• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open A new beginning:A Death Note RP*spoilers up to the end of ep 37*

Daniel is just sitting in the corner of his room...eating chocolate covered strawberries. :L.

((What am i supposed to be doing exactly? i dont know.))

For a long time now, he was still. Light Yagami's body lay on the hard floor, abandoned. His formal outfit was wrinkled, covered in dust, and dirtied with drops of blood. He lay sprawled on the floor. Someone had taken care to close his eyes and mouth, obviously someone who did not want to see the grotesque fear and hatred that darkened his face at the moment of his death. The process of decay had not yet touched his pale flesh. As of the moment, he looked as though he were merely unconscious.

As if waking up from a deep sleep, the young man breathed slowly and deeply. He slowly pulled himself into a sitting position. He groped the floor blindly, searching the ground desperately with his fingers. Not finding what he was looking floor, he stopped suddenly, breathing in the cool night air. Finally, he opened his eyes.

I'm alive. I haven't died yet. His first thought after being reborn. At first, his mind was stunned, unable to comprehend. The images just before his moment of death flickered in his mind's eye, like a fast-forwarded movie. He remembered it all, the moment he saw Near, the astonished faces, the screaming, the sound of bullets, the moment Ryuk cackled, the harsh scratching sound of a pen on paper... and the terrifying darkness that followed.

"I'm alive. I'm still winning the game. I'm alive," he spoke softly to himself. He felt a wild urge to laugh and shout loudly at the world. He, Light Yagami, had just escaped from death. And now he could continue his plans for purifying the world. However, there was still one problem left to resolve.

"Ryuk? Are you there? Can you hear me?" called Light softly. Hearing no response, Light got up from the floor, brushing the dust off his jacket. The faint moonlight from outside seemed to beckon to him; he followed the faint rays of light out of the building.

A familiar object lay on the ground. The thin pages fluttered in the night wind. He could still read the familiar scrawl of names and causes of death in the pages of the notebook, as he stepped closer. Gingerly, Light bent down and picked up the notebook. Something small fell out of the pages, hitting the ground with a small thud. Flipping through the pages of the notebook, the young man smiled faintly to himself as he ran his finger over the faint pencil marks in the book that had once been his name. What good luck I have... he thought to himself, as he pocketed the eraser.

Last edited:
Shadow had just so happened to be on the roof of where Light was, however, she didn't know this until she heard his voice, which she heard because the surrounding area was dead silent. "Light...?" she wispered to herself.

Ryuk dropped his Death Note back into the human world along with the eraser. I hope somebody like Light gets the notebook again. Things were so interesting then...

He decided to fly down toward the spot where the notebook had been dropped. After a slight gasp, he grinned and laughed. "How convenient! Light is one lucky punk! I knew that this was a possible outcome, but I didn't expect it to happen!" He was overjoyed at the thought of being around Light again.

"Hey, Light."

"Ryuk. Nice to see you again," replied Light nonchalantly.

Damn, I don't know if I should trust him anymore. He's killed me once already, does it mean he'll try to kill my again since my time should have come? I could always bribe him with apples and try to keep him entertained... but then he'd be holding me on a leash. Thoughts rushed through Light's head, but he carefully kept his expression impassive, except for a faint smile about his lips. However terrifying his demonic shinigami friend looked, it was still vaguely comforting to see a familiar comrade again. Unless I'm deeply mistaken about the number of Death Notes Ryuk had...

"So... I'll get to the point. Have you come back to kill me again? After all, my life should be over by now." Light laughed and raised his hands to the sky. "But Kira has been reborn. Are you going to cripple my mission yet again? Ha, but maybe you should take advantage of my rebirth you know. Like you said before... I'm a very interesting human- and you can get all the apples you want."

Ryuk's eyes widened at the thought of apples, and his tongue fell out of his mouth slightly. "Light, I'll kill you when the time is right. But somehow, destiny wanted you back alive, I had no hand in that. But, Light, don't bribe me... Okay, fine, bribe me, this is going to be fun!" Ryuk happily licked his lips.

"So, what's the plan, Light? Just like old times, huh?" He laughed heartily. "Oh, and just remember my offer about the eyes. You should take them. You didn't last time, look what happened..."

Light hesitated for a moment. Shinigami eyes... did they find Misa yet? She better have not done anything idiotic. If I lose her, I may have to find another victim to perform the trade. I could do it myself... but I don't know how much longer I have to live. I can't waste my life. He looked back to Ryuk.

"Sorry Ryuk, I still need to think about it now. But thank you for not killing me just now." One problem solved...

The night sky was hazy; Light could not make out anything resembling a star besides the occasional helicopter. However, in the distance, he could see the dimly glowing streetlights of the city he had passed by on his way to the warehouse before. I won't go back to Japan, that's where the old Kira was based. I suppose America won't be too bad, but I may have some difficulties fitting in... His hand slipped back into the pocket. The smooth cover of the Death Note felt comforting in his hand as it always did, a reminder of his power over the world.

"Let's go, Ryuk."

Sidoh paused for a few seconds...

Maybe I could find Ryuk in the shinigami realm... I might aswell try...

