• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise vs. Zora of Termina

Summergale

2-on-2 single
Style: Set, as this is an honorable duel.
DQ: Five days.
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather attacks last half as long, direct healing only heals 20% health at a time, no switching out at all ever until your Pokémon is dead.

Arena: Death Bridge of Death and Lava and Death (and Doomy-doom)

This battle, for inexplicable reasons only Blastoise understands, takes place in a clearing in the center of a forest, with a large, noticeable canyon cutting through the center. Also quite inexplicably, the canyon is filled with seething red lava starting roughly thirty yards past the lip of the canyon itself. Stretching across the canyon is a rather rickety bridge, the ropes suitably thick but moldy and ever-so-slightly frayed with age. The planks are wide and a quarter-foot thick, held together with thick iron nails; several, however, are loose and pulled out of the dry and creaky wood.

The challenger starts on the northern side of the bridge, near a small cave in which a hermit-slash-wizard Alakazam lives (More on that later), while the challenged starts on the south side. The south side is unremarkable, save for a lemon tree and a small (but rather deep) pond, which can be used to fuel lemonade and water attacks respectively.

If at any time the bridge breaks, any non-flying or non-hovering Pokémon will have to waste an action being saved by the Psychic hermit/wizard. The bridge will be repaired at the end of the following round by the Alakazam.

And here's the really fun part: All participants must wear medieval armor or wizard clothing, including the Pokémon; armor granting them +2 defense from the start, but at -1 speed, while the wizardly garb adds +2 special attack at the cost of -1 Speed. The medieval clothes can be sloughed off at any time, at the cost of an action, but that just wouldn't be cool. Flying or hovering with the armor or robes costs an extra 1% energy per action, as well.

Blastoise's Active Squad:

[Huskington] Shedinja [X] <Wonder Guard>

[Codegrah] Happiny [F] <Serene Grace>

[Hippocampus] Slowpoke [M] <Own Tempo>

[Koutus] Electrike [F] <Static>

[Pompeii] Numel [M] <Oblivious>

[Kergen] Mankey [F] <Vital Spirit>

[Coronada] Misdreavus [F] <Levitate>

[King's English] Ralts [M] <Synchronize>

[Agaric] Shroomish [F] <Poison Heal>

Zora of Termina's Active Squad:

[Cyndra] Cyndaquil (F) <Blaze>

[Sheila] Vulpix (F) <Flash Fire>
Body Mod: All black with yellow eyes.

[Hera] Ralts (F) <Synchronize>

[Shiia] Chinchou (F) <Volt Absorb>

[Frost] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>

[Haven] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>

[Sedgwick] Teddiursa (M) <Quick Feet>

[Chimani] Kitora (F) <Cute Charm>

[Adelle] Feebas (F) <Swift Swim>

Blastoise sends out
Zora sends out and issues commands
Blastoise issues commands
I ref and try not to fail miserably.

Well, that was quick. =) Thanks for taking it, Summergale.

Since this is going to be a prearranged Raltsathon, gogogo:

[King's English] Ralts [M] @Dawn Stone
Synchronize

And I choose armor for him to wear.

C'mon out, Hera! Your first battle <3
And you'll be wearing wizard robes.

I wantcha to Try and dodge anything he throws atcha, and keep the criticals away with Lucky Chant. Then you can't go wrong with Magical Leaf. Keep trying to dodge though. Finally, I want you to nail him with Shadow Ball.

Lucky Chant ~ Magical Leaf ~ Shadow Ball

Start of with Snatch to grab her Lucky Chant away, 'cause we're evil and stuff. Then use your metal arm for a Teleport + Thunder Punch combination, so Teleport behind her and the hit her back.

Snatch ~ Teleport+Thunder Punch ~ Nothing

Actually, some things I need to ask before I can do the reffing. What weight of Automail is King's English's arm? Also, does the Pokemon clothing count towards the whole 'cap at +6' with stats?

2-on-2 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather attacks last half as long, direct healing only heals 20% health at a time, no switching out at all ever until your Pokémon is dead.

