• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Negrek vs RK-9 (Ref: Meowth)

stupid Zap Cannon. Also also also after it's over use Coil. If we end up in a tight spot we wont go down without a goddamn fight

Zap Cannon~Coil x2

Last edited:
Round Four

Team Negrek (O)

cinccino
[Ida] (F)
<Cute Charm>
Health: 78%
Energy: 52%
Condition: +1 Attack, +1 Sp. Attack, has three clones.

Team RK-9 (O)

eelektross
[Eelektross] (M)
<Levitate>
Health: 58%
Energy: 43%
Condition: Encored (2 more actions).

Round 4 Begin!

Still surrounded by her posse of encoring clones, Ida begins getting herself worked up over the fight. She begins practicing the motions of her attacks and dodging pretend strikes, all the while chanting a battle mantra to herself:"Kill the giant eel. Kill the giant eel. Kill the giant eel." As she continues, her clones keep adoring over the Eelektross's wonderful work with charged cannonballs of electricity. Not wanting to dissapoint his fans, Eelektross fires another highly charged, unstable ball of electricity at what he believes is the real Ida. Unfrtunately, he's wrong. Ida, still training, snickers as she sees the utter frustration on the Eelektross's face.

Finally finished, Ida channels all of the positive thoughts to her mind as if she's conjuring a Patronus. Memories of battling, the way she's treated back at the league, how nice her new trainer is to her, and especially the way the battle is going all come rushing to her. She then attacks the Eelektross at full force, turning her positive energy into deadly force. Eelektross staggers backwards a bit. Ida's happy energy and training combined is a powerful force to be reckoned with. Recovering slightly, Eelektross gazes over to his fans. There's only a couple left. "Okay.", He says to them, "This is the last one. Sorry, but I have to try and win, y'know?" He charges up a final Zap Cannon, hoping thatthe slim chance he has to turn the tide of this battle will finally arrive. Sadly for him, it doesn't. The unstable electric projectle slams into and dissolves yet another one of his fans.

Ida, glad her attack was as succesful as it was, decides to go into the one place that electric types fear worldwide: the ground. Ida tears up the cobblestone near her and digs into the ground, making a tunnel. She wasn't instructed to come up, so she waits patiently underground for her next commands. Eelektross, finally ready to do some real damage, sees that only one Ida remains above ground. Not knowing if it's the real or the illusory one, he decides not to risk it; instead, he coils up his serpentine body and relaxes, clearing his mind and strengthening himself for when she does show he true face. The round over, Eelektross and Ida both wait patiently fr their commands, knowing that next round will be the last.

Round 4 End!

Team Negrek (O)

cinccino
[Ida] (F)
<Cute Charm>
Energy: 41%
Status: Underground, waiting for her last oppurtunity to win.
Condition: +2 Attack, +2 Sp. Attack. Has one clone.

Team RK-9 (O)

eelektross
[Eelektross] (M)
<Levitate>
Health: 42%
Energy: 26%
Status: Trying to stay calm despite his exhaustion and pain.
Condition: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Acc.​

Arena Notes:
There is a Cinccino-sized hole near Negrek's side of the field.

Ref's Notes:
-Eelektross was Encored 2 more actions, not one, so he used Zap Cannon instead of Coil on the second action.
-Return was 90 BP due to Ida's mood.
-Obligatory Harry Potter refference due to The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2.
-Last round is next. Make your moves count.

Next Round:
-KR-9 attacks.
-Negrek attacks.
-Someone refs.

Last edited:
Let's do this. Let's make it happen. Make it count.

Follow Ida down her silly tunnel and go for a close range Zap Cannon. If she tries to counter-attack you in some way, scrap that idea and Coil. Then you can use Discharge twice unless you can't/are blocked/she protects, then use coil.

Follow and Zap Cannon/Coil~Discharge/Coil~Discharge/Coil

Awright, let's bring it home, Ida! Now, you're quite tiny, while Eelektross is rather large. I doubt he's going to be able to fit down your hole, and if he tries to fire a zap cannon down here I think it'll probably just hit a wall instead of you. All his trying to stuff his face in the ground should give us a nice opportunity to fire a swift up and right into his kisser, though.

After that, either a couple of discharges or a couple of coils... I don't know which he'll decide to use for sure, so I guess we'll try and wait him out, then dig back to the surface on the second action. On the last action he'll probably hit us with a discharge, but it's all right. Let's go out with a bang! Hyper beam!

Swift ~ Dig (up) ~ Hyper Beam

Round Five

Team Negrek (O)

cinccino
[Ida] (F)
<Cute Charm>
Energy: 41%
Status: Underground, waiting for her last oppurtunity to win.
Condition: +2 Attack, +2 Sp. Attack. Has one clone.

Team RK-9 (O)

eelektross
[Eelektross] (M)
<Levitate>
Health: 42%
Energy: 26%
Status: Trying to stay calm despite his exhaustion and pain.
Condition: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Acc.​

Arena Notes:
There is a Cinccino-sized hole near Negrek's side of the field.

Round Five Begin!

