• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Big 4 of British Metal

TANMAC43

We all know how Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer are the Big 4 of American heavy metal, but what about the Big 4 of British metal? This is who I think it should be: Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest. That's just who I think it should be but what do you think?

In terms of sales it's the ones you mentioned. In terms of being the best none of them have really done it for me as a whole, career wise. Maiden are prolly the best though, with Sabbath a close second.

While I agree on the lineup, calling Slayer and co. the Big Four of American metal in general is overexaggerating, that's only within thrash metal. Otherwise, Van Halen should be up there.

While I agree on the lineup, calling Slayer and co. the Big Four of American metal in general is overexaggerating, that's only within thrash metal. Otherwise, Van Halen should be up there.

Yep.

Not to mention Van Halen sucks ass.

OBJECTION!

Anyway, back on topic:

OP hit the nail on the head.

Regarding Grim's post: The overall Big Four of US metal, in my opinion, would be:

In terms of popularity/sales:

Metallica
Megadeth
Queensryche
Pantera

In terms of personal liking (for me, at least):

Metallica
Slayer
Manowar
Pantera

i'd say OP pretty much hit the nail on the head, that set sounds about right to me. right away when i saw the title of this thread in threadlist, maiden and priest immediately came to mind, and motorhead and sabbath fill in the other two spaces nicely.

Back
Top Bottom