• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Good news and bad news.

J.T.

wat
Good news: My mother just finished getting through my report card. Straight A's. :D

Bad news: She still thinks I'm stupid.

Good news: This is evidenced because I've been seeing her look at countless SPCA and humane society sites, looking at pictures of dogs that are all, totally completely obviously coincidentally, up for adoption within the city, and she expects me to believe she's just looking "because they're cute". Note that she even had to hesitate for a few seconds to think up that excuse.

This isn't just a spur-of-the-moment thing. It's been happening for months since we had our fence built in our backyard, which my dad has cited as the main reason we couldn't have a dog before.

In case I'm not being subtle enough, I think my mom's trying to surprise the family with a dog. The last time she tried to surprise us with anything major was the time we went to Florida three years back, and she couldn't hold out, so I'm hoping she'll drop the ball and outright confirm my suspicions pretty soon.

Note that I've never had anything like a dog as a pet before; I've had a bunch of goldfish that I killed when I accidentally turned up the water temperature (hey, I was three, leave me alone), a hamster, a toad, and a betta fish. (The toad kinda pissed me off; the first time I tried to feed him his crickets, a few got out, but rather than teaching me how to keep the crickets from getting free, my parents decided to ban me from trying to feed my own pet. Then, when they forgot to feed the toad for a few weeks on end and he starved to death, they blamed me. um, wat.) The fish is the only one who's survived to this day.

I'm seriously excited for this, because I love all animals, and I've wanted a dog since I was about five. So this is really big to me.

Fingers crossed. :D

None whatsoever; she hasn't really been expressing a preference in anything, but then again, neither do I.

Go for a lab, those dogs go great with children, are pretty tame, short haired, and have a great disposition...They're just big.

Good job with the A's!

Back
Top Bottom