• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Pokémon can you name?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he

For the past week or two I've been challenging myself to name as many Pokémon as I can, and tried to name them in as close to Pokédex order as I could. I've reached the point where I don't think I'm going to improve any more - The total number I can name is around 790 with gens 1-6 being complete.

I've only played Moon and Shield through once each so it's not that much of a surprise that I'm not that strong on the latest two generations.

I got sniped by this for an hour and got up to 958/1008, including all of Gen 1-4. I was missing:
  • Tympole line, Unova fossils, Alomomola
  • Litleo line, Hawlucha
  • Comfey, Oranguru, Passimian, Pyukumuku, Dhelmise
    • (The first three were all in a row and I thought I was looking for a three-stage :C)
  • Gossifleur line, Silicobra line, Sizzlipede line, Pincurchin, Snom line, Duraludon
  • About a third of Paldea b/c they don't have proper icons for them so who knows lol

In dex order? Idk, but I remember memorizing up to Gen IV in high school. 5th Gen came out after I graduated.

So for the past couple of weeks I've been redoing this trying to achieve both 1) first 7 generations complete, and 2) at least 900.

I finally did it, although every time there's always ones I remembered previously but didn't that time. One time I spent ages trying to work our what two pokemon I was missing from gen 1, one pokemon form gen 5, and one from Hisui. It turns out I was missing Tentacool and Tentacruel, even though I'd already got Toedscool and Toesdscruel.
As for the Hisui one, I was pretty sure it was an evolved regional form but couldn't work out if it was related to the missing gen 1 or gen 5 one. But I was only missing one and I was certain that all of the Hisuian forms of gen 1 pokemon were two-stage with both having a regional form. Then I looked at gen 5 and thought "if can't be that either because the only evolved form of a gen 5 pokemon that doesn't have its own form is Basculegion and I've already got..." it was Basculin and Besculegion that I was missing.

Back
Top Bottom