• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dies Twice Mafia - Game Thread

hello, one and all. i have a presentation i would like to share with you.
Still working on my "addressing the allegations" apology video, set to song. Very hard to learn the ukulele from scratch in only 96 hours
just put on someone's remix of unwavering emotions. make sure you don't credit them so you can make another apology vid after for metrics

i'm gonna be real. i didn't actually watch it before. i was at work

i am screening this rn and why is it almost 2 minutes long

i had to hurriedly delete/hide 99% of my signature because everyone here was about to be assaulted by like 50 quotes (my random tags broke) (wysiwyg editor got me fucked up)

Welp. Half-dead already!

Well, this rather signals that the mafia might go for me again tonight unless something major comes out today to draw them to somebody else, so I'm in an interesting dilemma where maybe I should just spill everything I've got before I get fully dead, or maybe being shot has actually already gotten the attention of protective roles and I'll be fine. I guess in a game where everyone is effectively one-shot bulletproof, we shouldn't necessarily expect there to be any kind of outside protection, so I'm sort of leaning proooobably spill-everything?

Thoughts welcome, though. Thankfully we've got some time.
hmm. you might be right that they'll just finish the job tonight, but i'm kind of reluctant to set the precedent of dumping all our information when we're down to a single life - on balance i think it's better than not in a pinch, i suppose, but it's uncomfortable if mafia is able to apply that kind of pressure every night. does that make sense?

i agree with keith that i'm not sure what protective power looks like in a setup like this

also we have the longest day phase ever lol

hit post too early. as in, we have the longest day phase ever, so i especially don't think that any spilling needs to happen yet

you two keep calling me rnp though it makes me feel special

So the R in RNP stands for Keith?

Also, on a similar note to how too many doctors and the like would make this take a lifetime, I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one vigilante to possibly speed it up (and it fits the flavor tbh). Though they seem to have wisely stayed put instead of shooting blindly (or we have a lucky doctor or something. How would an alien work here?)

hmmm. not totally sure what one can extrapolate from this. i feel like butterfree's a pretty obvious n1 target?
yeah that was pretty much what i was thinking too. nobody wants to kill a newbie n0, nobody wants to kill someone who died early last game, and butterfree's probably the strongest player out of those remaining, so. i guess that can mean that the mafia is at least somewhat experienced?
Or perhaps isn't over getting hoodwinked from last game, but at this stage who can say for certain

hmmm. not totally sure what one can extrapolate from this. i feel like butterfree's a pretty obvious n1 target?
yeah that was pretty much what i was thinking too. nobody wants to kill a newbie n0, nobody wants to kill someone who died early last game, and butterfree's probably the strongest player out of those remaining, so. i guess that can mean that the mafia is at least somewhat experienced?
Or perhaps isn't over getting hoodwinked from last game, but at this stage who can say for certain
nobody likes a braggart

I feel like there's gotta be at least ONE doctor/protector role in this game. 10 people is a decent amount, so I think the risk of dragging the game out is outweighed by the fact that you have more people to choose from and potentially get it wrong. And yeah it might be obvious to target the person who got merc'd last night (i.e. Bfree) but that kinda feels like it falls under the "so obvious/stupid it just might work" category. Maybe we get caught off-guard with it once, but for the most part Bfree having such a big target on her back kinda makes me think that they wouldn't dare try a second time since all eyes are on her now

Back
Top Bottom