• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 Sign-Ups

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
's been a long time, hasn't it? just two and a half years, but it felt something closer to three thousand-

anyway, welcome to MFia! some of you haven't directly experienced the phenomenon, I guess. here be where the roles are trippy, experiments are running all over the place, and however much the flavor text is dripping with humour and drama, all you're ever really getting out of the GM is her evil laughter

now let's hope all of that boasting ages well, hm? and here are some rules:

-Day and Night phases will last 48 hours each (but we've had a lot of back-and-forth on phase lengths recently so I'm open to negotiation on this one)
-after we start, don't talk about the game outside of the game thread, except if I've given you express permission to (and then, only in the situations where I've given you express permission to); this includes reading other people's private discussions. ... although I mean, the creeperbag for which I specifically added that specification isn't around anymore, so, do I bother to keep typing that out-
-abstaining is free. and just this once, I'm not replacing "free" with a flavor-appropriate joke
-if the lynch poll is tied at the end of the Day, there'll first be a 24h time extension, and if there's still a tie after that, the lynch will be decided randomly. this includes if no votes to lynch have been cast at all, in which case, the lynch will be decided randomly out of all the players. (this is one time extension less than the classic MFia standard, by the way; don't get confused!)
-don't post screenshots of confidential game PMs -- ie, your role PM, your night event updates, your legal private communication, etc. just this once, I'll also have to put the kibosh on directly quoting such PMs as well; it'll be several folks' first go of receiving an MFia game PM, after all
-expect shenanigans and, depending on your standards, expect borderline bastardry
-this is a Choice game. what this means is, you pick the flavor that goes with your role. our theme this time is Gym Leaders, so, name the one you'd like to be as you sign up. trial captains and island kahunas from Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon are also welcome. note, however, that alignments and roles will still be assigned to players randomly; the choice of flavor is immaterial to that -- don't be surprised if, say, Giovanni turns up not mafia

and lastly, as MFia is wont to, this game is featuring a special mechanic, so, allow me to introduce the Badge Rules:
-if you die, on the phase right afterwards, you choose some players and bestow them Badges; the amount of badges you distribute is determined by your role
-generally, each role in the game will have additional abilities that they can use by expending Badges. this means that using such abilities requires them to have received Badges from another player, and frequent use will require more Badges
-note that, if you die while you still have Badges, you still only give away the Badges specified by your role; the Badges you received from others remain on you

anyways, I'll be looking for 16 to 18 players for this setup -- that said, we're most likely not starting for another good long while (we'd be rolling, let's see... after Tarot Mafia, ACNH Mafia and Out of Context TV Tropes Mafia Quotes Mafia are all done, or at least mostly done?), so, this is more of a foot in the door plus interest check than a final sign-up call. in fact, I'll probably ask everyone to re-confirm entries once we're closer to starting. this also means no rush on the flavor choice just yet; that'll only be necessary once we're confirming entries

Definitely in! Do Anime- Exclusive Gym Leaders count? What about people who only held onto that position temporarily, or as part of a Team like the Leaders of Rayono City?

Definitely in! Do Anime- Exclusive Gym Leaders count? What about people who only held onto that position temporarily, or as part of a Team like the Leaders of Rayono City?
I'm going to allow it, but you'll have to show me who the character is; I don't watch the anime

and collective leaders like Tate & Liza are fine; anyone remember that stint with all four of the go-rock quads-

I'm going to allow it, but you'll have to show me who the character is; I don't watch the anime

and collective leaders like Tate & Liza are fine; anyone remember that stint with all four of the go-rock quads-
I'd love to take Meowth, since he fulfills all of those criteria at once due to Team Rocket collectively leading Viridian Gym temporarily in the Anime :smile:

(I'd fully understand if you rule that as not being allowed, btw - it's absolutely based on a technicality)

Back
Top Bottom