• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Have you read the ink series?

TheBluejay

Inkheart, inkspell and inkdeath. It's a fantasy trilogy about these people who can read characters to life from rich stories but at times at a price.

The story itself is just beautiful, the way it was written, the attention to detail and every chapter has a quote from poems to other novels from well known authors like ray bradbury, emily dickenson and j.k. rowling. Most of the time it's an inspirational quote that compels me to write. Any lover of literature should just give it a read. Ignore the movie though.

So has anybody here read them?

They were decent enough kid's books I guess. Cornelia Funke has an awful problem with telling instead of showing when it comes to her villains though. The other characters go on and on about how horribly evil the villain is while speaking about him in hushed, dramatic tones and blah blah.... but he never lives up the hype. He just blusters about and makes silly decisions. It was much worse in Dragon rider with Nettlebrand though.

Also.... I can't stop laughing at the name Dustfinger. The whole noun + noun naming scheme gets a bit silly at some points.

Inkspell was much more exciting than Inkheart, though it did have much of the same problems. Didn't care enough about the series to bother getting Inkdeath though. The covers and illustrations are so nice too.

Last edited:
I own Inkheart and Inkspell, but I never managed to get through them.

I did like Dragon Rider though.

A few years ago I read Inkheart and half of Inkspell (got really boring partway through). Then I picked it back up, finished it, and read Inkdeath. Worth it.

I read Inkheart, enjoyed it. I read Inkspell, didn't. It killed any interest I had in reading Inkdeath, so I've never finished the trilogy. I've been meaning to try again just to get 'er done as they say.

I liked Inkheart, and I'm pretty sure I read Inkspell but I don't remember it so I don't really have an opinion on it?

I remember starting Inkdeath and quitting in anger at some point, though that was like three or four years ago so maybe I'll try again sometime hahaha

Back
Top Bottom