• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

for what it's worth I too could and did use my action on N0

god please zori don't let there already have been an activated alien this early in this game
the signup thread explicitly said no aliens and that exactly one faction would win (+/- third parties if any existed)

Wow, I love trying to make an honest attempt at playing the game and have it called "stop trying to solve."

I'm gonna put a vote on Herbe just to see what happens. Sorry, you're going to die for the sake of info.

</salt>

nyeh. it's 4am and I need to go pass out. gonna drop an abstain here I guess. please do not run a train on me while I'm out, I'll try to make it to day end.

Vote Count

Herbe (2)
- RedeckPhoenix, haneko
Zero Moment (1) - JackPK
M&F (1) - Herbe
abstain (1) - Zero Moment

~4 hours left in day

if i vote for abstain does it randomize between me and abstain or does a Person Vote take precedent in that scenario

mleh. i’m gonna go to a chilifest i might be back before eod

Wow, I love trying to make an honest attempt at playing the game and have it called "stop trying to solve."
oh god no I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't solve! I was making a joke that that's what Eifie would say since she has (memetically recently) infamously been against speculation about how games are set up. I'm personally all for solving, I just was commenting that I wasn't sure that was a particular avenue that would be fruitful for solving. I'm sorry my joke was clumsy and hurt your feelings!

hey @JackPK did you not factor my elaborated read on ZM into your read on me at all? if we had the same thought reading the same posts i feel like that'd be something you'd note in your read on me somewhere
"has the same read as me" is the kind of thing that I personally don't really think factors into townread/scumread imo? since at least in theory, scum who are trying to fake being town should be volunteering plausible reads to blend in

see also: I also have M&F at neither townread nor scumread even though I've repeatedly commented I'm pocketed by her longposts

bleh

i'm sketched out by zm claim and think his posts have not been that good but it seems mechanically plausible enough that i don't want to kill

killing herbe for info feels kinda weh when they feel socially towny imo

haneko's frustration at jack feels kinda towny too

abstain rn to save my skin a little bit but i’m still out on my chili day adventure

why am i bad at mafia now i hate it here
mood tbh

like i mentioned at the end of the last game i played in (contest pokémafia), i am kind of tired of trying to divine things from tone, but... it's kind of hard to do anything else either on D1 when there's next to no mech, eh

ok, well... I said I didn't think the world where Herbe is a wolf didn't seem to make sense, and nothing else has come to light since then, so if there are really not going to be any other viable wagons I'm going to vote abstain too

it rankles because it does reduce town KP, but it's better than the alternative... hopefully something else comes up in the next *checks clock* 29 minutes

Night 1

artworks-8zesmGWG6eGK9z7b-GePsSg-t500x500.jpg

Fennekin walked back to the town feeling antsy. They figured that all of their classmates probably felt the same, since they walked home in a group. The sounds of footsteps filled the dusky sky.

The town square was cleared out by the time they got there. For a while, they all sat by the lake, watching the moon.

Tomorrow, they would probably find Budew and everything would go back to normal, right?
Slowly, the students dispersed until only they and Riolu remained, mesmerised by the splashing of the waves, the sounds of their breathing, and the sparkling stars above...

Nobody has died.

Night 1 begins, and will last 48 hours (minus 5 minutes).
Day 1 will begin Monday, 19:00 UTC.

Day 2

db7wzs0-a1ca5aa3-6598-45ad-bb7d-075248405f3d.png

Another nightmare.
Fennekin sat up with a jolt and stood up blankly. They thoughtlessly walked out the door and over the bridge. The stars shined brightly above as the cold night air whipped through the town.

In the town square there lay a paper. They picked it up and began to read from it.

"Begin with 0."

(That seems easy enough...)

"Add 1 if there is a Light-aligned role that passively receives information each night in the form of poetry."

The wind's swirling felt stronger than before. The stars' glow felt somehow eerie...

"Add 2 if there is a Light-aligned role with a night action that announces itself to its target and blocks killing actions performed by its target."

They looked up at the sky, a whirlwind of leaves surrounding them, opening the night sky. That light... it felt like it pierced their soul. They stood, transfixed by it.

"Add 4 if there is a role that could reasonably be described as a poisoner. What is the result?"

Fennekin felt a tap on their shoulder.

"Remember... you're never alone..."

Novae was found petrified. They were Fennekin.

Shelmet's rolecard was tampered with.

Day 2 begins, and will last 45 hours and 45 minutes unless a 24 hour extension is voted on.
Night 2 will likely begin Wednesday, 19:00 UTC.

okay, so, my apologies for completely vanishing ultimately last Day; turns out that the vaccine side effect situation was... actually going to get worse before it could get better, to say the least.

anyway, I've only been back up and at 'em since roughly today afternoon, so, it's still going to take me a while to be useful vis-a-vis continuing topics from the previous Day. assuming there are any of interest remaining anyway, I'm not even done reading the EoD

still, I see no sense in holding this much back, so, one express morsel: I'm a little puzzled as to how my night actions may or may not relate to that alert we're getting about the Shelmet rolecard here. pondering if it'd be worthwhile to roleclaim in order to see if there's any solving the confusion with that. I can't say I feel like I'm on the verge of unlocking something exceptionally helpful vis-a-vis scumhunting, in any case, and I don't want to have to chase Eifie's ghost from my basement with a broom again.

uhhh. okay. no notice of what Novae's alignment was, but I'd think it was Light? And the numbers in the flavor count up to 7, which is the number of players that're left. No idea if this is a misdirect or not.

Back
Top Bottom