• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I think the worlds I'm tentatively considering are "Mist is outgroup mafia," "Mist is 3p non-scum," and "Mist is town with a role that directly interacts with 3p somehow"
I should add it is so early, and we have so little info, that I do not feel comfortable guessing whether any of these worlds is more or less likely than the others

Another possible world, I guess, is "Mist is ingroup mafia and trying to throw us off the trail by making us think they're outgroup mafia" but like, why. That seems like recklessly bad play (sorry Mist, if it's what you're actually doing, I do not mean to insult you) so I'm not subscribed to this world among my tentative worlds at this time

(also *bangs head* why am I still allowing myself to dive way too deep into mech!speculation at this time. bad reflexes. bad!)

all of the previous said though, I'm just now noticing mist's joke prior to their actual claim -- because let me tell you, speedreading memes is a survival skill around here lately- -- so now I have to go think on what that might have meant, if anything. hmmm

I think the worlds I'm tentatively considering are "Mist is outgroup mafia," "Mist is 3p non-scum," and "Mist is town with a role that directly interacts with 3p somehow"

For now, at least, I don't think I believe that there are TVT-style Vanilla Townies with word-of-god information snippets, at least until/unless more of them come to offer info

🗡🗡🗡

For now, at least, I don't think I believe that there are TVT-style Vanilla Townies with word-of-god information snippets, at least until/unless more of them come to offer info

🗡🗡🗡
I don't know what this means

I revise my statement from "anyone rolespeccing Mist as VT/PR gets hammered" to "anyone rolespeccing Mist as VT/PR gets stabbed"
We don't want to help mafia clear up if they're VT or PR and we can do that by 1. giving our insights and 2. eliciting a reaction out of them w/r/t the ongoing discussion
so I'm opposed to talking about it as a whole

With 18 players I think we're looking at 4 wolves and some assorted outgroups/3rd parties (unless VM usually has a different ratio)
just to deny all outrageous derpclears w/r/t that

I revise my statement from "anyone rolespeccing Mist as VT/PR gets hammered" to "anyone rolespeccing Mist as VT/PR gets stabbed"
We don't want to help mafia clear up if they're VT or PR and we can do that by 1. giving our insights and 2. eliciting a reaction out of them w/r/t the ongoing discussion
i can vibe with this tbh? we can always come back to the discussion later when more information is around

idk tho im always thrown off by how quickly discussion starts on D1 so im just kinda trying to figure out which way is up lol

hmmm, the initial joke being specifically about third parties muddles the whole intent to signal... although it was also quite a bit of oversharing that would be supremely counterproductive at face value

I do now remember one town role for which having the information mist claimed isn't as preposterous as I was initially thinking there, though, and in fact feels pretty VMish; the question then becomes whether I want to open my mouth too wide on that and potentially expose a power role tho (not that our meta around here normally has an abundance of non-power roles, but)

...while I agree on principle, I don't think anyone's actually been speculating about that? It's more about whether or not they're likely to be 3p

I can get onboard with that, that's a good point I hadn't thought of

hmmm, the initial joke being specifically about third parties muddles the whole intent to signal... although it was also quite a bit of oversharing that would be supremely counterproductive at face value

I do now remember one town role for which having the information mist claimed isn't as preposterous as I was initially thinking there, though, and in fact feels pretty VMish; the question then becomes whether I want to open my mouth too wide on that and potentially expose a power role tho (not that our meta around here normally has an abundance of non-power roles, but)
1. I was trying to type the number "1" and then it took me to the TCoD home page???
2. Yeah, I agree with that
3. Don't 🗡

im just kinda trying to figure out which way is up lol
up is the direction the page/your cursor moves when you click the key below the right-shift tbh
which one
please clean your keyboard before it gets too bad! I say this as someone who once had to clean out a nest of spider eggs from inside a laptop, and believe me, this is not an experience that will enrich your life,

Back
Top Bottom