This battle, for inexplicable reasons only Blastoise understands, takes place in a clearing in the center of a forest, with a large, noticeable canyon cutting through the center. Also quite inexplicably, the canyon is filled with seething red lava starting roughly thirty yards past the lip of the canyon itself. Stretching across the canyon is a rather rickety bridge, the ropes suitably thick but moldy and ever-so-slightly frayed with age. The planks are wide and a quarter-foot thick, held together with thick iron nails; several, however, are loose and pulled out of the dry and creaky wood.

The challenger starts on the northern side of the bridge, near a small cave in which a hermit-slash-wizard Alakazam lives (More on that later), while the challenged starts on the south side. The south side is unremarkable, save for a lemon tree and a small (but rather deep) pond, which can be used to fuel lemonade and water attacks respectively.

If at any time the bridge breaks, any non-flying or non-hovering Pokémon will have to waste an action being saved by the Psychic hermit/wizard. The bridge will be repaired at the end of the following round by the Alakazam.

And here's the really fun part: All participants must wear medieval armor or wizard clothing, including the Pokémon; armor granting them +2 defense from the start, but at -1 speed, while the wizardly garb adds +2 special attack at the cost of -1 Speed. The medieval clothes can be sloughed off at any time, at the cost of an action, but that just wouldn't be cool. Flying or hovering with the armor or robes costs an extra 1% energy per action, as well.

It's a fairly quiet day in the clearing that houses, for what appears to be no reason at all, a chasm filled with lava. There's the sound of a flock of Starly squabbling in a tree somewhere, and all seems calm enough. Well, until the three humans arrive. All three are dressed in medieval outfits, and there's a bit of awkward murmuring along the lines of "I feel like such an idiot wearing this" and "Why did we bother with this theme again". The referee outlines the rules, and the trainers take their places and casually toss out a Pokeball apiece, while the referee sits on a little platform of air over the river of death and lava. Yep, that's not going to come back to bite her where it hurts, is it?

Blastoise (OO)
Ralts
[King's English] Ralts (Male) <Synchronise> @Dawn Stone
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Snatch ~ Teleport+Thunder Punch ~ Nothing
Status: Wondering why he's been forced into a suit of armour when he already has metal for an arm. ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Lucky Chant ~ Magical Leaf ~ Shadow Ball
Status: Admiring the pretty stars on her robes. ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed )

ROUND ONE

Thanks to the fact that his metal arm is light enough to counteract the armour bogging him down, King's English manages to move first. However, a casual observer might think nothing had happened - but in fact, a dark glow surrounds the tiny Psychic-type. Vague tendrils waft through the air, seeking out stat increases to steal. Hera is only too happy to oblige, lifting her arms (and slapping herself in the face with her sleeves, but that's okay). She hums a little tune, elaborating and turning it into words. The lucky chant makes her feel different - more protected, maybe? In any case, she's fairly certain the move worked, and it just getting used to the feeling when disaster strikes. The wandering tendrils of dark energy whip through the air and pass straight through her, clamping down on everything that gives her that feeling, and then viciously yanking it out. Hera gives a yelp of suprise, but by the time she can react King's English is already looking smug and protected.

Pushing this failure aside, Hera settles down and tries something a bit different. She raises her arms again and spreads her psychic abilites, asking the trees to sacrifice some of their leaves to aid her. Most just ignore her (they are just trees after all) but she does glean a few handfuls. She imbues these with psychic energy and, once satisfied, launches them King's English-ward. The tiny glowing missiles arc over the bridge towards the other Pokemon and slice into him, making the Ralts squeal in pain as her tries to bat them away. Oh, that's it. She is not getting away with that... King's English decides, summoning his psychic energy. As he fades from view, making Hera wonder where he went, he's already charging up a Thunderpunch. It crackles around the lightweight arm, sparks leaping across the joints, and this empowers the attack when he finally does reappear, and slams his fist into Hera's back. The robes do absolutely nothing to protect the Ralts, and she is thrown forwards from the sheer force; it's not really possible to dodge an attack that comes from behind you with no warning.

Lying dazed on the floor is not really a good strategy for battle, so Hera picks herself up again - ouch, static electricity is a fickle mistress if you are wearing wizard robes - and tries to attack again. A large ball of shadow forms between her hands, and she focuses on making it bigger. King's English watches in fear, realising he is all out of moves for this action. He prays for paralysis from the Thunderpunch, for Hera to trip, anything - ghost energy is not a very good thing to hit a Ralts with, after all. Alas, when the Shadow Ball is slightly bigger than Hera's head, she launches it towards King's English. The ball hits him in the face (Hera cringes, that looked painful) and knocks him over backwards.

