Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.
Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.
Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?
It's kinda hard when your entire mafia gets peeked consecutivelyAs an update - just one more submission left, so I should be able to tally the results and do the end-of-game reveal by the end of the weekend.
I hope that you all found the game enjoyable or entertaining at some point! A number of people have said that they didn't find the game very fun or they felt like they weren't able to engage with the game. As a host I want to try to make it a fun environment for everyone playing, and I'm sorry that it wasn't.
EifieI propose that all mafia members become loved D1
Accepted. The "loved" modifier will appear in role flips and other results that describe roles on d1.
qvaI propose that I be granted a private chat with Panini in which we may only communicate using emojis and dog gifs. Using letter emojis to construct messages is not permitted. Adding text to the dog gifs is not permitted (but gifs that already had text on them are okay). We may continue to post in this chat even after our deaths.
Strykei propose that all messages posted tomorrow must be in Olde HIghe English. or else.
PaniniNo one can use the letter "t" in any of their posts for the day. They either have to work around it or just go without it.
RedneckPhoenixI'd like to propose post bingo! We all guess the names of who we think will post at a random set of post numbers 5 times and the person with the most guesses correct gets a prize at the end of the day. You may not reveal or hint at your guesses or guess your own name and mafia can't discuss this event in their private chat.
Accepted. (Since I don't know the length of the day in advance, at the end of the day, I will randomly generate 5 post numbers between the SOD post and the EOD post, not counting my own, for the event.)
HiikaruI would like to set my house on fire and hide in the woods, killing everyone who targeted me.
Butterfreei propose a rule change that mafia kills turn people into mafia instead of killing them
Condition: You can only apply this effect to the mafia kill once.
I propose you tell me whether Chemist1422 is mafia.
qvaI propose that I become a recluse or whatever it's called. my death is announced at sod2 with a full role flip or whatever you do for deaths. for the next day/night cycle I am considered mechanically dead (i.e. don't count for parity, etc.) and any proposals targeting me will silently fail. I return to the game at sod3. if I die during n1 by any other means, this proposal is voided.
Stryketoday i propose that the first time a town member accurately votes on a mafioso, it counts for double, but the first time a mafia member votes on a power role, it counts for double.
Accepted. The way I will treat this is that for each new day, the first town member to vote a mafioso will have their vote silently doubled only if it is on that mafioso - i.e. they could vote the mafia, unvote the mafia, and then revote them and the vote would still count for double at the end of the day, though they would not be informed of it and it would still show up as one vote in vote totals. The same would go for the first time each day that a mafia votes on a town who has taken an action similar to a conventional power role the previous night.
PaniniAt the end of the night phase, send RedneckPhoenix a PM that simply says "You have been designated as a bowl of porridge!". This designation is arbitrary and meaningless, and if he asks for any further detail on said PM, don't say anything.
RedneckPhoenixI would like to play dodgeball!
Each player y gets one ball a day and can privately pm who they would like to throw it at (Player x) during the day. Player x during the night phase is then told how many balls have been thrown at them. They must choose whether they want to Dodge(1), Duck, Dip, Dive or Dodge(2). Only 2 of these will correctly dodge the ball, the rest will get you hit in the face like a goober. (I don't suppose you actually have to rand which option does which it's just a 2/5 chance but like the flavour ya know).
Getting hit eliminates you from the minigame, as does dying. Last person standing gets a free win on top of their pre-existing win condition! Or an event prize, whichever way you want to do it.
i'd like to make the posting of gifs punishable by instantaneous death
Condition: This only applies to animated, embedded gifs (ones using the tag). This is mostly to make it easier for me to enforce, but will allow links to gifs.[/I][/quote]
[quote]proposal: chemist gains the power to post but can't do anything else
[I]Accepted. His votes won't count, though, since he's still dead.[/I][/quote]
[quote]All right, I propose that, hear me out, you now tell me if [I]Panini[/I] is mafia
[I]Condition: On Night 2, you can't learn someone's alignment with your proposal.[/I][/quote][/spoiler]
[b]Night 1 Actions[/b]
- Hiikaru kills Eifie, applying the effect that the kill turns the target into mafia rather than killing them. (Even though Hiikaru's action was a mafia kill that was altered, Eifie's proposal was worded so that the proposal would be voided only if she died, so she was converted and then her death was announced.)
- Panini uses her doctor prize on Butterfree. I made a mistake when originally stating the prize as applying to Night 2 instead of Night 1, and checked with Panini to make sure she also meant Night 1.
[b]Night 1 Results[/b]
- Butterfree learns that Panini is not mafia.
- The first vote from a mafia onto Panini or Butterfree will be silently doubled. The first vote from a town onto a mafia will be silently doubled.