A few tense moments pass, and then the refferee signals for the final round of the battle to begin. Eelektross runs towards the hole Ida had made, wondering why she was delaying her attack. Eelektross attmepts to fit down the hole, but find he can barely go farther than a foot down the tunnel. He hears the Cinccino breathing, waiting for the moment to strike. Eelektross was asked to fire a Zap Cannon down the hole, but knoweven he realizes it is near impossible to work. A Zap Cannon would fit down the hole, but it would evaporate the second it touched the walls. While pondering what to do, Ida hears that Eelektross is staring down the hole, and fires off a swift. After a few minutes, a flurry of star-shaped projectiles made of pure energy fly up from the depths of the tunnel and repeatedly hit him in the face. hard. Enraged, Eelektross stops planning, and fires a Zap Cannon straight down the hole in a somewhat pointless attempt to get back at Ida. Surprisingly, he hears a yelp and a fizzle as the move miraculously hits its mark.

Hurt and tired, Eelektross decides to exit the tunnel to coil up and rest, hopefully to clear his mind. After a few minutes, a large noise is heard as Ida burst out from the ground, obviously in pain, but looking absolutely furious. She stares down Eelektross. The glare scares the giant eel into rethinking about attacking her. Ida simply shows him an evil glare and prepares to win the match.

Eelektross, not wanting to have come this far to lose, charges up the last of his electrical energy and puts it into one final attack. He then relesases it in one large explosive discharge of energy. The waves of electricity race throughout the field, vaporizing Ida's last clone and hitting Ida with another powerful surge of energy. Ida falls to the ground, seemingly knocked out. To Eelektross' horror, she stands up, smiling evily.

<Is that all you've got? Pity. I was looking forward to a more difficult challenge. I at least expected it to last longer. But, all things must come to an end, as this match will. Now.>

Ida puts her hands in front of her, fighting her paralyzed muscles and surprisingly finding that they work. She begins to charge up an enormous amount of normal energy. It starts the size of a pea, but the orange-white ball of energy continually grows. When it reaches a decent size, Ida flashes one last smile and fires off an enormous beam of energy. Eelektross is slammed backwards from the sheer force of the beam, and the continually battering of particles against his skin is extremely painful, like being punched hundreds of thousands of times at the speed of light. The torrent of energy finally stops, and Eelektross lies on the ground for a few minutes. He slowly stands up, but he is extremely hurt, and can barely stand. Ida smiles a triumphant, yet tired, smile. The ref then walks into the arena and waves his flags, signifying the round's - and the battle's - end.

Round Five End!

Team Negrek (O)

cinccino
[Ida] (F)
<Cute Charm>
Health: 51%
Energy: 20%
Condition: +2 Attack, +2 Sp. Attack. Paralyzed (Severe)

Team RK-9 (O)

eelektross
[Eelektross] (M)
<Levitate>
Health: 7%
Energy: 10%
Condition: +2 Atk, +2 Def, +2 Acc.​

Arena Notes:
There is a tunnel consisting of two Cinccino-sized holes leading from Negrek's side of the field to RK-9's

-------------

As the battle ends, The ref asks the trainers to return their pokemon. Placing them on a scale, he recieves the score for the match.

"Competitor RK-9 ended the match with an overall score of 17!"

The crowd cheers some, and then the ref reads the winner's score.

"Competitor Negrek ended the match with an overall score of 71!"

The crowd roars. Negrek faces the crowd and waves, beaming.

"Trainers! You have both fought valiantly with unfamiliar Pokemon, and represented the pride of the Unova! You also showed your impressive skill as Pokemon trainers! On behalf of the Unovan League, we thank you for coming and competing today. Negrek will get to advance to the second round. RK-9, you were a bold competitor, and it is sad that victory could not come to you today. Your efforts will still be rewarded, though. Now, to both competitors, and all the people watching in the stands, we ask that you enjoy the rest of the 2011 Pokemon League Championships!"

The ref walks to each trainer, distributes their prizes, and wishes them a good day.

Ref's Notes:
-Sorry this is so late. I had to deal with a ton of personal crap, and I avoided the forum for a bit because of it. Again, apologies.
-Okay. Eelektross was able to attack in the small hole, but it cost him extra energy to make it big enough for him to fit.
-As far as Zap Cannon goes- With its erratic nature, it's sort of like ball lightning. It had a chance to hit, but not a very good one. Eelektross also had a +1 Accuracy boost. Overall, I gave it a 10% chance to hit. Random.org rolled a 92. So, it hit.
-Luckily enough for Negrek, Ida did not become fully paralyzed at all for the two rounds she was paralyzed.
-Digging up out of the ground cost Ida extra energy due to Paralysis.
-Swift and Hyper Beam did extra damage because of Ida's Sp. Atk Boost.
-Great match guys, I enjoyed reffing the last two rounds.

Prizes!:
Negrek, the victor, recieves $10. RK-9, the runner-up, recieves $5. As far as the refferee, I'm not sure. I believe Meowth recieves $15, and I recieve however much I would recieve for two e-refs. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, Negrek.

Okay! Thanks for a good match, RK-9. Meowth did a great job on the earlier rounds, and you were awesome for closing it out, RespectTheBlade. Now, let's get this second round happening!

(Only one little thing: Ida's last clone should have been destroyed when the first zap cannon hit her. It didn't matter since the last one struck the right pokémon anyway, but for future reference. You also get $15 for closing the match.)

BLUH BLUH HUGE CINCCINO

AT LEAST I GET FIVE DALLAS

Good game!

Back
Top Bottom