• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Legend of the Stone Tablet (LST)

What should the school's name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh boy.. >>
For some reason, I imagine her as the kid of my character from Dead Man Shambling. Is that weird?

I imagine my character as the kid of MY character from DMS. But, then again, my kid form isn't mute... But, he still likes your character.

I would imagine that after this time that they don't want to come and re-join, so can we start?

((Good point, we shall start!))

------

A boat, made up of steel floated upon gentle waters. An island could be seen in the distance. Crystal clear water lpped at the teal painted sides of the boat. Small, grey, black, and white feathered birds could be seen flying from the island. Chirps of the bird rang though the crisp, morning air. Small, white and orange fish swam through the waters along with other fish.

Coming up the deck of the ship, we see a boy sitting at a table. Leaning back, he brushes his soft, black hair out of his catlike, caramell brown eyes. Tugging at his black jacket, he sighed. "Stuck at a school for trainers. I hope the food is good." he remrked with a grin.

[There. It's lunch time so your characters should either be on the deck hanging out and eating, somewhere else eating, or just milling around the ship somewhere. Bear in mind that these are trainers who have yet to go on journies or had to postphone their journies due to the reasons mentioned in your sign-ups. The first post has all the accepted characters thus far, for easy refrence.]

A young woman with long, white hair looked out over the sea. She rested her arms, folded over each other, and let her head sink down a bit. She kept careful attention on her round glasses, making sure that they didn't get blown off by a sudden gust of wind if there was one. She watched the gulls soar about the skies; her eyes were only partially fixed on the billowing, yet gentle nontheless, waves of blue-white water.

A sigh escaped her mouth, not from fatigue but peacefulness. "I can't wait to get back onto the land. Who knows what the school will be like?"

She turned around and produced a large sketchbook from the floor next to her. A pencil was fitted perfectly into its pages, marking the first blank sheet of paper. Ava flipped the book open and drew out the pencil, thinking. She would draw the gulls, but she already had the day before on the beach. She just needed an inspiration.

Dawn sighed with the wind. She stared at the flute on her lap blankly, letting her shadow-colored hair blow into her face. It would definitely be a long day. Reluctantly, she picked it up. What was so bad about playing a flute on a ship? Nothing. Was it just because she was high-strung?

Finally, something in her made her put the flute away. She was sad to be unable to play it, but also glad that she hadn't caught too much attention. For a moment, she just stared at the billowing waves, gently hugging the sides of the boat like magnets to a refrigerator door. Maybe, it would be a good time to draw?

Carefully, she withdrew a notebook from her backpack. It had no lines, which was perfect for art because it didn't interfere with the vertical lines. The problem was, she didn't know what to draw. The waves would be boring, and she couldn't see the whole boat. She just wished that a Gyarados or something would come along. And, as if on cue, she could have sworn that she saw a fin poking out of the water. Oh, Gyarados... they were so majestic, powerful, but most of all, they were graceful and pretty, two points that Dawn liked in a Pokémon. The males were slightly more aggressive and fearsome most of the time, but the females were a different story. However, both genders could get angry easily, so if Dawn ever had one, she would have to treat it nicely and softly, but only to a point. She shivered slightly. Their Dragon Rage sure could be devastating...

She looked over to another girl close by. This one had white hair, and a notebook, just like her! There was just one thing she wanted to ask...

Shyly, Dawn walked over. She tried to be casual, but just couldn't.

"Um... do you know where I can find Gyarados?"

Since Ava hadn't drawn anything yet, she was able to look up without delay. She was about to say "Gyarados? What's a Gyarados?" But then she remembered: A long, blue water dragon. If it were more sleek and less ruffly, it would be one of her favorite Pokemon.

"I guess they can be found where Magikarp live, since Magikarp evolve from them... have you heard of the Lake of Rage in Johto? I can't remember the names of all the towns, but I can remember the lake..."

Dawn blinked. She had actually paid attention.

"I think so. Just from tales," she replied. "But I've never actually been to Johto."

She nodded to the girl in thanks, and returned to her seat.

Johto, huh? That was pretty far away. She would never make it, however badly she wanted to see a Gyarados... a Gyarados was her dream, to have one someday... but Purugly was her favorite. It was pretty, graceful, fast, and best of all, Normal-type! She knew that there weren't a lot of Pokémon fans with the Normal type as their favorite. But, as she had heard before, there was nothing normal about them. Their abilities had the most variety of any other type, and they had only one weakness: Fighting-types. Not to mention the fact that they could learn a lot of different types of moves, such as Water Pulse, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Dawn liked Persian, and Nidorina, too, even though it was Poison-type. The most fascinating Pokémon of all, though, was Suicune. It was said to be the Pokémon of the aurora, and could purify any water just by touching it. Most people said it was just a legend, but she believed that, just perhaps, the majestic dog was as real as Purugly. It may have been her dream to see a Gyarados, but her biggest was to someday meet Suicune.

((Can I change his age to 13?))

