• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

General Help Thread

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Need help with something? Ask a question here, and a member of the HC or another member will be glad to answer it for you.

(NOTE: If you need help with setting up Wi-Fi, please see the thread specifically designed to handle those kinds of questions.)

Last edited:
EDIT: Found it :)

Where do I find out my friend code (Diamond) ? I've checked in my wifi settings and in the PokeCenter but I stil can't find it :(

Last edited:
Is it legal to start a tournament of our own? If so, where and how would we do that?

Last edited:
She edited her post to say that she answered her own question already. >>

I'd really prefer that you PMed your idea for a tournament to me first, although that seems to have been thrown out the window and nothing's gone catastrophically wrong so! Just start a thread and try to garner interest, I suppose.

Not to sound like a [insert word of choice here] but if certain Gym Leaders haven't posted their Gym Threads up what do I do. Do I just designate a skip? Or just wait for them to come back?

And errr whats up with the Crystal League?

I just want to know.

Wait until I work something out, unfortunately. I mean, you can't skip them all.

As for Crystal, I need to refind some of the rules and other things before I can give the gym leaders what they need. And apparently I have to kick two of them out as well D< I'll get to it when I have time.

There's a Friend Code thread somewhere, probably in the Video Games subforum of entertainment.

Um, I'm gonna sound like a friggin idiot. But, I've been looking through some of the Gym Leader threads, and there's like Lv. 50 and Lv. 100 restrictions. So, my question is do the battles take place over the Fight Tower (or whatever, I haven't played diamond in forever >>;), and you like set it to 50 or 100? Or do you need actual Pokemon of that level? Like I said, I feel stupid. But yeah. D:

When you arrange a Wi-Fi match, you can choose single or double battles and either lv. 50, lv. 100, or open level matches. If you choose lv. 50 or lv. 100, all pokémon each player is using will automatically be leveled up (or down) to that level. Only in open level will you fight with pokémon at their actual in-game level.

Uh, no. If it isn't an actual gym battle then no badges should be anted at all, even if you can challenge the other's gym.

hm, suppose it were an actual gym battle. how would that work?

I think it says in the rules that in a battle between Gym Leaders where one is challenging another's gym, they can decide to give the winner the loser's badge or something like that.

hm, suppose it were an actual gym battle. how would that work?

Prime example: the battle I just had with Mewtwo. I challenged her Gym, so we went by her rules. We agreed that the winner gets the loser's badge, like any other Gym battle. Moral of the story is that you treat it like any other Gym Battle.

EDIT: Anybody notice (specifically in Crystal, not sure if its same about Chrome) that everyone's hyped up about reforming the WiFi League, and then NOBODY challenges? Let's see....
-Mewtwo's had one challenger (me)
-Steele has had people interested (me and 2(?) others) but his Wi-Fi's down.
-I'm challengerless.
-As such, Tiers 2 and 3 are also Challengerless.

It is the same in Chrome. I haven't checked the other gyms, but since there hasn't been any general activity, I'd say it's sort of... well, inactive. I've had two challengers, however I had to unexpectedly cancel the second match due to circumstances beyond my control. I sent a reply PM saying we coudl reschedule whenever, and.... I didn't even hear back from that.

As for myself, I'm doing other things and just figured I'd start challenging others once the challenges against me died down... but I guess I needn't have worried about that.

Back
Top Bottom