• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Please don't. I don't want anyone thinking they need to try and keep track of all that to know what's going on.

also some of them are pretty game-breaking!

see: taillow, ralts line,

some are bizarre or ridiculous and illogical or taking pokédex entries too seriously, e.g. wailmer, wailord, jigglypuff, wigglytuff, drifloon line, mew, finneon line.

so the wailord one just amuses me. who thought something about as dense as fluorine gas would be able to control its depth very well.

also what blubber, its skin can't even be 2 mm thick unless wailord biology is really weird.

okay so being necessarily filled with inflammable gases is pretty bizarre biologically too irrelevant

re: focus energy, how can a pokemon's focus be broken? or does a pokemon just ... stay focused once it uses focus energy?

wow that's really... hrm. I know it doesn't fade or anything in the games, either. Does Haze work?

+ Raises critical hit domain by two. Lowers effect of Charm, Confusing moves, etc., can't be removed

- None.

Though the AA entry says it can be interrupted, no ideas of disruptive moves can.

Theoretically, you could use it three times and be almost guaranteed a crit every other hit, and Charm and the likes have little to no effect.

+ Raises critical hit domain by two. Lowers effect of Charm, Confusing moves, etc., can't be removed

- None.

Though the AA entry says it can be interrupted, no ideas of disruptive moves can.

Theoretically, you could use it three times and be almost guaranteed a crit every other hit, and Charm and the likes have little to no effect.

But that's three actions wasted.

- None.

I will clarify in the revision, but it does not stack, and it only has an effect on things like confusion when it is actually used--the effects do not persist afterwards. So, you can use it to clear confusion, but it won't help you if you get confused again later.

It is not possible for an attack's crit chance to go above 50%, with the exception of those attacks that *always* score a critical hit.

Can I use Storm Throw in a double battle to throw my partner into another Pokemon? How would that affect the type/damage of the move? Since Storm Throw is always a critical hit, would it activate my partner's Anger Point? Obviously it would also damage the thrown Pokemon but would it equate to actually using Storm Throw on them?

Additionally, could Heavy Slam be directed at a specific body part? What if it were combined with Quick Attack or another priority move? Could I direct it specifically enough to break an arm or leg?

You could. The pokémon it got thrown into would just take normal damage with BP 40, without the auto-crit. The thrown pokémon would be damaged by the attack as normal, including the crit, so yes, it could activate anger point.

Heavy slam is probably too inaccurate, and wouldn't do enough damage, to break a limb.

Back
Top Bottom