• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Video Games Quotes

"Speaking of which, I was researching sharks for an upcoming test. Do you know who else murders people who are only trying to help them?"

"Did you guess 'sharks'? Because that's wrong. The correct answer is 'nobody.' Nobody but you is that pointlessly cruel."

Made me chuckle the first time I heard it. Also Portal 2.

"Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

"Don't let that "horrible person" thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep." -GLaDOS

I agree. Portal & Portal 2 were hilarious!!
--
Especially GLaDOS:
[Portal 1]
1) "Spectacular. You appear to understand how a portal affects forward momentum, or to be more precise, how it does not. Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms: speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."
2) "The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."
3) "That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero."
[Portal 2]
4) "Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that."
5) "These bridges are made from natural light that I pump in from the surface. If you rubbed your cheek on one, it would be like standing outside with the sun shining on your face. It would also set your hair on fire, so don't actually do it."
6) "This next test involves the Aperture Science Aerial Faith Plate. It was part of an initiative to investigate how well test subjects could solve problems when they were catapulted into space. Results were highly informative: They could not. Good luck!"
--
Wheatley was also really funny. :grin:

"Those Shamans are dangerous!"

"No they're not."

"Maybe not one on one, but in a pack, they'll tear your balls off!"

"How would you know?"

"You just want to see my balls."

"Never said I didn't."
~~~
The Announcers-Madworld

I don't think I ever actually got to the sharks quote in Portal 2, but damn is it hilarious.

"If I kill him, do I get a medal?"

"You get two medals!"

-Anonymous cops, Grand Theft Auto III

"Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch in space!"

-Unknown, Mass Effect 2

"YOU ARE OUT OF UNIFORM, SOLDIER! WHERE IS YOUR POWER ARMOR?!...Don't have any? You expect me to believe that, MAGGOT?! The truth is, you've lost an expensive piece of army issue EQUIPMENT! That suit is gonna come out of your pay, and you will remain in this man's army until you are FIIIIIIVE HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS OLD! Which is the number of years it will take for you to pay for a Mark II Power Armor you have LOST!"

-Drill Sergeant Dornan, Fallout 2

Back
Top Bottom