially if whispers are to be forbidden and/or restricted in some way
this is just me guessing, though; i’ve never played this game before tbh
yeah, I wonder if "12 [or 24?] hours minimum, after which the Leaders can end the round at any point" might be an acceptable compromise

I'm not really sure if I understand. I get the basics but uh what do you do when you're not trading roles with other players? Can you talk freely in the room?

I'm not really sure if I understand. I get the basics but uh what do you do when you're not trading roles with other players? Can you talk freely in the room?
Yup! Just like in mafia, you can talk freely in the room thread to try to signal your intentions to other members of your team, and observe what others are saying to try to figure out their roles.

Reactions: Ys_
Hm sounds fun and thanks for inviting/tagging me Koko :3 but I don't have the time to join atm. I kinda have to do some irl stuff..
Hope you all have fun though! 😄

Awesome!

OK, in the absence of anyone else expressing a preference, I'm going with what I suggested above for round times. Rounds will always start at 7pm UTC / 3pm EDT and will always last for at least 244 hours. After that point, the leaders of each room will be free to end the round if and when they feel ready; when both rooms have ended the round, I'll announce the results in the main thread and the next round will start at the next 7pm.

I took advice from an IRL friend and have decided on a role list which I think is reasonably balanced, which will be filled from the top down depending on how many people eventually sign up.
  • President/Bomber
  • Shy Guy/Shy Guy: May not reveal (or agree to reveal) their role or colour to any other player.
  • Coy Boy/Coy Boy: May not reveal (or agree to reveal) their role to any other player.
  • Spy/Spy: Has the opposite colour to their win condition.
  • Nuclear Tyrant: Third party. Wins if they shared roles with both the President and the Bomber at any point during the game. Cannot refuse an offer to mutually share colours/roles. Everyone else loses if the Nuclear Tyrant wins.
  • MI6: Third party. Wins if they shared roles with both the President and the Bomber at any point during the game.
  • Leprechaun: Third party. Wins as long as the Nuclear Tyrant loses. Cannot refuse an offer to mutually share colours/roles. As soon as anyone sees the Leprechaun's unique colour, they immediately swap colours/roles with it (if they haven't already been the Leprechaun).
  • Fool/Fool: Cannot refuse an offer to mutually share colours/roles.
  • If there are any remaining slots (which seems unlikely, but,) they'll be filled with vanilla red/blue team members, plus a Gambler (see OP) if the teams would otherwise be uneven.
Deadline for signups, and start time, are both probably going to be sometime around the end of this week - it depends how many people turn up dead this evening in ACNH and Tarot.

I think that covers everything? I realise it's all a bit spread out through the thread but I think everything's been said somewhere. I'll explain the rules again in the game thread, of course.

Reactions: Ys_
don't remember what I said before but I don't feel like it lol

lemme know if you need any help with hosting though!

er, this should say 24, obviously

can you imagine
I was gonna say
"The year is 2230. kokorico still hasn't let us out of these fucking rooms yet. The Leprechaun has taken to drink and the Shy Guys have developed extreme social anxiety. Please, if there's anyone alive out there, send help"

If my count is correct, I think we have the minimum 11 people now, so I'm gonna set a final deadline for signups at 7pm UTC / 3pm EDT tomorrow (Friday 17th June). I'll get role PMs sent out shortly after that and the game will start on Saturday. Last chance if you've been on the fence about joining.

If you've changed your mind about playing, please say so ASAP so we can look for someone to fill your slot!

don't remember what I said before but I don't feel like it lol

lemme know if you need any help with hosting though!
No worries! I think the way I set up the rules for claims (letting people send each other claims rather than making it go through the GM) means it should require very little modding other than the end-of-round results and counting votes for Leader, but I'll drop you a line! And of course you (and anyone else interested) are very welcome to spectate.

btw I don't really recommend having players send each other their cards for card shares for a first game

people are very, very liable to make mistakes when they have roles like shy guy and either forget or don't understand how it works

speaking from experience in the MU game

i think i might have to back out of this game unfortunately ;; hope everyone has fun though!!
That's a shame! Would you like to spectate?

I guess we need one more - anyone been on the fence about signing up? @Keldeo oooooo.tar.bz2 ?

btw I don't really recommend having players send each other their cards for card shares for a first game

people are very, very liable to make mistakes when they have roles like shy guy and either forget or don't understand how it works

speaking from experience in the MU game
Oh, yeah, I was just planning to give people premade bbcode snippets to paste for claims, which of course the shy guys/coy boys wouldn't receive. Do you see a problem with that?

For example:
Welcome to Two Rooms and a Boom, (name)! You are the President, which means you are aligned with the Blue Team.

Your goal is to not be in the same room as the Bomber at the end of the game. If you succeed in keeping the Bomber away from you, you and your team will win the game.

You can copy-paste one or other of the following messages in any game-related PM in order to claim your role or colour to another player:
Code:
[B]I am the [COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]President[/COLOR].[/B]
Code:
[B]I am aligned with the [COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]Blue Team[/COLOR].[/B]

Good luck!
Welcome to Two Rooms and a Boom, (name)! You are the Blue Shy Guy, which means you are aligned with the Blue Team. You win if, at the end of the game, the President is not in the same room as the Bomber.

You have no special powers, but you can use your voice and your vote to help find the rest of your team and keep the Bomber away from the President!

Unfortunately, you are extremely shy and are unwilling to show your face to anyone. This means that you may not claim your role or colour to anyone, or promise to do so, in public or in private.

Good luck!

yay, knew my aggressive advertising would pay off eventually

(please say nothing to the electoral standards commission about the validity of the interest poll, thanks)

no worries, keldeo! lmk if you want to spectate

Back
Top Bottom