• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

I admit I am most concerned about RNP's claim. Pardon my language, but surely this is quite the "bastard" role, is it not? If we have no other choices today, it seems our best option may be to vote RNP, since losing such a role would not be a great loss to the town if he is telling the truth, and it will only continue to be a source of confusion for us in the long run.
Having said this, we should also be cautious not to vote for any impostors of the extraterrestrial kind, especially given the lack of a death last night. Such a role is so outlandish is nearly screams "vote for me now".

Why were you so interested in the action that dear Blu used to target me? It seems a bit forward to ask him to claim his role so soon.
Because I know that it happened due to my own night action - I wanted to have mew information regarding that.

If we have no other choices today, it seems our best option may be to vote RNP, since losing such a role would not be a great loss to the town if he is telling the truth, and it will only continue to be a source of confusion for us in the long run.
Well, miller-ish roles could feasibly have an upside as well as a drawback, so loosing RNP might as well be bad for us. Also, me and the Pokémon I borrowed from Giovanni could play Cat and Mouse with him tonight to check his claim. Meow about it?

That said... Bluwiikoon, would you mind telling meow what action you targeted Vipera Mafnifica with? 😼
Why were you so interested in the action that dear Blu used to target me? It seems a bit forward to ask him to claim his role so soon.
yeah it was kind of an awkward question on read, though i also think it's sort of reminiscent of something town!ultracool says maybe? if he's tracker i can understand him (maybe sort of rashly) trying to get intel that way, even if pushing for a claim is kind of meh

being serious, though, I was going to chew people out for revealing stuff this early in the game, but actually I'm starting to wonder whether the traditional received wisdom of "avoid hinting at your role, even vaguely talking about how powerful it is, to stop the mafia figuring out the best targets" is still valid? it seems like many actions have a cost in badges to use, which means they're useless unless you can successfully indicate to your townie allies how useful it would be for them to distribute theirs to you. I don't think I'm quite at the point of wanting to actually claim anything, but... hmm. anyone want to try to talk me into it or out of it?
ftr, this is where i'm at :T

I admit I am most concerned about RNP's claim. Pardon my language, but surely this is quite the "bastard" role, is it not? If we have no other choices today, it seems our best option may be to vote RNP, since losing such a role would not be a great loss to the town if he is telling the truth, and it will only continue to be a source of confusion for us in the long run.
i don't really understand this, even if we were operating under the logic of "who sucks least for town to lose" 1/4 of the way into d1 (which we shouldn't be), it's not as if we even know he wouldn't be "that much" of a loss for town?! like intimidate is presumably just one of his however many moves and it isn't even directly town-harmful

biased because off of role (+how he went about claiming), at face value, i don't think he's >rand mafia and i also think that this approach isn't that useful for scumhunting. if anything i guess it could be a vig option or whatever, or yeah, a last-resort lynch

-m

I'm happy to let RNP vibe and have someone check him out if everyone else is! 😄 I doubt he's alien, but it looks like sir Ultracool could detect any suspicious activity if needed
yeah i mean. it is early yet. it's just that if EoD were now ... i wouldn't necessarily want to lynch him and am a little predisposed to go D: whenever anyone points out a possible lynch target this early in the Day

(sorry vm)
-m

I admit I am most concerned about RNP's claim. Pardon my language, but surely this is quite the "bastard" role, is it not?
i wouldn’t really describe it as bastardy at all.
agreeing with my other head that i don’t see any advantage in yeeting rnp. even if his claim isn’t an instant clear, it’s not incriminating either, and “it’s confusing” isn’t really a good reason to yeet; there are still other ways to resolve him, by watching his day play or by tracking him.
-q

a possibility I've not seen mentioned yet: there was no N0 kill because the mafia's nightkill has a badge cost.
hahahaha omg
or maybe mawile's cannoneer/stored kills mechanic + the badge mechanic desu? that would be hilarious
-m
Bro if that's the case, should we be wary of folks asking for badges? 😲 Though I guess we don't know unless N1 is also deathless!

It feels like a lot of stuff has happened already, but I also agree that it's too early to know what to do or whom to vote for. 😲 BM how do you feel about the vote on Zori? (I think it was Ysabel that voted them, but I'd have to double check! Hungry brain!)

i don't really understand this, even if we were operating under the logic of "who sucks least for town to lose" 1/4 of the way into d1 (which we shouldn't be), it's not as if we even know he wouldn't be "that much" of a loss for town?! like intimidate is presumably just one of his however many moves and it isn't even directly town-harmful

biased because off of role (+how he went about claiming), at face value, i don't think he's >rand mafia and i also think that this approach isn't that useful for scumhunting. if anything i guess it could be a vig option or whatever, or yeah, a last-resort lynch

-m
Hmm... yes, I see your point. I voiced my concerns about RNP because I had a myriad of doubts about his role and alignment, given the role of miller in recent games, but perhaps we should reserve judgment until after we have at least confirmed this one part of his role. I will volunteer to use my action on him if no one confirms it today, since my power is not all that useful on its own.

in re: claiming, i would ask: what benefit does it actually provide you? unless you think that the mafia all have strictly scummy powers, massclaiming probably won’t be super useful in helping us sort them out, but it does give them a ton of information for free. i think we should be thinking in terms of “why” rather than “why not” here.

Back
Top Bottom