• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

War & Thunder
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, Trace is an amazing ability, and so much fun to play with! Switching into the odd Electivire T-Bolt/Wild Charge, nabbing the speed boost, and then revenging is so satisfying. Also Heatran and Flash Fire... Now I want to give it a try, too, since it's gone back down to UU. Unless you throw it into the Close Combat of a powerful fighting-type, that thing just won't die.
    I like Dusclops better than Dusknoir, design-wise. Porygon2 got a major boost too though. Lugia-like defenses with Trace to act as situational counters, instant recovery, BoltBeam? Yes please.
    Some quick calculations show that Scarfed Hera requires, uh, 5~6 hits to KO with Megahorn, accounting for lefties. On the flipside, Weezing 3HKOs Hera with Flamethrower and 2HKOs with Fire Blast. This is assuming max attack on Hera and max hp/def on Weezing.

They could set up on Weezing, yeah, but imo Weezing is one of the more difficult walls to set up on. Haze, Wow, what have you, though its damage output isn't that impressive.

Even so Hera messed things up badly; like Excadrill, there were few good counters. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Gligar.
    I like to think I'm okay at playing balance, but then it turns out I have a glaring weakness to one Pokemon that just so happens to be fairly common... For example, my Gen 5 RU team has a glaring weakness to Herbivore Curse Miltank, hurr.

Weezing often carry Flamethrower, so it could do that, at least. Unfortunately I don't make many new teams, so when Hera came in I just watched my team get torn to pieces, and then quit until Hera was re-banned. :P
    Back in Gen 4, I played stall; now, I try to play balance, though it doesn't always work out well xD;

Yeah, definitely. Good switch-ins for Hera in UU were pretty few and far between. Myself, I tended to use Tangrowth for a physical wall, so that didn't work well with me... 8D;
    That's good :D I like slow-paced metagames. I simply can't play offense/hyperoffense.

I actually started playing Gen 4 UU near the end, when Froslass and Raikou and Staraptor and co. were in BL. It was fun until Heracross moved back down...
    Ooo, GSC. Crystal was my favourite game, so I've been wanting to get into the second-gen metagame, though on PO it doesn't seem like many people play it. ):
    I miss 4th gen UU though. That was probably the time I competitively battled the most. You can't really use RestTalk Shuffling Arcanine in today's metagame xD;

Looking forward to it~
    lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk
    I'm pretty much avoiding the OU metagame like the plague, what with all the weather abuse going on. I tend to play UU and RU, though UU is starting to turn towards sand, as well.

Unfortunately JT (I think that was his username? That guy who reviewed a lot of teams?) seems to have left TCoD, so that's one less "veteran", so to say. Either way, I'll probably critique your teams if you do post them. Maybe I should post some of my own, too~
    Yeah, there are barely any new RMTs and those that do pop up are in-game teams half the time. ): The wifi league is pretty much dead too.
    Depends on what you define as "quite a bit" since the competitive section here is kinda dead. :P

Anyway, I don't believe so...? As I said, we're not very into competitive battling here so I don't think we'd have our own server.
    (22:06:01) Soi Soi Soi Soi Soi: I wish pc had an ASB section
    (22:06:22) Soi Soi Soi Soi Soi: it could probably be popular

yeah that'd be cool. i've had that idea before but we'd need to a) be different and b) have some really good people running it which means we'd need more practice!!
    No, it doesn't have its own server; the league currently focuses more on wi-fi battling than sim battling, but when we do hold the occasional sim battle/tourney we generally use official servers (which was Smogon's back before PO).
    IIRC you can be signed up for up to three battles at one time, so you could easily have a match with sir Torronto while we match as well. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom