• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Novelux Copperridge Wharf

Phillip shrugged. "Bet they were just upset the new fave was gone so soon."

"Couldn't put money on her in the seasonal cup, more like," Jam added with an eye roll.

Jade somehow doubted that interrogating random battling fans in a bar somewhere was likely to come up with anything good. She shuffled a paw on the ground and said, "I guess we could try asking around at the Dome itself... assuming there's nothing else we can get from the train incident?" She threw an inquisitive glance toward Buck.

Buck looked like a 'mon who'd been holding a modest weight at arm's length for too long. He sighed, and thumped the side of the locomotive with a powerful ear.

"One other thing, I guess. But you take this information and you don't come back here again, alright?"

Laura read the rabbit's eyes, and decided he was completely serious, and about three seconds from changing his mind. She nodded, and braced her notebook. "You got it."

The Diggersby grunted unhappily. "Alright. So, back when head office got all antsy about the bashed up car, there was some kinda inspection or visit or whathaveyou. I don't know if the guy was a lawyer, or a spook, or what, but it was around when he turned up that the bosses put the kibosh on everything."

Laura raised a brow. "And what can you tell us about this 'spook'...?"

"Greninja, male, early twenties at most, could even have been a teenager." After a moment, Buck gave a phlegmy cough, and shrugged. "Strong aura, too, if you ask me."

Nidoqueen Whistler snapped her digits. "That guy! Yeah, he just kinda walked past the security 'mon, didn't he? Like they weren't even there. That's not a lawyer thing, that's weird. Spooky."

Buck nodded, and decisively tapped the engine again, twice.

"Alright, that's enough of a break for you workshy indolents! Get about it." He eyed the party of Wayfarers, and clicked his tongue. "Good luck to you lot, I guess. But I meant what I said – I can't help you any more than this. I got 'mon depending on me to keep things regular around here. We don't need anything that'd make life any more complicated than it is, you understand?"

Laura nodded, and pocketed her notes.

"Guess we'd better go," she said to her companions, quietly.

Back
Top Bottom