The referee waves a little flag to show that the round is over.

Blastoise (OO)
Ralts
Health: 85%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Snatch ~ Teleport+Thunder Punch ~ Nothing
Status: AUGH MY FACE IT BURNS ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Immune to critical hits for another two actions)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Health: 87%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Lucky Chant ~ Magical Leaf ~ Shadow Ball
Status: Holy... wow. I didn't mean for that. ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed )

Notes:
o Thunderpunch was a critical hit. Sorry Zora! At least Hera hit in the face as retaliation.
o Hera could not dodge the Thunderpunch, as it was done from behind with no warning.
o Both Hera and King's English (do you have something shorter I can call him?) are on the south side of the arena now.
o See anything wrong? Tell me!

Just call him King, okay?

Use Ice Punch to start with, but if she Teleports use Hidden Power. If she's Protecting or using a stat-booster, use Future Sight.

Ice Punch ~ Hidden Power ~ Future Sight

P.S. - No, the clothing's statboosts do not count towards the total of six.

P.P.S. - You wear the armor because it is cool, King's English.

So, he doesn't want us to try Protecting or stat-raising? That's OK! I'm not into that! I want you to block the Ice Punch with a Fire Punch, a'aight? Then hit him with another Shadow Ball. Finally, get 'im with Signal Beam.

Fire Punch ~ Shadow Ball ~ Signal Beam

Blastoise, can you fix your commands? Right now it's like this, as I understand it...

Ice Punch ~ Nothing/Hidden Power/Future Sight ~ Nothing/Hidden Power/Future Sight

Sorry, typo.

Ice Punch/Hidden Power/Future Sight ~ Ice Punch/Hidden Power/Future Sight ~ Ice Punch/Hidden Power/Future Sight

Zora might want to restate her commands, though.

2-on-2 single

Blastoise (OO)
Ralts
Health: 85%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Ice Punch/Hidden Power/Future Sight x3
Status: AUGH MY FACE IT BURNS ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Immune to critical hits for another two actions)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Health: 87%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Fire Punch ~ Shadow Ball ~ Signal Beam
Status: Holy... wow. I didn't mean for that. ( +2 Sp. Attack -1 Speed )

"Round two, go!"

King and Hera move at almost the same time. Hera lifts her left fist; King raises his right. Fire crackles around Hera's fist (and come dangerously close to setting her robes on fire); ice crystallises on King's fist. Then, they swing. The two elements meet in what would have been an explosion if this had been a cheesy anime. As it is, there is a hiss of steam, revealing that King's Ice Punch has melted into nothing. Hera's fist continues, despite having already done its purpose, and grazes his face.

It's more of an insult than an injury, and King's English narrows his eyes under his helmet hair. That stupid little pansy may have blocked his Ice Punch once, but a second one... She's got no command for that, so he raises his fist and rushes her again. Predictably, Hera gets a faceful of icy fist and is plowed backwards. She sits up and holds her hands a few inches apart, gritting her teeth as dark energy begins to congeal between her hands. When the orb has grown to a decent size, she lets it loose with a small cry. The Shadow Ball hits King in the chest, and he gives a wail of pain as yet more ghostly energy works its way into his skin. It hurts just as much as the first time, and he cringes in pain as he stands back up.

His commands call for another Ice Punch, and he decides that sounds good. Maybe he'll soak Hera's robes with water. He raises his metallic fist once more and slams it into her chest, knocking the other Psychic-type into the floor. She lies there for a moment, slightly dazed, and shakes her head. Signal Beam, Signal Beam.... hm. She raises her hands and focuses, a ball of red light forming in one hand, blue light in the other. The two balls shoot forth a beam of light each, which twists and turns around itself before droning into King's ears. He shakes his head and finds that the incessant droning won't leave his head, and whenever he looks up, there's red and blue lights dancing in his eyes.

"Round two is over!"