Ruby was sitting on deck at a table alone, just eating and thinking. I hope that there is at least ONE cute or hot girl here. I mean, being all alone here with no girl to date or anything? That would be kind of boring. But, I suppose I could deal with it, and simply imagine. He had a girlfriend at his old school, but she broke up with him after he told her that he was going to boarding school in the middle of the ocean. She had obviously HATED the idea of a long-range relationship. So he was kind of bored and desperate. He was a little clingy. He usually had a girlfriend. However, none of the girls he had ever hung out with or dated recently held a candle to the one he hadn't seen since he was ten. She was the love of his life, and was sad when he had to leave, completely ruining his chances of seeing her again.

He needed to stop thinking about girls. Just concentrate on eating your sandwich and maybe your mind will wander somewhere else. He thought. He did just that and then he did start wandering. He missed his two Skitty that he had left at home. They were so cute and fuzzy. He missed a lot of things from home, but most of all was his Blaziken. It wasn't his ACTUAL pokémon, but no one else really used it. His father was the real owner, but left it at home while he went to be in charge of Liza Deston High School. He stopped thinking about that all together, because it was making him sad, and just stared out at the ocean.

Tala stared out sullenly at the water, as if it had done her personal injury. The conversation and the sounds of eating behind her were ignored: if she kept out of everyone else's way, it stood to reason that they wouldn't get in hers. My idiotic mother decided to analyze me like one of her patients, and decided I would do better around others in a special school. How stupid is that! She scowled at the waves and started to tear apart the sandwich she had been holding, dropping the pieces into the water. It's not like I'm one of the crazies she builds her job on. I just don't like other people!

A Tentacool drifted close to the surface, and she looked down at it. "Clear out. You don't want to hang around a bunch of kids like this." she muttered. "Especially since we're all supposed to have some sort of problems." Tala dropped the rest of her sandwich into the water and watched as a Wingull swooped down to snatch a piece. "Why can't people be... simpler, I guess. Why can't they leave you in peace when you want to be alone, instead of nagging and worrying and acting like it's their problem too. Or just seeing a problem where there's none!" And on she ranted, though all in a low mutter that was going to be pretty hard to eavesdrop on.

((Gah, wait for me! So, we don't have Pokemon yet?))
Valkrie leaned against the railing, watching the others talk. If her stupid parents didn't believe she would take over the world with Dragon Pokemon, she wouldn't be here. Valkrie glared into the water and watched schools of fish Pokemon swim by. There'd be time to get to know the others later, right now all she wanted to do was think.

Adelle sat in a corner, eating a sandwich and looking bored. Nobody seemed to notice her, which was just fine with her. Nobody ever seemed to, she was so quiet. She chuckled silently at that, and started typing on her laptop, careful not to get peanut butter on the keyboard. She was writing an e-mail to her best friend in Word. She probably wouldn't be able to send it while they were on the ship, but she could send it later. When it was finished, she stuffed it back in her bag and studied all the other people there. She opened a notebook to a random, blank page. It was her sort of-journal, not that she cared who read it or anything. She didn't write the date, or even write in the pages in order. She began scribbling in it with a sharpie.
That guy over there looks depressed. Someone else looks mad. Nervous people. Well, this could be really fun and interesting, or as boring as watching two Wobuffet fighting. My money's on the second one. I wish I could have a conversation with someone. IM, maybe. Smoke signals. Whatever. Booooorrrrreeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd.

Ruby noticed a girl over in the corner that he thought looked kinda cute writing in her notebook. He walked over and said to her, "Hi, I'm Ruby Lehrer, what's your name?" He hoped to make a friend soon, especially a cute girl like her. She had a laptop and a peanut butter sandwich. She looked bored, and her notebook didn't look very organized. Since no one seemed to notice her yet he decided to talk to her.

She was writing about not being able to have a conversation with people. He assumed that she was just really shy. "So, what are you writing about?" he also asked.

hi Ruby Lehrer. I'm writing about how I can't ever talk to people. Or laugh. Or sing. And freaking nobody actually knows sign language. Well, I'm thinking the last part, anyway. So, how're you feeling?
She wrote quickly, then held up the notebook for him to see. What she wrote was a bit depressed sounding, but she was always pretty honest and straightforward about that sort of thing.

Last edited:
"Oh, you're mute? I'm sorry. I didn't know. I know a little sign language, and am learning more online. I'm doing well, thank you." Ruby said.

He kind of felt sad for her, but she seemed like she was pretty secure with it.

That's okay. People rarely do know. Actually, my best friend didn't realize that until like 4 days after we met. She has the occasional stupid moment and all that.
She wrote again, then drew an "XD" face next to the last sentence.
My name's Adelle Keigan. Hi. Again.

"Do you know any sign language?" Ruby asked. He took classes at his old school, and as he had said, he was also studying it using Rosetta Stone©.

Adelle nodded and signed, "I do, a little. See?"
Hey, maybe this won't be so bad. Yeah, right. Something bad or boring's gonna happen, I know it.
She looked like she was laughing, then signed again, "A mute person and a girl named Zelda. The irony is killing me."

Back
Top Bottom