• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Iceland!

Squirrel

Lalala, lalala~
We're going there on holiday in mid-July and I was wondering if any of you knew any good stuff to do there that's reachable by public transportation. In particular, I'd really love to go to a beach with sea glass (and/or pebbles and shells) or see a waterfall with a good amount of trees/naturey things around it. The guide book also mentioned beaches with reddish/pinkish sand, but nothing specific. Thanks if you can help!

Last edited:
OBVIOUSLY the #1 thing to do in Iceland is meeting up with me, right? Right? :D

Since you're thinking public transportation, you'll want to look at coaches. The website doesn't look very informative at a glance, but hopefully it's not indecipherable. We have some rather boring black-sand beaches around Reykjavík, and they do have pebbles and shells if that's what you're after, but they're not overly interesting. Not sure if the coaches go to places like Rauðisandur (red/pink sand), but if they do, that's also an option.

The coolest waterfalls in Iceland, in my opinion, are Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss. The most popular, however, tends to be Gullfoss, which is also conveniently close to Geysir (which itself is inactive nowadays, but is in a wider area of geothermal activity with other active geysers that go off all the time), so that's definitely one trip to make. Otherwise you might really want to just check out the coach destinations and see what you think you might enjoy.

OBVIOUSLY the #1 thing to do in Iceland is meeting up with me, right? Right? :D

Uuh... I can give it a try if you'd like and are around? We're there from the twelfth through the twenty-eigth and renting out a flat in Reykjavik.
And thanks for the coach/waterfall info! Is there anything that you'd generally recommend personally?

Back
Top Bottom