• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

the description says "If at least one other pokémon joins the round, the increase in volume serves to double the power of the attack for all users.", though. misleading.

Why does Hustle affect special attacks in ASB? And does it also lower the accuracy of non-damaging moves?

EDIT: Also does Solar Power's damage count as self-inflicted?

EDIT2: Also I should point out that while Bulbapedia has Role Play and Magic Coat's tutor lists straight on those moves' pages, it still has them swapped on Pokémon learnset pages (or at least Buneary's).

Last edited:
also, at only +20% BP (rounded down) for -20% accuracy, hustle is at best a net -4% to damage for accuracy-dependent attacks, and at worst -20%. that seems off.

for reference: in the games, mist applies only to moves used by other pokémon at allies with the primary effect of reducing stats.

things like icy wind are actually unaffected by mist.

Why does Hustle affect special attacks in ASB? And does it also lower the accuracy of non-damaging moves?

EDIT: Also does Solar Power's damage count as self-inflicted?

EDIT2: Also I should point out that while Bulbapedia has Role Play and Magic Coat's tutor lists straight on those moves' pages, it still has them swapped on Pokémon learnset pages (or at least Buneary's).
It shouldn't.

It does.

Ugh, Bulbapedia.

Does Mist prevent self-inflicted stat drops?
No.

If a Pokemon uses Encore on Sleep Talk, Mirror Move, Metronome, or other similar moves, will it Encore Sleep Talk/Mirror Move/etc., or will it Encore the move called?

Do the boosts and decreases from sun/rain to Fire- and Water-type moves get multiplied to attacks' base power or the final damage?

If a Pokemon uses Encore on Sleep Talk, Mirror Move, Metronome, or other similar moves, will it Encore Sleep Talk/Mirror Move/etc., or will it Encore the move called?
It will encore mirror move/metronome/whatever.

Do the boosts and decreases from sun/rain to Fire- and Water-type moves get multiplied to attacks' base power or the final damage?
Final damage (before things like critical hit bonuses and item bonuses).

I swear I saw this being asked somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again... Anyway, if a Pokemon is Encored, then will it be encored for three actions or three repetitions of the attack? And if a combo is encored, then will the Pokemon keep performing that combo, or just one of the moves in the combo?

I swear I saw this being asked somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again... Anyway, if a Pokemon is Encored, then will it be encored for three actions or three repetitions of the attack?
A similar such answer has been answered regarding Taunt; if Encore is assumed to work the same way (and it probably is to be), then it lasts for three repetitions of the encored attack.

A similar such answer has been answered regarding Taunt; if Encore is assumed to work the same way (and it probably is to be), then it lasts for three repetitions of the encored attack.

No, it lasts for three actions, barring sleep (Negrek ruling here).

Presumably, the encore would make the entire combo be repeated, but not sure.

for the purposes of encore's duration, would an inability to execute a combo due to restriction on actions in a round count as an attempt to execute?

I swear I saw this being asked somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again... Anyway, if a Pokemon is Encored, then will it be encored for three actions or three repetitions of the attack? And if a combo is encored, then will the Pokemon keep performing that combo, or just one of the moves in the combo?
Three attempts at performing the attack. If a combo is encored, the pokémon would attempt to repeat the full combo once more only.

for the purposes of encore's duration, would an inability to execute a combo due to restriction on actions in a round count as an attempt to execute?
Yes

Icy Wind said:
The user opens its mouth and exhales a weak gust of frigid air to attack the opponent with bitter cold. The user is slowed either by sluggishness in response to a sudden drop in metabolism or by a thin layer of frost that forms on its joints.
I assume that should read "The target is slowed"?

Back
Top Bottom