• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Entei's Pokedex text is akward...

shadow_lugia

Warning: May contain nuts
I was staring at Entei's Pokedex entries on Veekun because I was bored.

Of course, then I had to notice that Gold's entry says that volcanoes erupt when it barks, and Silver's says that every time a volcano erupts an Entei is born.

They... reproduce by barking o.O

You're looking too far into it.
They're INDIRECTLY giving birth to each other.

Then, you have to realize that because it's a legend, the pokedex info might not be all that accurate.

Well, I looked it up and for Gold it says "Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land.".

Silver's says: "A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears. "

So, they don't reproduce by barking because it says that one is born every time a new volcano appears.

And, being Pokédex entries, they're likely to be horribly inaccurate and filled with exaggerated (or even 100% false) junk.

Most likely, they reproduce by... doing the same thing pretty much everything else does to reproduce. And then probably laying eggs, since they're Pokémon and all Pokémon that can reproduce (except possibly Mew) seem to lay eggs. But since humans probably have never seen this happening, they made up some other explanation instead.

Besides, if one was born every time a volcano appeared (and they can live for 150+ years, considering that the ones Ho-Oh revived are apparently still alive), there'd be a hell of a lot more of them running around. There's a lot of volcanoes in the world.

You're looking too far into it.
They're INDIRECTLY giving birth to each other.

Then, you have to realize that because it's a legend, the pokedex info might not be all that accurate.

But does Nintendo give that much thought?

Well, I looked it up and for Gold it says "Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land.".

Silver's says: "A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears. "

So, they don't reproduce by barking because it says that one is born every time a new volcano appears.

Except that when volcanoes appear they tend to erupt. Otherwise it would just be a mountain with a bunch of magma underneath it, not a volcano.

Back
Top Bottom