• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Experimental Shoddy Tournament

You'll need to explain more than that. What problem are you having, exactly? Does the download not start when you click the link? Does it not install on your computer? What's wrong?

I've consulted with Mewtwo about when we might be able to play against each other, and concluded, so far, that it probably won't happen until Friday. I work evenings all this week, with the exception of the aforementioned day. And I know it was mentioned that the round is supposed to end on Friday. So does that mean that the final day for the first round of matches is Thurs or Fri?

The final day is Friday. If enough people are having problems, however, I might extend it to Saturday.

Well, actually, it downloaded, but I need help in opening it - actually playing it, because it won't open - it won't work.

Well, actually, it downloaded, but I need help in opening it - actually playing it, because it won't open - it won't work.

How close are you able to get it to work? Because if you just get a main screen where it shows only the Official server, at a capacity of 150/100, then you need to either keep refreshing until you get more of a selection of servers to choose from, or you can go into Advanced, input Smogon.com as the server & 50000 as the port, then you'll be able to get the login screen for that particular server.

If it isn't that, then I'm not sure yet what is keeping you from getting online with it.

Do you have Java? Because without it, Shoddy won't run. If you don't have it, you can download it free from java.com.

Do you have Java? Because without it, Shoddy won't run. If you don't have it, you can download it free from java.com.

That's another thing I thought of as well, but wasn't sure if it came with Shoddy or not. I'm not sure only because I used to play Runescape before having Shoddy, and I know Runescape runs off of Java as well.

I... don't know if I have Java. That might work. I'll try downloading it, and then try Shoddy. If you'll excuse me, I am going to check on my RP =D

Um... I don't think me and rock-ground are ever on at the same time... Due to the fact I'm GMT - 7 and he is GMT +8.

:/

Yeah, I figured that might happen. Well, rock-ground's timezone is way off compared to everyone else's, so I think the best thing to do is to pair him with someone who's in GMT. Since no one's battled yet, hm. Why don't you switch places with Terry.T.? Your timezone is also closer to Dragon's, so that should be easier for both of you. I'll update the list and PM Terry, Dragon and rock-ground to let them know about the change.

And does anyone have any preference at all as to how the second round will work out?

I'm hoping I'll be able to get my match with Mewtwo done this evening, after I return hoeme from work. Tomorrow won't work very well, since I work for 8 hours AND I have to get up early in the morning just to do my shift. x.x I've also got another commitment in the evening, so Saturday's a no-go for me doing my match against her.

I apologize for the inconvenience that my always changing work schedule is presenting so far. I thought I was going to have the weekend off, until a few hours ago. >____<

Well, actually, since I haven't heard anything from most people, I'm going to extend the round to Sunday night anyway. If you all can get the matches done by tomorrow that'd be great, but yeah.

Everyone else who hasn't said anything, I suggest you speak up if you're having trouble getting your battles done.

^Damn, rock-ground and I are on wrong time. And I'm not on tomorrow. Kratos, could you find a time for my VS rock-ground. If I can't find a time then, what'll happen?

It isn't my job to make sure you can battle your opponent other than giving you the best opportunity possible, which I have already done. I don't control your schedule or rock-ground's, so it's up to you to find a way to make that work.

The tournament has already been extended to the next day, as I said in the post just above yours. If you can't battle tomorrow, battle on Sunday.

I'm waiting to see what's going on with everyone else before deciding what will happen on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom