• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eh, I've got a problem.

Zuu

printf("%s\n", user_title);
Basically I've been itching to write again and I'm throwing plot ideas around and not having too much luck. However, I've kind of got... something... but I'm not sure if it sounds too much like Silent Hill or not so I'm going to go ahead and see what you think. o_o

Umm, basically a guy starts to dream of a parallel world in which he interacts with "shadow" versions of his neighbors and such, and the more he dreams about this world the more off things he notices about it, the "shadow" versions of people become more misshapen and horrible, the same with the environment, whatever. He starts to wonder if maybe the dreams aren't just coincidental and if there's something deeper and darker at hand. So he begins investigating into this and suddenly the parallel world starts getting really defensive and I'm not sure how much I can say without giving stuff away. But uh. Anyways.

Also I'm not sure if doing this in a chaptered form would be ... advisable? or possible?

anyway, thoughts I guess. This wasn't inspired in any way by Silent Hill; hell I've never played the game. I just started thinking and I was like "ew this ... kind of reminds me of it". so... yeah.

I'm not familiar with Silent Hill, so I don't know what to say about that. If you've never played it, maybe it's not as similar as you think?

But if it is similar, try to look for ways to twist it into your own story. Start off small, just find little things that are the same and change them so they're different. Like, do both characters live in a two-story house? Make yours live in an apartment. Start off by doing little things like that, and if you let these little changes flow in the story, they should change other things. Just little chain reactions of changes. =3 Hopefully that makes sense and hopefully it helps...

Sounds like something you could do in a chaptered form, if you want to.

Ah, sorry for taking so long to respond...

Um, yes! That is helpful, indeed. I'm not actually all too familiar with Silent Hill, either, I just know it's basically "there be a shadow world in this here place". But anyway, thanks. I shall try that.

Seems far more like Coraline than Silent Hill, in my opinion (although I haven't played SH either, so)...but in any event, if you're not entirely sure how things may relate to preexisting material, it would be best to go ahead and start writing things out now, and worry about how you could change it later in the event that copyrights are, in fact, called into question.

Back
Top Bottom