• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

oh yeah I keep forgetting to ask this

hey @Panini can you tell me more about the thing where you were like "Keldeo isn't asking questions to the point of excess so I don't think he's mafia right now"? because like a) people have been suspecting Keldeo right now for how many questions he asks, and b) Keldeo asks five gazillion questions as town and is constantly wrongly suspected for it so I don't even get where this would come from. it was also extremely throwaway for someone that I would expect you to be much more careful trying to read especially given the last invitational
Keldeo is also suspicious...
I might be being very naïve, but I no longer subscribe to the idea that Keldeo is mafia. I see his constant questioning as trying to be helpful and pushing the conversation forward – the only thing that I think I could see as suspicious is that, while he presses people up and down for their thoughts, he doesn’t actually give many thoughts of his own… Still, he ain’t in my sus list for now

aside from the fact that you're literally quoting me saying that we'll never be able to tell, the point was that you and Panini both responded to being suspected with a sudden surge of activity that then died down. I'm comparing you to yourself earlier in the game, not to some other standard
also I think it applies a lot more to Panini... maybe I'd vote her again. I kept forgetting to ask her about Keldeo but now that I've written it out it's bothering me a lot

how do you expect keldeo would be asking if he were scum?
Is that a question for me? If so I wouldn't be looking at the questions, I would be looking for the Very Deep Thoughts that I've talked about a couple times now

and tbqh, I would be checking if his behaviour actually lines up with someone who has no idea what the fuck is going on

ok i had a full ass dream about this game

still unable to play seriously for a few hours (sorry) but i skimmed, why are we votetraining right now lol

might be able to make a post in a bit tho. and will then reappear after class

also I think it applies a lot more to Panini... maybe I'd vote her again. I kept forgetting to ask her about Keldeo but now that I've written it out it's bothering me a lot
honestly I don't really want to get into my personal circumstances right now and I think it would be detrimental for me to go back into making excuses for my time, so I'm just going to tell you instead that the slot I have for interacting with the thread is a couple hours before bed and last night I chose not to do that. Sorry.

Also honestly I wasn't expecting this to be nearly as mash like as it is so, there's that

Frankly I was hoping the extra effort I put into writing a wall would give you a good idea of where my head is at and that that would be equivalent to reflecting what I would normally say in pieced out thoughts throughout the day just in like, one chunk. Also I don't think think it's fair to pick this reasoning out about me and M&F as though it means we're sweating from your pressure when it seems like thread was kind of quiet yesterday and this is a read you could make just as easily about like Stryke/Mist/Serimachi off the top of my head

gonna stop complaining about the pagecount cuz you all know what you did.

i'm suspicious of emmy but that just be because there was kind of a random defense of keldeo for no reason there. might be a mafia duo idk

And I'm probably just going to dig myself further into a hole by posting since people are already suspicious of me :x
I kinda wanna say this line alone makes Mawile likely town?

@Mawile how experienced of a mafia player are you? (mafia the game, not the alignment)

Also I don't think think it's fair to pick this reasoning out about me and M&F as though it means we're sweating from your pressure when it seems like thread was kind of quiet yesterday and this is a read you could make just as easily about like Stryke/Mist/Serimachi off the top of my head

at some point seemingly most of the active posters had you two in their scum leans and when you showed up and made a few big posts that all disappeared so yeah it looks pretty :unsure: :unsure: to me

I already said that there's zero way to tell if someone stops posting because they have irl or just don't feel like playing or if they just feel like the heat is off them now but I can't just ignore everything that raises my eyebrows because of that

oh yeah I keep forgetting to ask this

hey @Panini can you tell me more about the thing where you were like "Keldeo isn't asking questions to the point of excess so I don't think he's mafia right now"? because like a) people have been suspecting Keldeo right now for how many questions he asks, and b) Keldeo asks five gazillion questions as town and is constantly wrongly suspected for it so I don't even get where this would come from. it was also extremely throwaway for someone that I would expect you to be much more careful trying to read especially given the last invitational

Maybe I need to take a closer look to re-evaluate how much he fits what I have thought up as his town mould vs his scum mould but
I think Keldeo tends to make a lot of questions as either alignment - what I was more getting at is that those are more performative when he's scum and he cares about the answers considerably less. It's like filler that looks investigative but ultimately doesn't reveal a lot where as I think if the things he's asking about he seems to be more genuinely motivated to know that's a better look for him?
It's hard to verbalise and it's going to sound kind of dumb to put it this way but I got what you mean by "RPing Newcomb" lol and I think there's a grain of truth to that.

Also Keldeo handing my ass to me last invitational doesn't really make me more likely to catch him this early so I'm not going to deny I don't feel that committal about it and probably won't until we have some flips and interactions to look at. Until then I'm just making my best stab at vibes and holding him at arms length until we get to that point - that's the whole reason the paranoia section is the paranoia section

@Mawile how experienced of a mafia player are you? (mafia the game, not the alignment)
I can't find all the games I participated in on TCoD, but it probably wasn't a whole lot and they were all pre-2015. If anything, I have more experience running games than I do actually playing. If I remember correctly, in at least a few of the games I played back then, I would usually say something that wasn't thought out well and then would get lynched for it. So I guess the pattern might end up continuing, haha.

Maybe I need to take a closer look to re-evaluate how much he fits what I have thought up as his town mould vs his scum mould but
I think Keldeo tends to make a lot of questions as either alignment - what I was more getting at is that those are more performative when he's scum and he cares about the answers considerably less. It's like filler that looks investigative but ultimately doesn't reveal a lot where as I think if the things he's asking about he seems to be more genuinely motivated to know that's a better look for him?
It's hard to verbalise and it's going to sound kind of dumb to put it this way but I got what you mean by "RPing Newcomb" lol and I think there's a grain of truth to that.

Also Keldeo handing my ass to me last invitational doesn't really make me more likely to catch him this early so I'm not going to deny I don't feel that committal about it and probably won't until we have some flips and interactions to look at. Until then I'm just making my best stab at vibes and holding him at arms length until we get to that point - that's the whole reason the paranoia section is the paranoia section

hmm, okay. are there like particular posts you can point to that you think we're genuinely motivated in this game? or something you can think of off the top of your head?

a lot of people are suspecting him right now, do you have any thoughts on that?

A vote count, just to keep it straight:

Keldeo votes Ottercopter (#1488)
Keldeo unvotes (#1550)
Eifie votes Panini (#1577)
Keldeo votes Panini (#1882)
Mist1422 votes Panini (#1940)
Herbe votes serimachi (#2001)
Eifie unvotes (#2101)
Keldeo unvotes (#2131)
Herbe unvotes (#2155)
Eifie votes Mawile (#2177)
Herbe votes serimachi (#2179)
M&F votes Keldeo (#2210)
rari_teh votes Mawile (#2215)
IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#2216)

Eifie votes Mawile (#2177)
Herbe votes serimachi (#2179)
IndigoEmmy votes Mawile (#2216)
M&F votes Keldeo (#2210)
Mist1422 votes Panini (#1940)
rari_teh votes Mawile (#2215)

Vote counts:
Mawile (3) (Eifie, IndigoEmmy, rari_teh)
serimachi (1) (Herbe)
Keldeo (1) (M&F)
Panini (1) (Mist1422)
No vote (19) (Mawile, Flora, kyeugh, JackPK, Panini, Ottercopter, I liek Squirtles, Stryke, serimachi, Negrek, RedneckPhoenix, Vipera Magnifica, Mr. Ultracool, Odie_Pie, Seshas, kokorico, Keldeo, mewtini, Boquise)

Back
Top Bottom