• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Implicit Association Test

Apparently I have no significant preference for gay vs. straight and also no significant preference for European-Americans vs. African-Americans. Huh. Good.

! I see! That makes a lot more sense. I still don't think the tests are very great, though, but mainly because I hesitated later on because things switched sides and suddenly my fingers had to do something different! It's a cool idea, I just can't see the tests actually being of much use.

Think of it this way: if you ask anyone if they are prejudiced, what are they going to say? This test provides a way to tap into your subconcious to see what's really buried there. we are all a little biased, at least internally. you would be surprised at how long the wikipedia's list of biases is. of course the results for individuals may not always be too objective; the order the tests are presented does matter, which the website is the first to admit, and now that you mention trousers on the sexuality test i am convinced each test has a number of different versions. on the other hand, this test is useful for the testers collecting large amounts of data to gage prejudice in society as a whole.

エル.;557626 said:
Think of it this way: if you ask anyone if they are prejudiced, what are they going to say? This test provides a way to tap into your subconcious to see what's really buried there. we are all a little biased, at least internally. you would be surprised at how long the wikipedia's list of biases is. of course the results for individuals may not always be too objective; the order the tests are presented does matter, which the website is the first to admit, and now that you mention trousers on the sexuality test i am convinced each test has a number of different versions. on the other hand, this test is useful for the testers collecting large amounts of data to gage prejudice in society as a whole.

Everyone is very biased about everything, because prejudices are largely society-wide internalised things! But my point is that it's not really a very useful set of tests, because I found it quite tricky to work out where the test wanted me to put my fingers next.

Back
Top Bottom