• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dies Twice Mafia - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
NIGHT ZERO

An emergency lockdown has been sounded in the highest bureau of government. It's pursuant to the finding of conclusive evidence that some of the nation's high-ranking officials have been replaced by nefarious infiltrators, ultimately seeking to destroy the administration by any means necessary – including murder, but so much murder.

Everyone inside is a suspect. Yet, everyone inside is also a potential victim, made more vulnerable by being trapped in close proximity with their would-be assailants. But the secret service has provided a solution to this problem. It's... unorthodox, but it'll have to do in this delicate situation. Countless body doubles are roaming the bureau, vastly decreasing the chances that any one figure will be preyed upon successfully.

It's noticeably not without downsides. For one thing, the infiltrators benefit from a horde of body doubles to hide behind as well; any trail to them becomes harder to effectively chase down. Furthermore, if the fact that being trapped with murderous impersonators weren't enough to make every official overwary of their colleagues, the sense of paranoia heightens beyond the roof when you're never quite sure whether you're interacting with a body double or not at any given time.

Still, the quarantined officials are largely on their own to find the snakes in their midst and survive. Who will come out on top, in this many-layered contest of wits?

72 hours for night actions.

DAY ONE

It feels wholly predictable in retrospect that, almost no sooner than the gates were locked, the knives were drawn. Already, Butterfree was found bleeding copiously and left for dead in one of the less well-traveled corridors of the bureau.

Things got a little more confusing when Butterfree herself showed up to check on the situation. But the previous Butterfree still laid pale and cloudy-eyed on the ground. In fact, Butterfree cradled Butterfree's corpse in a gesture of concern and compassion for the lost. One would call it a very poor attempt at a metaphorical performance, if it were not actually happenning.

These body doubles will be the death of-- well. Something, maybe, but it is also objectively true that one of them has just been instrumental in preserving a life.

Butterfree has lost a life.
96 hours for discussion.
(It is Sunrise for the next 48 hours.)
(... but also, we can get started talking about when's a good time for EoD for everyone, I suppose)

oh jesus i haven't been alive for real mafia in ages. i'm so used to doing these in-character. who am i when i'm not wearing some anime twink as a kinsuit.

er. anyway.

hmmm. not totally sure what one can extrapolate from this. i feel like butterfree's a pretty obvious n1 target?

i'm so happy that this setup means none of my friends get actually elimmed d1 thank god

i have been working on this for like a week straight

oh yeah mafia is a game and not just an infinite shitpost generator

hmmm. not totally sure what one can extrapolate from this. i feel like butterfree's a pretty obvious n1 target?
yeah that was pretty much what i was thinking too. nobody wants to kill a newbie n0, nobody wants to kill someone who died early last game, and butterfree's probably the strongest player out of those remaining, so. i guess that can mean that the mafia is at least somewhat experienced?

or at least the one who decided the target. old hand/newbie duo maybe.

Welp. Half-dead already!

Well, this rather signals that the mafia might go for me again tonight unless something major comes out today to draw them to somebody else, so I'm in an interesting dilemma where maybe I should just spill everything I've got before I get fully dead, or maybe being shot has actually already gotten the attention of protective roles and I'll be fine. I guess in a game where everyone is effectively one-shot bulletproof, we shouldn't necessarily expect there to be any kind of outside protection, so I'm sort of leaning proooobably spill-everything?

Thoughts welcome, though. Thankfully we've got some time.

i would say there's probably very little in the way of protective roles if only because having to double-tap every kill /and/ vote while also having doctors and such alongside 96 hour days would make this the single longest game in history by real-life time

i suppose that would be a very poignant commentary on the failings of high-level bureaucracy but generally speaking games are supposed to be engaging

hello, one and all. i have a presentation i would like to share with you.
Still working on my "addressing the allegations" apology video, set to song. Very hard to learn the ukulele from scratch in only 96 hours

Back
Top Bottom