• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ditto's Docks

Have you noticed the style switcher conveniently placed, not only on the splash page, but also at the top of the right menu?

Besides guys, the election is over isn't it?

Yeah, like a 13 year old kid just loves to sit around with his family watching the five o'clock news, when he already is supposed to get correct information in his school day.

Besides, this isn't about my political beliefs, its about my website.

Because maybe I didn't know that I was uninformed until you people so very kindly pointed that out.

Bumpity-bump!

Announcing a new style! Merry Christmas! Style!

And as you could see from the really long update, I went through and fixed up some of the tutorials, and corrected some spelling mistakes. I also just finished backing up all of my files, not that you care at all but...

The splash is too large and takes AGES to load even on high-speed computers.
I also hate to break it to you, but I think the Christmas layout died unless you were going for a minimalist thing. The codes aren't working. Oh, wait. The style switcher was just oddly placed. :/
The Christmas style is pretty good, I guess. Nice Christmassy colors. I just think the whole initial non-existent style is a bit off-putting; lots of people will run instead of fumble around.

Did you read the last update that I posted?
We are having a problem with Merry Christmas! Style, if you currently have it as your active style, please select a new one. I have made a terrible mistake with the colors, it is a horrible mess, quickly chose a different style.
Ditto's Docks is not and will not be held responsible or liable for any ailments caused by the viewing of this website. You have been warned.

Also, when I went to my site to get that, the splash was fine. It loaded along with the rest of the page and looked just how I wanted it to.

Did you read the last update that I posted?

Also, when I went to my site to get that, the splash was fine. It loaded along with the rest of the page and looked just how I wanted it to.

LOL. My mistake. I mixed up with what thread this was and was commenting on Igloo and Dumbbells. Sorry.
More evidence of my ditziness!

It's okay.
Merry Christmas! Style seems to want to use Normal Ditto Style's text and link color, so I now have a red background, with pink text and a green background-ed banner. It looks horrible.

It's okay.
Merry Christmas! Style seems to want to use Normal Ditto Style's text and link color, so I now have a red background, with pink text and a green background-ed banner. It looks horrible.

THE COLORS.
THE COLORS, MY GOOD SENTIENT BLOB!
THEY BURN... *sizzles to nothing*
It's... blinding. The primary color/too-bright combo is a combination from hell...
I know you were going for Christmas-themed colors, but you had no right to inflict that much pain upon our retinas.
Different shades, different shades are needed! Go unto the land and choose some decent ones!
Your visitors will be be very grateful. Just tone down them to be less bright and overbearing, okay?

I don't mean pastels, but the page seriously looks as if the spirit of Christmas vomited on it!

Well, I'll be honest your site is really good. However, it could be better. Then again all sites can be better. I'd say that you've some decent content but your "Never ending words" thing is sorta short. Also, none of the skins seem to load for me but seeing the other posts it appears it's just me. Anyways, I'll be checking on your site often hopefully you get some more content. (Oh yeah it wouldn't hurt to shrink your splash a little.) :grin:

Ok. Thanks for your contributions.

Um, Ayame, did you not read the notice that I left?
We are having a problem with Merry Christmas! Style, if you currently have it as your active style, please select a new one. I have made a terrible mistake with the colors, it is a horrible mess, quickly chose a different style.
Ditto's Docks is not and will not be held responsible or liable for any ailments caused by the viewing of this website. You have been warned.
But now it's fixed. Or are you talking about the new colors that I have?

Edit: That aren't there anymore because I have finally finished the style. (Thanks for that link BTW) Announcing Merry Christmas! Style v. 4! (which I hope is the last because I really don't want to go back through and remake the banner...again)

Also, I have Chapter Two of "The Nameless Fan Fic" (as it is currently called) Finished! Chapter Three will probably be up by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well yeah, there is no option on the site I got the chatbox from to make it compatible with a styleswitcher. Hence the colors, they are not meant to look like one specific style.

Bump

Well, I just thought since the sites hits are a little low, I thought I'd bump the thread. Of course, that isn't the only reason for my post, I also have a completely new layout. All of the content is the same, but I changed the layout. It is a table based *gasp* from Eonlight Valley, I used the Photoshop layouts tutorial.

And just to let you all on to a little secret, I already have the Shiny Ditto style up. I just haven't announced it to the world yet. Or made it an option for viewing. I'm going to wait until I am finished putting the Favicon up and then say two things in the update.

Back
Top Bottom