• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Anything Goes (Calvinball) Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light

Night Zero
So I was going through my Notes on my computer last week and came across this little guy from April of last year:

Anything Goes Mafia

Rules:

1. You do what I say.
  2. Everything not explicit in these rules is negotiable. Be creative.
  3. Power comes at a cost.

How this works is every night, you send me a proposal, and I send you the conditions for that proposal to take effect. You can then go through with or reject it. So for example, you send me the proposal, "I win immediately." I reply, "Proposal: lolPikachu151 wins the game. Condition: lolPikachu151 is then considered dead and everyone else continues playing."

I guess a more realistic (yet boring) example would be: "Tell me the alignment of players X, Y, Z."
"Proposal: You get inspection results for players X, Y, Z. Condition: Exactly one result will be wrong."

So this'll be set up like a regular mafia game (to start out with, at least). The Mafia:Town ratio will be the closest approximation of 1:3, so 25% scum. Mafia have the same powers as everyone else; no more, no less (aside from the ability to communicate outside of thread).

The night phase will be split up into two parts: the first where you guys send in your proposals, and the second where you guys accept or reject the terms. I'll plan on 36 hours each, but let me know if you guys think I should make it 24 or 48.

In balancing things I'll be looking at not only individual proposals, but all the proposals that have been sent in that night as well as the current state of the game. Remember, each player has an insane amount of control over what happens, but I've got way more. This game could probably turn out however I want, but I'll try to reward strategic, creative play.

Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
I'd say a reasonable amount. I'll do my best to work with your intent, but I'm going to make sure things are balanced even when they get crazy. I'm pretty much gonna let you do whatever you want, though, so long as it doesn't compromise a fun experience for everyone.

Is that insta win thing serious :p because it seems worth it to me :p (maybe with a delay, say by night three I win but everyone else keeps going)

Is that insta win thing serious :p because it seems worth it to me :p (maybe with a delay, say by night three I win but everyone else keeps going)

You can, if it would make it fun for you. I guess. By the end of this thing it might not even be about "winning", who knows?

Also worth noting is that there might or might not even be a "condition" for your action; that's just there as a way for me to make sure nothing stupid happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom