• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

The mafia can kill someone every night (as well as potentially other powers); last night (the second night of the game), Boquise was killed.

I can’t help but find questionable how ILS’s lynch train didn’t have much traction until Keldeo, Mawile and Negrek voted him within the span of less than three minutes, all without much reasoning (although Keldeo moved his vote right after to Otter, yet later in the eod moved back to ILS). Makes me wonder whether this could be indicative of people combining votes on wolfchat, but then again that all could be a coincidence and I don’t feel like there are other reasons to distrust Negrek and Keldeo
aha, that page is a very useful one; thanks for plugging it!

I really do not like the look of Keldeo back there, kickstarting the train and then disavowing it. Mawile's casual bandwagon hop isn't the best look I've seen either. Negrek, at least, I recall having been speculating on ILS a stark ways before contributing a vote, that and I have her clear so.

hmmmmmmmm... I'm totally open to lynching Mawile today, especially if it's what it takes to get some lynching done in this day, but I'd like to see what happens if I press Keldeo.

good mon, better mega, sendieren das tweetung
was? don't make me googletranslatieren you

GOTTA TELL YUO THE TRUTH MFER. IF YOUR NOT POSTING 100 % OF THE TIME. YOU R HURTIGN TOWN. AROOOOOO
hey, leave me out of this

At least in the last game, the trope killer appeared to have some kind of restriction on when/how often they could use their power. They didn't kill anybody for the first couple nights there, either (and then three in one night!).
yeah, I was thinking the same thing -- either that, or an extant trope killer wouldn't want to immediately go executing the first person to claim a trope, because that'd just tip their hand right away. more advantageous, albeit a little risky, to let more people feel safe in doing so

I've been thinking about Boquise getting killed last night. I'm wondering whether it might mean that there's at least one person who plays on MU among the Mafia. Given how many there are in the game, that wouldn't exactly be a surprise, but that's what makes the most sense to me... If Boquise has a reputation as someone that's scary to play against and there aren't a lot of great targets, it seems reasonable that someone familiar with his reputation would want to get rid of him early. Since he also hadn't done much in the game, his death is also one that doesn't give us a lot to work with, and could sow a bit of confusion... Whether that was the intent or not, I think it's definitely done as much! I'm not totally sure who all is in the know about the MU metagame, but my guess is something like... Eifie, Panini, Keldeo, Mist1422? That's actually fewer than I was expecting; there are a lot of new faces in the game, and I don't know how many are coming from MU versus other environments/not actually having played at all.
eh. I feel like most of the MU regulars have been reacting to this like "what? boq? seriously?"; if anything, I feel like it might indicate non-MU regulars in the mob, especially since they figured to doctor-dodge, which is a lot more of an aspect of TCoD mafia play than it seems to be for MU. it's a reeeeeally tenuous thread though, especially considering that the mob is a group which can freely communicate, and there's every reason to expect at least one MU regular and at least one person more accostumed to the local meta (or even, in fact, someone who is both of those things at once); just so long as that's the case, ideas will flow freely between each playstyle

I also wouldn't discredit, or even consider it bad play, for them to have offed boq so as to not let tenuous FoSing develop into something worse, as much as that potentially implicates myself. if they think anything like Eifie does, that's more likely to be the cause than deliberate chaos-stirring, even

(also, ftr, Negrek, today I've been piling up quotes from boq in the previous day; might help you orient your speculation easier)

I should also add that we're literally never going to know because "I didn't feel like playing mafia last night" is 100% valid
sometimes a girl has to spend the half of an entire day playing civilization VI against herself-

at the risk of more "Eifie and MF debate meta-mafia", I do have to say I feel like the whole real-time-engagement expectation sounds a lot more like it belongs in MU than it does on a stage where mafia is a sideshow and has historically been played mostly at pretty slow paces (starting with the 72-hour phase standard, which I'd have to expect is longer than the usual mafia phase in a dedicated mafia forum). I realize that it's more helpful to be on the ball, but such things as taking your time, writing longer posts, and going longer than 2 hours without checking the thread are really a lot less alignment-indicative than the MU players are taking it to be, including the late boq

oh that's what i thought but i wasn't sure. I do know the mafia kills people but i wasn't sure the meaning of the term "offed"
don't make me on you, pal-

Ooooh, melikes longpost!

I really do not like the look of Keldeo back there, kickstarting the train and then disavowing it.

I think he was genuine when he said he wanted to keep both wagons balanced, but I might be taking him for granted.

Speaking of wagons, it’s less than eight hours ’til eod and all people who have been voted up to this point are clocking at a single vote if my count is right. Despite still not being 100% comfortable with it, I’m placing my vote on Mawile for the time being (sorry :c)

oh yeah I keep forgetting to ask this

hey @Panini can you tell me more about the thing where you were like "Keldeo isn't asking questions to the point of excess so I don't think he's mafia right now"? because like a) people have been suspecting Keldeo right now for how many questions he asks, and b) Keldeo asks five gazillion questions as town and is constantly wrongly suspected for it so I don't even get where this would come from. it was also extremely throwaway for someone that I would expect you to be much more careful trying to read especially given the last invitational

at the risk of more "Eifie and MF debate meta-mafia", I do have to say I feel like the whole real-time-engagement expectation sounds a lot more like it belongs in MU than it does on a stage where mafia is a sideshow and has historically been played mostly at pretty slow paces (starting with the 72-hour phase standard, which I'd have to expect is longer than the usual mafia phase in a dedicated mafia forum). I realize that it's more helpful to be on the ball, but such things as taking your time, writing longer posts, and going longer than 2 hours without checking the thread are really a lot less alignment-indicative than the MU players are taking it to be, including the late boq

aside from the fact that you're literally quoting me saying that we'll never be able to tell, the point was that you and Panini both responded to being suspected with a sudden surge of activity that then died down. I'm comparing you to yourself earlier in the game, not to some other standard

Back
Top Bottom