• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Incomplete nearly-random Platinum team

JT's got the idea. I tried to stop the fight in my previous post. JT's caught on. Now sreservoir is making an arguement. Anyways, Smeargle is used 5%, but when you get down to #11 on the list of most commonly used leads, you go pretty low usage. Unfortunetly, Glaceon is #157 on the list (seriously, see here), so I will not mention it. But yes, arguing over every lead is pointless. I'm just saying that gardevoir is a bad lead.

Dusknoir was off the top of my head, I'm sure I could find a better supporter. Again, this is irrelelvent to the team, as he clearly did not mean for it to support.

Lastly, most sweepers carry earthquake. In fact, 21% (in october, i cant find more recent stats) of moves used were earthquake. 11% were fire blast or flamethrower (added them up). Again, unless you say heracross should be on this team, stop talking about it.

Also, please edit the first post, it would help alot to know the new team we're dealing with

JT's got the idea. I tried to stop the fight in my previous post. JT's caught on.

Don't see how you tried to stop it.

Now sreservoir is making an arguement. Anyways, Smeargle is used 5%, but when you get down to #11 on the list of most commonly used leads, you go pretty low usage.

First off, 5% my ass.

Secondly, #11 doesn't mean anything when it's still only used on 2.63% of teams. 2.63%. That's 1 in 38 teams running a Smeargle lead. You should not be busting your balls over trying to deal with something you'll only run into once in a blue moon. That was sreservoir's point.

Plus, when you do see a Smeargle lead, in my experience it almost always means it's part of a Baton Pass team (or at least Baton Passes something to someone else). Therefore, you should know approximately what their team's going to be like and be able to act accordingly.

Lastly, most sweepers carry earthquake. In fact, 21% (in october, i cant find more recent stats) of moves used were earthquake. 11% were fire blast or flamethrower (added them up).

Great. Heracross still gets 2HKOed by the majority of EQs, despite resisting it. Machamp (bulky variants, anyway) can usually survive 2 EQs and then Rest off the damage. Good luck getting Heracross to do that.

Again, unless you say heracross should be on this team, stop talking about it.

You're the one who brought it up and acted like it was a valid alternative to Machamp.

I will agree that the OP should post again. Until then, I will stop beating this now completely dead horse. See, there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead...

Secondly, #11 doesn't mean anything when it's still only used on 2.63% of teams. 2.63%. That's 1 in 38 teams running a Smeargle lead. You should not be busting your balls over trying to deal with something you'll only run into once in a blue moon. That was sreservoir's point.

Plus, when you do see a Smeargle lead, in my experience it almost always means it's part of a Baton Pass team (or at least Baton Passes something to someone else). Therefore, you should know approximately what their team's going to be like and be able to act accordingly.

note: choiced passers are pointless. well, without switcheroo/trick, anyway.

Great. Heracross still gets 2HKOed by the majority of EQs, despite resisting it. Machamp (bulky variants, anyway) can usually survive 2 EQs and then Rest off the damage. Good luck getting Heracross to do that.

me said:
lots of the more powerful sweepers can 2hko hera after SR even with a resisted move. OU sweepers are fast.

I mentioned this earlier, iirc?

You're the one who brought it up and acted like it was a valid alternative to Machamp.

well, some builds might well be valid alternatives. but those won't be as good in everything else machamp can do. it does have higher base spd and spe, and only five points lower def. using the same evs/nature as machamp, hera can probably survive three consecutive eqs. but then, nobody will be willing to do that, because it has enough speed for a choice sweep.

I will agree that the OP should post again. Until then, I will stop beating this now completely dead horse. See, there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead...

so SHOOT the dead horse.

Back
Top Bottom