• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Musical Mafia 2021

actually if ultracool dies and game isnt over it literally doesn't matter if I say who i block because if i guess wrong then we lose

Sorry guys, end of semester got me discombobulated, day end post coming soon !

Final votecount:

Mr. Ultracool (sanderidge, zori)
Zori (mr. ultracool)

As the twilight sets, Elizabeth Schuyler takes Philip and Alexander's hands in each of her own, and walks with them to the courtyard of their estate.

She confesses that she doused each of Alexander's letters that he sent to other people in gasoline, and lit them aflame, resulting in the deaths of her sister, the president, and Alexander's political rivals alike.

Nobody needs to know. The Hamiltons move uptown, bonded by necessity to keep Eliza's secret, and learn to live with the unimaginable...

Elizabeth Schuyler (sanderidge) wins!
Town and mafia both lose.

Thank you all so much for playing!​

ggwp all

f4 was hard because well
there weren't actually any mafia
and thats why nothing felt right

can we get full roles?

I assume that the mafia team was M&F/Indigo but I don't want use that in postgame discussion that until it's confirmed

Role PMs:
Thomas Jefferson

"I'll pull the trigger on him, someone load the gun and cock it!"

Your alignment is: Mafia
Your mafia partner is: Qenya, James Madison

Your power is: Piss them off until we have a two-party system
(Lyrics from "Washington On Your Side" and "What'd I Miss," respectively)

You are the primary mafia member, and you have final say on the nightly kill. Each night, additionally, you can use your power by targeting a player. If you target a player with Piss Them Off, the next day phase a phrase will be included: "CHARACTER NAME is pissed off!" Note: NOT player name. For example, if you targeted Qenya, the next day there would be a message in the day phase stating "James Madison is pissed off!" Whichever player you've targeted will be blackmailed, and will not be allowed to post in the game thread for the duration of that day.

Mafia wins at parity. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!
James Madison

"Maybe we could solve one problem with another, and win a victory for the southerners, in other words..."

Your alignment is: Mafia
Your mafia partner is: M&F, Thomas Jefferson

Your power is: Room Where It Happens and Southern Motherfucking Democratic Republicans

Room Where It Happens:
You have the power to neighbourize one vanilla townie into a non-powered mafia member. You have nights 0 through 3 to target players with this power, and if you have not targeted a vanilla townie by then this power expires.

SMDR: If you choose to use this power instead of Room Where It Happens, the mafia kill will go through as a strongman kill. You can only use one power or the other each night, and after night 3, SMDR is only useable on odd-numbered nights.

Good luck, I'll create the mafia dm soon, and let me know if you have any questions! Mafia wins at parity, not majority.
Angelica Schuyler:

"I'm looking for a mind at work!"

Your alignment is: Town

Your power is: Investigation

Every night phase, you may send me a player name and you will get a result of either Not Mafia or Mafia when the day phase starts.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions!
Philip Hamilton

"The scholars say I got the same virtuosity and brains as my pops, the ladies say my brain's not where the resemblance stops..."

Your power is: Daily Poet

Each night you may compose a message and send it to me, and it will be posted at the start of the post the next day phase in this format:

Daily Poem:
" [whatever you indicate is the message] "

I abstain from placing rules and restrictions on your poems considering you're the one that randed Philip. Have fun with this one, Keith!
Alexander Hamilton

Your power is: Non-Stop and Yo, Let's Steal Their Cannons

Non-Stop:
At any time, you may talk to any player through the tucker account. You must include me in the DMs. (This power activates as soon as Night 0 begins.)

Yo, Let's Steal Their Cannons: Each night, you may choose a player to use this power on. If they have a killing power, it is stripped for the night.

Aaron Burr

"I am the one thing in life I can control!"

Your power is: Wait For It

You are a vanilla townie until Day 3. At the beginning of that day phase, you will receive a power randomized from a secret list.

John Laurens

"You and I, do or die..."

Your power is: Field Medic

You've learned plenty first aid in your time on the battlefield in the American Revolution. Each night you may visit a player, and if they've been injured you'll patch them up.

Good luck - lemme know if you have any questions!
George Washington:

"You could have been anywhere in the world tonight, but you're here with us in New York City. Are you ready for a cabinet meeting?"

Your power is: Cabinet Battle (aka The Thing)

During the night phase, you may schedule a cabinet battle for the next day by messaging me: "It's time for a Cabinet Battle: I nominate player name and player name."

Once invoked, the next day phase will be the Cabinet Battle itself. I will announce it at the end of the post, and explain the rules and announce who has been nominated.

Cabinet Battle Rules:

During the day of a Cabinet Battle, only the two nominated players may speak in the game thread. All other players are only allowed to post their votes or unvotes for one nominated player or the other. During a cabinet battle, there is no option to abstain, and all players must cast a vote. The cabinet battle will last the length of a normal day phase.

"Remember, my decision on this matter is not subject to congressional approval: the only person you have to convince is me"

If you choose to hold a second cabinet battle, the rules will appear the same to everyone else, but your vote will be the only one that counts. This is not the case for the first cabinet battle, only the second one.

Good luck! If you have any questions, let me know.
Lafayette

"I come back with more guns, and ships, and so the balance shifts..."

Your power is: Guns pour tout le monde

You have three guns. During each night phase, you may send me the name of one player and they will be given a gun, giving them a one-shot vig power to hold on to.

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!
Elizabeth Schuyler

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative..."

You are self-aligned.

Your power is: Burn

You are an arsonist. You have two burns. To use a burn, you may send me the message at any time: "I hope that they burn." Don't worry about targeting players to prime for dousing; arson works in mysterious ways. The next day phase, you will see the results of your action.

Your win condition is as follows:
You can win by ending the game with only Philip Hamilton, Alexander Hamilton, and you surviving.
If Philip Hamilton dies, your goal is to be the last player alive.

Notes:

In hindsight there's a lot I didn't think through in this game, but luckily a lot of the stuff that I didn't think through didn't end up coming up - and I would have figured something out anyway. This game has been sitting in drafts on my laptop for so long, and I'm so happy we finally got the chance to see it play out. I'm kinda impressed Eliza got the wincon met by day 2, honestly. If I could go back and redesign the game while Not going through like, one of my toughest semesters yet, I'd definitely have plenty that I'd tweak, but I had a lot of fun watching and I think it went pretty well, and I hope you all had fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom