• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

£120 and nothing to spend it on.

Grim should get a-

• DS

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Few more sockets

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New PC

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
£120 and nothing to spend it on.

I have finally earned £120! Plus my Christmas/Birthday money will be an estimate of about £40-£60 which gives me £200 by the end of the year!

I need something to spend it on.

I can either:

• Get a DS Lite and get Diamond/Pearl, Platinum plus FireRed and Ruby/Emerald when my birthday/Christmas money comes in (£150~)
  • Buy some wires and sockets to improve my room since it only has 1 power source (£15~)
  • Wait until about February-ish and buy a PS3 and Rock Band 2 (£360~)
  • Earn some more and get a decent PC and get The Sims 3 on it (£350~)

Re: £120 and nothing to spend it on.

Assuming you don't already have an old-school-style DS, I'd say go for the Lite. I remember you saying somewhere you play ROMs, but playing them on an actual handheld is not only more fun, but you can take it on the train/bus/doctor's waiting room/whatever. They're only about £85 preowned now; imagine how cheap they'll be after Christmas when everyone's selling the crap they don't want.

Get those sockets, too, though :)

...I thought you were saving up for a PS3 in the first place, though?

Assuming you don't already have an old-school-style DS, I'd say go for the Lite. I remember you saying somewhere you play ROMs, but playing them on an actual handheld is not only more fun, but you can take it on the train/bus/doctor's waiting room/whatever. They're only about £85 preowned now; imagine how cheap they'll be after Christmas when everyone's selling the crap they don't want.

Get those sockets, too, though :)

...I thought you were saving up for a PS3 in the first place, though?
I saw a brand-new DS and Diamond for £133 and it kept teasing me.

Nice choice. Try and get PMD2 or one of the PW games. Nice choice my friend. PS3 in my opinion is overrated its the games that are good.

I voted for the DS, because its the cheapest on your list (besides the electric equipment). There's a few good games for it, and I recommend Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (good luck finding it) and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

^^ Good for you!

^^ I has $297 myself, not including four olympic loonies. I'm saving $160, setting aside $70 for Platinum, and then getting supplies to make gifts with

Hooray for DS :3

Make sure you try out the Ace Attorney series, The World Ends With You, and any other epic DS games I've forgotten all about but should really recommend to you~

Back
Top Bottom