- RedneckPhoenix is told "You have been designated as a [b]bowl of porridge![/b]"
- Chemist1422 can post.
- Eifie is converted to mafia, gaining access to the mafia factional abilities.
- Eifie's death will be announced at start of day 2. She will return to the game at the start of day 3.
- Post restrictions for d2: Animated, embedded gifs may not be posted and are punished by death.
- Event: Dodgeball!
- RedneckPhoenix throws a dodgeball at Stryke and hits.
- Hiikaru throws a dodgeball at RedneckPhoenix and hits.
- Panini throws a dodgeball at RedneckPhoenix and hits.
- The following people are still in the Dodgeball game: qva, Panini, Hiikaru, Butterfree.
- No one is lynched.
[spoiler=Night 2 Proposals][b]qva[/b]
[quote]is there any way i can discover the alignment of hiikaru?
[I]Condition: on Night 3, you can’t make a proposal.[/I][/quote]
[quote]Tell Panini and Hiikaru that I think they're both super cool, but don't tell either of them it was me who said it. Just tell them that a player in the game thinks they're super cool
[quote]I'd like to make a proposal to have it be publicly declared how many members of each faction we started with and how many members of each faction are still alive at the start of the day.
[I]Condition: only the number of Town will be broadcast.[/I][/quote]
[quote]I'd like to open a complementary dairy bar, thus figuring out Butterfree's alignment
[I]Condition: on Night 3, you can’t make a proposal.[/I][/quote]
[quote]I propose that Chemist may make one proposal tonight for each night that he has been dead (including this one, so he gets 2 proposals tonight). His proposals may not be interfered with by any means and should anyone try to find out the text of this proposal or either of his, they instead get a bunch of undecipherable glitch text. in return for the chemist proposal he cannot be targeted by any mafia proposals for the rest of the game
[I]Accepted. (Both of the proposals could have been combined into one proposal and used instead of this one, and would have been accepted.)[/I][/quote]
[b]Chemist1422, through Hiikaru[/b]
[quote]I propose that everyone who is voting for the leading wagon at the end of d3 shall die immediately after the lynch. These deaths cannot be prevented by any means and everyone who dies in this way will flip mafia. If d3 ends in a no lynch, a random mafia member dies instead.
I propose that if our kill succeeds tonight, the person who is killed shall flip mafia. If our kill fails, their real alignment will instead publicly be broadcast in the thread.
[quote]For tonight, I propose you tell me what Eifie's N1 proposal was.
[b]Night 2 Actions[/b]
- Hiikaru kills Butterfree.
[b]Night 2 Results[/b]
- Butterfree's proposal silently fails due to Eifie's N1 proposal, so she doesn't learn anything
- qva learns that Hiikaru is Mafia.
- RedneckPhoenix learns that Butterfree is Town.
- Panini and Hiikaru learn: "Someone in the game thinks you're [b]super cool.[/b]"
- Butterfree dies, and as a result of Chemist1422's proposal, flips Mafia.
- RedneckPhoenix and Stryke are hit by dodgeballs and eliminated from the dodgeball game. Butterfree is eliminated, as she died. Remaining are qva, Panini, and Hiikaru.
- Everyone who is voting for the leading wagon at the end of day 3 will die after the lynch and flip Mafia.
- It is broadcast that there were 6 Town at the beginning of the game and there are 4 Town alive.
- The first vote from Hiikaru or Eifie onto RedneckPhoenix, qva, or Butterfree will be doubled; the first vote from a town onto a mafia will be doubled.
- Hiikaru is lynched. As they are voting the top wagon, qva, RedneckPhoenix, and Panini also die.
- Panini aimed a dodgeball at Hiikaru, but both of them are eliminated from the dodgeball game anyway, so it doesn't hit.
[spoiler=Night 3 Proposals][b]Eifie[/b]
[quote]I propose that I give up my life in order for Stryke, along with each person who has flipped as mafia at some point in the game, to be converted to the mafia alignment, This proposal shall not be preventable by any means and shall take effect before the accept/decline phase such that Stryke may be informed of the text of this proposal in its entirety and strongly urged to rescind his proposal should it interfere with his death in any way.
At dawn, the army of dead mafia zombies shall rise. They shall ready themselves to do battle one last time to determine the true winner of this Calvinball. The task: a tcodf-themed PEEHS, devised by the one and only Gamemaster Keldeo. Should the PEEHS end in a tie, the players in question shall enter sudden death in a manner to be decided by the Gamemaster. After the bloody battle, the winner of the PEEHS shall be crowned winner of the winners of this year's Calvinball. Everyone else shall receive a participation ribbon.
[I]Accepted. (There was no sudden death because the event took awhile so I thought it would be more fun without.)[/I][/quote]
[quote]If Eifie uses the word "wolf" twice in the same post she automatically dies