• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

hopeandjoy vs. Totodile

Okay Ganymede. Give her some more of your Psychic. If she tries to use Attract, Captivate, Toxic, or some other status-inducing thing, Magic Coat. If she Protects, or if she hits the damage cap, just Chill.

Psychic/Magic Coat/Chill x3

Format: 3 v. 3, single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 25% i guess idk man
Banned/Restricted Moves: idk nothing i guess
Round 6
hopeandjoy (OOO)
Currently out: Morgan
or3u39.gif

Female Flabébé [Flower Veil]
Health: 55% / Energy: 59%
Condition: Still a good bit in love with herself.
Commands: Petal Blizzard/Chill ~ Petal Blizzard/Chill ~ Petal Blizzard/Chill

Totodile (OOO)
Currently out: Ganymede
2j4u241.gif

Male Ralts [Trace Flower Veil] @ Dawn Stone
Health: 52% / Energy: 60%
Condition: Looking for a bunker.
Commands: Psychic/Magic Coat/Chill ~ Psychic/Magic Coat/Chill ~ Psychic/Magic Coat/Chill

Arena:
The brand-spanking newly renovated ASB forums look nice, right?

Let's fix that.

Battle on the ASB forum. Make sure not to accidentally step on a link or something.
Arena status: Arena status: The browser is back on the ASB forums proper, and it is covered in blue petals. Extensive arena damage is causing the virtual fabric of the location to tear and crack.

-----​

There was definitely no more trickery up the sleeves of the battling Pokémon -- only constant, repeated, all-out attacks.

Firstly, Morgan started spinning again, buffetting her enemy with swirling petals that slashed and struck like fanblades. Then, Ganymede repeated his usual attack, deepening the cracks on the arena as he tossed his foe into it forcefully -- her light weight being the only reason the damage hasn't been ridiculous so far. And yet, it was already starting to accumulate...

The Flabébé continued her previous attack, but this time, she managed to aim for a weak spot that the opponent had carelessly left unguarded as he performed his own move. The just properly aimed attack dealt massive damage, although its user was beginning to look ragged from the continued attack -- her petals had even shrunk in size. But regardless, the Ralts went down for a moment, and glew a pale red as he rose back to his feet. He also repeated his move, slowly starting to give himself a headache from the constant exertion as he did, and leaving his enemy with a great lot of bruises and, of course, a red glow of her own.

The two thorougly battered Pokémon finally took a truce then, each moving to their own corner for rest until the beginning of the rest round. Meanwhile, some sort of dark matter started to jut out from the worse cracks on the battlefield...

Round 6 – End

hopeandjoy (OOO)
or3u39.gif

Health: 30% [Capped] / Energy: 59%
Condition: Running short on petals.
Performed: Petal Blizzard ~ Petal Blizzard (critical) ~ Chill

Totodile (OOO)
2j4u241.gif

Health: 27% [Capped] / Energy: 62%
Condition: Starting to get a headache.
Performed: Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Chill​

Arena status: The browser is back on the ASB forums proper, and it is covered in blue petals. Extensive arena damage is causing the virtual fabric of the location to tear and crack, and the deeper wounds of the arena are starting to leak a strange dark energy.

Additional notes:
- Petal Blizzard on the second action was a critical hit and dealt exactly enough damage to hit the damage cap.
- Psychic on the second action caused another hit to the damage cap.
- hopeandjoy commands first next round.

Morgan, let's go all out again. Your primary goal is to attack with Petal Blizzard all three actions. If Ganymede Protects or you hit the damage cap attacking Ganymede, use Synthesis. If Ganymede tries to status you, use Magic Coat.

Petal Blizzard/Synthesis/Magic Coat x3

Let's be similarly straightforward, Ganymede. Smack her around with Psychic a few times. If she's hit the damage cap attacking you, then let her try to use Synthesis before Snatching that for yourself. If she hasn't done that but you've hit the damage cap attacking her, or if you've already Snatched Synthesis, use Light Screen instead on the third action. I guess that's not really straightforward, but oh well.

Psychic ~ Psychic/Snatch ~ Psychic/Snatch/Light Screen

Finally got around to this. Sorry for the long wait!

Round 7
hopeandjoy (OOO)
or3u39.gif

Health: 30% / Energy: 59%
Condition: Running short on petals.
Commands: Petal Blizzard/Synthesis/Magic Coat ~ Petal Blizzard/Synthesis/Magic Coat ~ Petal Blizzard/Synthesis/Magic Coat

Totodile (OOO)
2j4u241.gif

Health: 27% / Energy: 62%
Condition: Starting to get a headache.
Commands: Psychic ~ Psychic/Snatch ~ Psychic/Snatch/Light Screen

Arena:

Let's fix that.