Blastoise (OO)
Ralts
Health: 57%
Energy: 66%
Commands: Ice Punch x3
Status: asdfghjkl lightsssss ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused - Moderate)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Health: 77%
Commands: Fire Punch ~ Shadow Ball ~ Signal Beam

Notes:
o Signal Beam rolled for confusion.
o See anything wrong? Tell me!

Last edited:
OK, Hera, you're doin' good so far. Now, first I want you to get 'im with Attract, then follow up with Thunderbolt. Finally, hit him with Thief, am I understood?

Attract ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thief

Grab her from behind and cover her mouth. Then, still holding her, use Ice Punch twice on her gut. Make sure to keep her from escaping or using her arms, or else she'll take that pretty Dawn Stone around your neck.

Grab~Ice Punch~Ice Punch

Also, here's King's sprite:

senglish1.gif

I just realised I am a stupid derpface that forgot the difference between the words mild and moderate. Does this change anyone's commands, or can I go ahead and ref anyway?

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 57%
Commands: Grab ~ Ice Punch ~ Ice Punch
Status: asdfghjkl lightsssss ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused - Moderate)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
Commands: Attract ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thief

"Round four... begin!"

The words have barely left the referee's mouth before King's English lunges forward in an attempt to grab Hera's arms. Halfway there, however, the red and blue lights dance before his eyes and he misses her by several inches, both arms flailing wildly and causing King to smack himself in the face.

Hera is slightly unnerved by the wild flailing, but she knows what she looks for in a partner and sidles up to King.
I like your horn. It's so shiny... and so is that big, strong arm of yours... she purrs, batting her eyelashes underneath her helmet for extra effect. King instantly looks charmed, murmuring something back and giggling. Hera smiles sweetly and practically dances away, leaving a doe-eyed Ralts behind.

Ice Punch? In her stomach? King's English feels repulsed by the very thought, and stubbornly folds his arms. No matter the damage that's already been done to him, he will not lift a hand - metallic or otherwise - against her. However, Hera seems to have no such qualms, lifting her hands and pleading with the heavens. Just one thunderbolt, pleeeeease? She gets her wish about three seconds later, a massive flash of sound and light roaring from the heavens above to strike King's English. The electricity sears across his body and he squeals in pain, struggling to stand.

He flails and thrashes, but his muscles will not obey. They simply refuse to obey. King gives a muffled whimper and wonders why his dear sweet Hera is doing this to him. He's done nothing to her this round, and it's all because of what she's done! It's just not fair!

Hera slinks up to King and carefully places his head in her lap. Oh, I'm so sorry... I really am, you know... she whispers, and the effect of her words is amazing. King smiles dopily up at his sweetheart, completely unaware of what her ulterior motives are - she's got him positioned right where the Dawn Stone is easiest to get. Hera's fingers softly tug at the catch keeping the Dawn Stone firmly around King's neck, and there's an almost-inaudible click as she successfully pries the necklace loose of his neck and puts it around her own.

"Round four is over!"

Blastoise (OO)
senglish.gif

Health: 50%
Energy: 60%
Commands: Nothing ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
Status: ohmai she's so pretty <333 ( +2 Defense +1 damage to arm-related attacks) (Confused - Moderate) (Attracted - Moderate) (Paralyzed - Severe)

Zora of Termina (OO)
Ralts
[Hera] Ralts (F) <Synchronize> @Dawn Stone
Energy: 53%
Commands: Attract ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thief

Notes:
o The RNG Gods must really, really hate you, Blastoise. I'm sorry.
o King's English confusionfailed on the first action, attractfailed on the second, and paralysisfailed on the third. Hot damn.
o I know the difference between mild and moderate, I just didn't put the right word in when I reffed last round.
o For reference, I ref Severe as a 75% failchance, Moderate as a 50% failchance, and Mild as a 25% failchance.
o I'll use the metal arm sprite from now on, thanks Blastoise.
o Blastoise attacks, Zora attacks, then I ref and make far too many notes.

Last edited:
Synchronize should make Hera also severely paralyzed. And yes, I'm aware that the RNG Gods have forsaken me.

Use beseech her not to attack again with Charm. Then see if she likes you with Attract followed by Captivate, unless Attract was unsuccessful, in hich case use it again.

Charm ~ Attract ~ Captivate/Attract

Back
Top Bottom