• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Mystery Dungeon: A New Beginning

Accepted.

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED.

Those that need to finish their forms, please do so now.

Last edited:
The sun begun to rise over the ocean horizon, dawning on yet another beautiful day that would be usually perfect for any young pokemon with their family. Except for one little thing that makes the day not perfect. No one had their parents anymore and were left alone to fend for themselves.

A few birds start to tweet their morning chorus, singing to the children of lost parents their sweet lullaby. Under one of the trees on a cliff hanging over the ocean, a small figure stares out at the water.

"...Granny, Gramps...we're going to be moving out today. We're going to get you and the others back...just hang one for a bit longer. I know it's going to be a long journey, but I can do this...we can do this. I hope you send us your blessings on out trip. I love you both."

She closes her eyes and lets a single tear roll down her face, allowing herself to have her morning sad moment before putting on a brave face for the others with a smile. She turns her head and looks down the path way, waiting for the other's to arrive. Her paw rests on the bag she carries with her, packed with things they will need on their trip. her the left are other bags she's gathered for the others to carry as well.

"...I wonder when they'll get here..."

Silver was still asleep, curled up as best the small steel type could in the house he lived in with his parents... When his parents had been there. He was dreaming...

"Grampa..." He mumbled, shifting and wiggling one of his hooves. His eyes were squeezed shut, and he was whimpering.

He woke with a start, snorting and lifting hie heavy head.

"Torei...?" He called, still tired and confused where his friend was. He quickly waddled out of his home and down a path.

((Oh and by the way

I'm planning a sad ending ;-;))

Sunlight hurt Cirrus's eyes as the sun rose over the horizon. She twisted her head to relieve her eyes from the glare and then opened them.

She looked for a moment at the beautiful, glossy green leaves, glistening with dewdrops. Cirrus licked a few off for a quick drink, then looked up at the small clouds that were ty-dyed in the sunrise.

If only Mom and Dad were still here... They could teach me to fly better. I could touch one of those clouds. How come they're red and orange and pink at sunrise, white at noon, and purple at dusk? It doesn't make sense for clouds to be so many different colors.

Mom and Dad...

Today I start my search.

She shakily glided down to the forest floor for a quick breakfast. All there was that she could see was a berry bush. Berries were good.

She hopped over to the bush. Oran berries. Not the best, but if they were to keep her going...

She wolfed a couple down, and then flew back up to the branch for a higher takeoff. It would be hard, she was sure, because the morning air was still and cold. There would be no handy thermals for a while.

She flapped and rose a couple of feet above the treetops, then glided in a direction that her navigational senses told her was west. Towards the sea, she had been told.

Freezefire hopped out of the bushes she had been sleeping in, in place of her.. empty cave she shared with her parents, hissing at a Weedle that had stung her.

"Go.. die," she snapped, as the Weedle scuttled away. She sighed, and sat down again. What would her parents have done.. Well, they weren't there. She could go look for food.. maybe take some from the weaker Pokemon that couldn't defend it themselves. There were a few places Pokemon lived around a path somewhere around.. Ahaha!

Freezefire jumped up, and looked across. There it is.. She ran forward and up the path.

"Don't go!"

"You'll be killed!!"

The telepathic cries of the other Ralts and Kirlia still rung strong in Raisu's head, even as she was a good distance from the village. Their now-missing parents had trained them to wake early and go to sleep early, and the rest had decided to try to live on their own until the parents, all the Gardevoir and Gallade in the forest, somehow returned.

But Raisu knew they wouldn't return, not unless someone found them and helped them escape.

Marx sat on the roof of his house, watching that bright ball of light in the sky they called a sun. Even though he was a Gligar, he didn't actually fly on top of the roof - rather, he was forced to climb the gutter, which was no easy task with his pincers and one-clawed feet. He still couldn't fly, as much as he tried to teach himself. He wondered when he should set off. After all, he had no idea where he would go. But, he knew what he needed to do. Hopping down from the roof and using his wings like a parachute (he did, at least, know how to do that), he plucked some berries from a nearby bush. Aspear berries. They were pretty good. Marx decided to wander a bit before he got ready, and so he crossed the street and decided to head towards the main square.

((Fail post is fail. I have no idea what to do.))

