• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ghost Manor - Choice Pokemafia

one more question, koko

what kind of answer were you expecting from ZM when you asked him what he was thinking of doing with his vote?
honestly nothing specific tbh, was just trying to get any sort of response out of him since he had said basically nothing else and it was, as you said, "quasi-mylo".

his terse answer didn't raise my eyebrows tbh. in the previous game i played with him (when he was town), he also made nothing more than minimal posts on d1, and implied that that was normal for him.

i should note that i don't know what his wolf game looks like, beyond what we saw here.

@kokorico why Herbe last night?
ooh! good question.

so, options were
- hydreigon
- herbe
- mist
- you again, just in case

although i was a little paranoid of the secret!wolf!you possibility (because i was wondering why zori would have included a gunsmith rather than just a cop), i didn't judge it likely enough to risk wasting my check on it

and i figured mist was probably conftown by virtue of d1, since wolf!she could have won by doing literally anything other than fosing zm

to decide between the other two, i basically used my normal cop logic. who would i rather have in towncore, and who would i rather be trying to sort by reads? and the answer is herbe and hydreigon respectively.

so you thought Hydreigon would be easier for you to read than Herbe?

so uh

the factional kill is unassigned

surely this means none of the mafia are capable of killing via their action (unless their actual role action is a killing one)

therefore, if kokorico is a town saddled with a mostly useless action (maybe it can detect an explodey guy), Herbe can still be mafia without shenanigans

@Herbe so if the person you targeted is not using an action that night, are they not vanilla-ized?

who have been your targets?
you're correct

n0 i didn't log on in time so i didn't target anybody (wouldn't have anyway
n1 i targeted mist cause they were the one who asked me to get ice cream for them and so i was being cheeky about it

@Herbe so if the person you targeted is not using an action that night, are they not vanilla-ized?

you're correct

n1 i targeted mist cause they were the one who asked me to get ice cream for them and so i was being cheeky about it

if you vanilla-ize someone, does their action that night still go through?

@Hydreigon25, what are your thoughts on Herbe and on us?
@Hydreigon25 I'm still interested in your answer to this

Herbe seems to be a suspect i have on my PoE list to question today, & you @bbtbh appear town to me so

Town & Town lean

Me

@bbtbh - i town read bbttbh

Null

Kokorico - idk

Scum Lean

Herbe - their claimed role seems suspicious
thanks for answering; why do you town read us?

what do you find suspicious about Herbe's claim?

you're correct

if you vanilla-ize someone, does their action that night still go through?
the specific wording is "wont be able to use it again" so yeah that night's goes through

@Hydreigon25, what are your thoughts on Herbe and on us?
@Hydreigon25 I'm still interested in your answer to this

Herbe seems to be a suspect i have on my PoE list to question today, & you @bbtbh appear town to me so

Town & Town lean

Me

@bbtbh - i town read bbttbh

Null

Kokorico - idk

Scum Lean

Herbe - their claimed role seems suspicious
thanks for answering; why do you town read us?

what do you find suspicious about Herbe's claim?

I'll answer below

i'm a modified vanillizer, i was trying to crumb it by dropping the ice cream thing, if someone is using a move and i target them then they get vanillized. i'm also treestumpy and can talk after death (being ghost and such)

a vanillaizer + tree stump seems like a odd role

see
&

For reference

hrm would wolf koko basically green check two town in f4 tho

it's Possible which is why I have kokorico as null currently

i don't think it's as odd as you're making it out to be, honestly? it would be a super weird thing to fakeclaim and not something i would come up with on my own

hydre i think you need to full claim your entire role now

i don't think it's as odd as you're making it out to be, honestly? it would be a super weird thing to fakeclaim and not something i would come up with on my own

hydre i think you need to full claim your entire role now

you missed it

I think it might actually be Hydreigon tbh

I voted him yesterday hoping to prompt him into his usual "why would you vote a town for no reason?" and stuff but instead just got nothing

i wonder if there is a town roleblocker that would block someone with a town protective role
are you claiming doctor?

:eek: what made it obvious ?

Night 0 i protected Herbe 🤦‍♂️

so you thought Hydreigon would be easier for you to read than Herbe?
well, that's not quite the full context; what i meant is, i would rather be able to trust herbe and have his help figuring out hydreigon than the reverse

in general i have very little confidence in my tonereads, as you know

so uh

the factional kill is unassigned

surely this means none of the mafia are capable of killing via their action (unless their actual role action is a killing one)
yeah, i'm paraphrasing the role PM since quoting is disallowed

i am 99% certain that the mafia nightkill would count as a killing action (in part because that's how gunsmith always works and seshas explicitly said this was a shenaniganless game)

i will ask just in case though

oh. there is one other thing that's just occurred to me on looking at my role pm, which is that zori has not been repeating back to me the names of my targets, as is common for investigative roles. so redirection is theoretically possible.

it's too late at night for me to figure out if this actually presents any more possibilities, but i'll think about it tomorrow and get back to you
i have thought about it and am getting back to you

the only possibility i can think of that would also explain hydreigon's kill not going through is that herbe is a mafia bus driver who swapped himself and mist. however, i don't think this works because, as twooloo pointed out, a herbe fakeclaim would make their own role next to useless. (it would also be absurd in terms of balance)

so while it might have been important to at least consider the possibility, i no longer think it merits discussion

hydreigon's kill not going through
er, hydreigon's heal.

i am 99% certain that the mafia nightkill would count as a killing action (in part because that's how gunsmith always works and seshas explicitly said this was a shenaniganless game)

i will ask just in case though
zori has confirmed that a wolf who is capable of performing the mafia nightkill would indeed inspect as red to me, regardless of their role.

I was hoping Herbe would say he vanilla-ized Hydreigon n0

the other simple possibility is that Mist was a roleblocker and blocked Hydreigon

Back
Top Bottom