• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hypothetical Types

I remember having light and heal type pokemon in fake games of mine xD

And, in my older fake series, i also had 'cosmic' and 'dream'. Which were mainly types for the main legendaries of those games :P

i used to be a big fan of the light type, but i think between fairy, electric, and normal it's not really necessary anymore.
i'm not sure what types i'd add. i haven't seen any fake types that made me go "oh that's smart!" in a long time. i guess maybe i'd like some renaming of types, like flying -> wind/air, or grass -> plant.
the fan-made gaiien pokédex has some derivative types like crystal types and toxic types and whatnot which is kind of a neat idea but i'm not sure i'd put it in my own work—i think it strays too far from the main vibe of pokémon for me.

Personally I have never been a fan of alternative types, though I was excited by the idea of triple-typed 'mons. Once I created a chandelier fakemon (before Chandelure; I was inspired by a chandelier at my grandparents') that was grass/ghost/steel, which I now realize is Basically Dhelmise.

Honestly the thing about Pokemon is that its type structure is getting a little old and creaky (I mean for Pete's sake it's almost 30) and there's not a lot of ways they can give types fluidity without absolutely crushing other types.

I remembered going over Flying Press to see if there was some 'mon it could hit for 8x damage, and it can't. hit for supereffective damage on more than 1 type at a time. I feel a lot of type fluidity is locked behind those concerns.

Sound Type

Weak to: Normal (because the most simple of things can disrupt noises), Dragon (aaaah Dragons!!! so why not?)
Strong to: Fairy (I dunno, try screaming at a hatterene/cutiefly/clefable and see how that goes for you), Steel (some noises can totally DESTROY metal and steeel), Water (idk why not)

Immune to: NOTHING

One of my favorite gag types i've come up with is a SWEETS type, which is basicly a type for all the sugary junky themed stuff pokemon xP

Had to mention that. Probably pops up in my head every now and then cos I am so girly lol

Maybe bird type could be the resulting type combination of normal and flying, i.e. a bird monotype = a normal-flying dual-type. That way you could do triple types without having to add a third type (e.g a steam type that is fire/water, or a marsh type that is water/ground).

Back
Top Bottom