Kat peered down at the ground as she flew, scanning it for any sign of Torei. She hoped she was close; her wings were getting too tired to fly well. Her stomach ached, as it had for the past.. days? Weeks? It seemed like forever. Needless to say, she hadn't eaten much of anything in a while, let alone anything fresh, and that was not helping at all.
Glancing back towards towards the ground, she was relieved to spot the Munchlax, waiting for them. Angling her wings downward and almost completely folding them, she glided down at a sharp angle and landed almost perfectly in front of Torei.
"I'm here."

Freezefire came to a screeching stop in front of a small house-looking place, and looked up to see a window. A one room building, with high-ish windows, then..

"Not too far up, I could climb," she muttered, and dug her claws into the wall. She had learned almost all she could before her parents disappeared, luckily. Not that they really had much to tell her.

Freezefire hopped in the window, and looked around. The room was completely empty, except for a straw mat, maybe to sleep on. With a sigh she climbed out, and onto the roof.

"Where can I find some food-" she yelled, before spotting a few moving spots in the distance. Other Pokemon.

Freezefire grinned to herself. They must be they first signs of life, aside from that Weedle, that she'd seen for.. two or so weeks. With a quick twist, she dropped onto all fours and leapt onto the roof across from her, towards the Pokemon.

"grr..." Seth hated the cold, but he needed some food Berries, peh He would rather starve than eat berries. ooh, lookie, a house inside, he found a fridge "dah, stupid. I knew that you'd need hands to open this. Trying to open it with his scyths, he failed multiple times. He tried to do anything, then he just sat down with his eyes closed, imagining the door opening. Then he felt a breeze, he opened his eyes and the fridge was opened. "YES"...

He looked outside to see what looked like a parade of Pokemon. He flew down on his wings and followed them. He spoted a Munchlax up in the front, so Seth decided to talk to him "uh, Mr... Munchlax, pokemon? Munchlax, where are we going?"

The Munchlax jumps a little when she hears someone speak to her. She notices that a group of pokemon have appeared around her and smiles a little.

"Hey there. I'm Torei. You must not be around here of you didn't know who I am. I'm the substitute Mother in this town..."

She gets up from where she sat, looking at the group of pokemon for her friend Silver. After seeing that he hasn't appeared yet. She shakes her head and sighs.

"The one that plays 'Daddy' is called Silver. We're here to wait for the other kids to come up here and get ready for our trip to find our parents."

She then waves to the others in her town that said hi to her, chuckling a little.

"If any of you see Silver, can you tell him to hurry his butt?"

"Aaaaaaah....!"

Silver was waddling down the path, his steel body rather heavy so he was slower than most. His footprints were deep in the slightly-moist dirt, left wet from a not-to-long-ago rainstorm. He could seem some others a bit farther off.

"Torei!" He yelled, almost tripping on a rock.

Wow. The sea wasn't that far away. Or maybe I'm just flying fast...

Cirrus gazed down at the large expanse of water below her.

I sure am thirsty... Wonder what it tastes like...

She flew low, dipping her tongue in the water. It tasted like salt, for some reason.

Eww! I'm never trusting a puddle again.

Hey, who are they?

She spotted a group of Pokemon on the shore. Deciding that they were okay, she flew towards them and landed in the skimpy tree that dangled above them.

"Um... Hello. I'm Cirrus..."

She was beginning to have second thoughts. What if they were bad?

No, she had to trust them. It was her only chance.

Spatz woke with a start, realizing that he wasn't as warm as he was when he had gone to sleep. He looked about to see that his parents were missing. Tears swelling, he forced himself to proceed outwards, hoping to find someone with an explanation.

He eventually came within view of a large grouping of pokemon, including a Munchlax. Distrusting, he stood and watched, knowing that he was well within earshot of them. He wasn't sure of them, and he had been searching for others for quite some time now.

Torei turns her head when she heard a pokemon yell out to her for the near distance, seeing a gray blob that could only be Silver. She cups her hand next to her mouth and yells back down to him.

"Silver! Do you need any help getting out of the mud?"

Torei giggles softly, turning her attention to yet another arrival, this time they introduced themselves as Cirrus.

"Hello Cirrus"

Back
Top Bottom