Sidoh stretched his ragged wings and ran foward jumping, then he left the ground. He started soaring in to the air, he circled up into the clouds. If he was visible to all humans it would've been like a gigantic bird- like creature darting through the air then in a flash, dissolving in to the sunlight.
When he got to the Shinigami realm he walked up the crumbled steps, welcomed by the sight of four shinigamis gambling and souls floating out of the portal. He stould at the top and walked to the gambling Shinigami.
"Hey Sidoh! Did you get your notebook back from Ryuk?" This was Zellogi speaking.
Zellogi looked a bit like a pirate beast or a chimera: He was tall, and white, his thighs and part of his arms were black, he had a hook on his left hand, and porcupine-like spikes sticking out of his shoulder. His head was cubed, he looked like he has no eyes but they are disguised on the side of his mouth. His head seemed to have feathers on it...
"Yes-" Sidoh said.
"Thats great!" That was Nu; shes a very intelligent Shinigami. She was like an alien, green blob with thousands of eyes.
"Where is it then?" She asked
"Ryuk stole it again." Sidoh rasped.
"Damn Ryuk! always stealing things!" Exclaimed Zellogi
The other 2 Shinigami seemed to of carried on gambling.
"Bullseye! Two skulls and three bones! I win again!" Was said in the background.
"You haven't of seen Ryuk have you?" Asked Sidoh.
"He's still with that human kid, isn't he?" Asked Nu
"No, Ryuk killed him."
"Nice move!" Zellogi said.
Sidoh and Nu glanced at him.
"Sorry, but if we see Ryuk we'll inform you... Somehow."
Sidoh nodded then walked up to the portal.
"Damn Ryuk! Still with the human kid!" Sidoh shouted after watching Ryuk and Light outside of the warehouse through the hologram like image.
Sidoh dived down through the portal and flew to the ground.
"Crap, I'm in america!"

((Caaz, you could find another Death note or something... Until we get a Gukku you could be possesed by Gukku I guess.))

Last edited:
Ryuk followed behind Light, gliding gently across the ground. "What now, Light? You have no money, no identity, and no allies. You're a nobody here, but I guess that's good, huh?" He licked his lips, eager for an apple. This is gonna be fun!

Sidoh flew across to South West Canada, making a mistake, crashing in to the snow. An adventurer, with a shot gun fired at the scattering snow then grunted. Sidoh flew off to Japan.

3 hours later Sidoh made it to the yellow box warehouse.
" Damn. Not here."
He glided to the next ware house and floated inside.

He's been here. Ryuk. He must of. Theres blood on the staircase. No corpes? Meh. I'm going to fing Ryuk. I swear.

Sidoh floated through the wall and outside.
"Maybe I should check the boys house."
Sidoh flew to Lights old house and through the door. He checked everywhere.
"Hmph. I can't find him within the next week I'll get a new notebook from the old man..."

Just to make sure she wasn't hearing things, Shadow jumped down from the roof of the wherehouse. She followed Light's voice. She Shreaked in surprise and joy.

Light cringed at the jarring noise in his ears behind him. Misa...? No wait, that can't be her, Misa would normally have called my name at the very least... He turned around apprehensively. A vaguely feminine, short figure stood a few meters away from him. Light squinted in the faint light. The girl looked vaguely familiar, and she seemed to be wearing an expression of simultaneous shock and joy. At least someone's happy to see me today... Light thought dryly, But who in the world is this person?

"Excuse me, are you from around here?" asked Light, practicing his English. The language felt awkward on his tongue, but, at the very least, he knew he had a decent vocabulary and perfectly understood the grammar. "I need to know where the train station, bus stop, or something similar is. Can you help me?"

"You... Don't remember me? Remember Middle School! Anyway, let me re-introduce myself. I'm Shadow." She didn't want to admit that she didn't have the slitest idea where anything was in this city. "Hey, I think I have something that might intrest you. Meet me here tomarrow at 11:00 PM."

Last edited:
((Sorry, I just got back from a mini family vacation. Btw- Light is in his early twenties, while Shadow is 18- its very unlikely for them to have met at all in middle school. o__O))

"I'm sorry, but I can't really wait until tomorrow, I'm rather in a hurry. Oh, and sorry for being so forgetful! Nice to see you after so long," greeted Light, nodding politely at Shadow. He vaguely remembered seeing the quiet girl in the hallways but not very clearly.

"Your English is very good, actually. Maybe you could help me find some public transportation, I got off at the wrong bus stop," he said with a theatrical sigh. Great, now I have to make an excuse for the blood stains... "I also had a bad nosebleed getting off- I haven't been drinking enough water, I suppose. If you don't know where the bus stop is, maybe you could find me a decent convenience store somewhere around here?" he asked hopefully.

(Naw, he's obviously 18 or 19. =3)

"I don't know where anything is anymore, I've been in america..."

((Can Kira kill someone please? Near has nothing to do...))
"Gevanni, would you please find Light Yagami's body." Near instructed over a microphone.

"Oh! I think ther's a bus stop nearby, but I got here on a bike, so I can't be sure, I always take my little short cuts."

Sidoh spotted two humans and a Shinigami.
"Heehaw, got another human kid then Ryuk?"
Sidoh darted towards them ,at extreme speed. The air around him started to crackle.
"Ah crap!" Sidoh tried to slow down, but it was to late.
The air around him exploded and Sidoh disappeared.
"Broke the time barrier... DAMN!" Sidoh screamed.

Back
Top Bottom