• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

giratina actually travels to the distortion world with stuff inside it by ripping a hole in reality for shadow force? ... I thought that meant it had to phase to do it. also, such a ruling has terrible, terrible implications.

incidentally, can ghosts phase through other ghosts?
Actually, you wouldn't be able to use shadow force while phased.

Yes, a ghost can phase through other ghosts.

What happens when circular commands are given for the first action, but the rest of the round is fine? Do the Pokemon do nothing the entire round, skip that action or something else?
That depends entirely on how the round is actually structured.

From Dragon Claw. Seems to be a typo.
Fixed.

Can you set up a second Future Sight if the target's already waiting to get hit by one? I know you can't in the games, presumably because programming an arbitrary number of Future Sight flags per target would be complicated, but I don't see any reason why not here.

Nope, a pokémon can only float one future sight at a time. If you're in a multi battle, one pokémon can have more than one future sight aimed at it at a time, but each attack must have come from a different user.

Would it work at all towards reducing the sleep counter?
The question was specifically about rest sleep; in that case, no. For regular sleep, yes.

Would arena damage prevent a Focus Punch from successfully being executed?
Depends on what form it takes. If it's "X pokémon in the arena may come out and attack your pokémon," that would stop it. If it's like "You take X damage from the acid rain," then no.

Usually I have arena damage happen between actions or rounds, though, in which case it wouldn't cause loss of focus either way.

Does Screech affect all other Pokemon in a free-for-all?

If it does, would it lower everyone's Defense by 1 instead of 2?

I recall Light Screen and Reflect being protective bubbles around the Pokemon. In that case, would Substitutes get the benefits of the screens?

Could I spread Screech out to lower two Pokemon's Defense by one instead of one's by two?

Building on that, could I spread out an attack in a double battle like Flamethrower (since it can be used to sweep through clones; not something ridiculous like Low Kick) for the usual multi-target BP drop of attacks like Blizzard or Rock Slide?

I recall Light Screen and Reflect being protective bubbles around the Pokemon. In that case, would Substitutes get the benefits of the screens?
Yes

Could I spread Screech out to lower two Pokemon's Defense by one instead of one's by two?

Building on that, could I spread out an attack in a double battle like Flamethrower (since it can be used to sweep through clones; not something ridiculous like Low Kick) for the usual multi-target BP drop of attacks like Blizzard or Rock Slide?
You can, but you can't spread them very far, and they will go down in power faster than something like blizzard or rock slide.

How far can a Pokémon move when using Faint Attack?

Would Stealth Rock/Ancientpower work in the tourney stadium?

Last edited:
Stealth rock I would have work, ancientpower probably not; stealth rock just takes bits of junk from around the arena, but there's not a substantial enough amount of detritus around to fuel an actual damaging attack.

To what extent can a Pokémon judge the enemy's current energy value?

Can Fake Out be used in a combo?

What would a Pokémon do if commanded to make such a judgement and use moves accordingly, then?

And for future reference, could that be made easier through being Psychic type or using a move that involves the enemy's mind?

Would it be feasible to combo Fake Out and Heat Wave as a fast sequence?

Back
Top Bottom