Battle on the ASB forum. Make sure not to accidentally step on a link or something.
Arena status: The browser is back on the ASB forums proper, and it is covered in blue petals. Extensive arena damage is causing the virtual fabric of the location to tear and crack, and the deeper wounds of the arena are starting to leak a strange dark energy.

-----​

The truce was over, and the Pokémon would begin to attack each other all-out again. The repetitive move wore them down -- Ganymede found it increasingly difficult to concentrate, and Morgan's flurry attacks seemed to decrease in intensity as could spare and summon less and less petals. At least, the stale blows seemed to become easy to get used to as each one landed...

But it wasn't only the battling Pokémon who were grinding each other down to the dust. Their fighting continued to damage the virtual surface that they stood upon. Eventually, there was a massive hole where the header banner once was... And shadowy apparitions began to form from it. They shaped roughly into a Charizard and a Butterfree, and they didn't seem to have come around just to live alongside each other.

Morgan could only stare at the sillouettes in abject horror, while Ganymede tried to protect himself with a lustering veil of energy. Would that suffice? Or perhaps the bugs just wouldn't slash up the dragons that much... The intentions of those eldritch images were unknowable.

Round 7 – End

hopeandjoy (OOO)
or3u39.gif

Health: 5% [Capped] / Energy: 48%
Condition: Has not got enough flower to deal with this crap.
Performed: Petal Blizzard ~ Petal Blizzard ~ Petal Blizzard

Totodile (OOO)
2j4u241.gif

Health: 4% / Energy: 57%
Condition: Muttering assurance to himself.
Performed: Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Light Screen​

Arena status: The browser is back on the ASB forums proper, and it is covered in blue petals. Shadowed forms of a Charizard and Butterfree have appeared from a gaping hole in the structure of the forums.

Additional notes:
- Morgan hit the damage cap on the second action.
- The apparitions won't do anything unless all the trainers involved here are fine with it. If you'd both rather them do something, feel free to either specify (arena's yours and all) or leave it up to me.
- Totodile commands first next round.

I'm good with whatever the apparitions do or don't do.

Ganymede, hang on just a little bit longer. Make sure to hit first with Shadow Sneak. If she tries to use Synthesis, Snatch it; if she Protects, just Chill.

Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill x3

Round 8
hopeandjoy (OOO)
or3u39.gif

Health: 5% / Energy: 48%
Condition: Has not got enough flower to deal with this crap.
Commands: Tackle ~ Tackle ~ Tackle

Totodile (OOO)
2j4u241.gif

Health: 4% / Energy: 57%
Condition: Muttering assurance to himself.
Commands: Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill ~ Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill ~ Shadow Sneak/Snatch/Chill

Arena:

Let's fix that.

Arena status: The browser is back on the ASB forums proper, and it is covered in blue petals. Shadowed forms of a Charizard and Butterfree have appeared from a gaping hole in the structure of the forums.

-----​

The referee's awaiting flag had the battling Pokemon in tense wait, as gunmen with their backs to each other, taking the one step away from each other before they can turn and commence their quick-draw duel.

A split second from the word go, the motion began anew. Ganymede vanished from sight, deviously leaving his foe in the dark for a moment longer before appearing where he was least expected. However, he couldn't make the best on the opportunity due to his rather frail strength, and the attack left him wide open. Morgan seized the chance to bring him down with a fluttering divebomb, and the wasn't getting back up.

For a moment, it seemed as if the Flabebe too was down from the recoil of the downards barge, but, covered in bruises as she was, she was ready for another round.

And still, the strange shadows watched... What could they be up to?

Round 8 – End

hopeandjoy (OOO)
or3u39.gif

Health: 1% / Energy: 45%
Condition: Hovering weakly.
Performed: Tackle

Totodile (OOO)
ralts
Health: 0% / Energy: 54%
Condition: Flat on his back.
Performed: Shadow Sneak​

Additional notes:
- Next round, Totodile sends out, then hopeandjoy commands, then Totodile commands and I ref.

Last edited:
Ganymede had to figure out if Morgan was using Synthesis or Protect before resolving the conditions of his commands. Although, come to think of it, I think I do usually let priority attacks be used reactively with their priority kept... Hmmmmmm. Urf, not a good brain day.

Alright, I changed up the reffing, but Shadow Sneak couldn't KO Morgan anyway, so it's not exactly a world of difference in there.

Well, it's been ~2 months so I figure it's DQ time. :\ Totodile wins and gets $8, MF gets $5 for reffing. Exp/happiness will be distributed by the db.

Back
Top Bottom