• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Introduction thread with witty title

qenya

formerly kokorico
Pronoun
she/her
Woo, shiny new forum software!

I hung around TCoD for a while in like 2012 or so, mostly just lurking. It seems so empty now, which is a big shame! I suppose the rise of massive social media sites has been unkind to independent forum communities like this.

I'm a roleplayer at heart, but I tend not to do much of it because it's time-consuming and I am a college student with many deadlines to meet. Such is life. Is ASB still a thing? Perhaps I'll try to get into that. The last thing I remember is Kratos Aurion whooping everyone's arses as Giratina.

For choice, I use the pronouns e/eir/em, which surprisingly don't seem to be an option on the new interface. (I am happy to respond to anything, though, within reason.) And my favourite Pokémon is Sawsbuck.

This has been a random infodump. Please continue about your day.

Hi, welcome back! I'm curious if I knew you back then :O

There is ey/em, which is probably why e/eir/em is missing, but ping @Butterfree (well, I just did) and I'm sure she'd be happy to add it!

Welcome back! Hope you enjoy the new old forums. Unfortunately ASB isn't a thing at the moment, but there has been some talk about reviving it in the future, so who knows? There do at least appear to be some roleplays starting up if you find the time to procrastinate here and there. ;)

Added e/em, let me know if you need anything else!

The forums died probably partly because age of social media and partly because you couldn’t actually verify your e-mail address for who knows how long because the host the forums used to be on changed something behind the scenes without letting me know, and I didn’t find out until someone actually tried to sign up and cared enough to have me poked about it.

Thank you for the pronoun change, Butterfree!

Hi, welcome back! I'm curious if I knew you back then :O

I'm afraid I doubt it. I don't remember your username, and I never posted much anyway. But hey, that just means more opportunity to meet new people, right?

hey, welcome back! now to remain above the temptation to go see if I can investigate on your past identity-

(you may or may not remember me as one Metallica Fanboy incidentally, not that the name's quite that different now-)

at any rate, for what it's worth, I'd expect that most people in the forums now are the deadline-having type -- another reason why it's not been as lively, probably -- so, there's a good chance that whatever acitivity we get up to out here will be paced at least halfway reasonably around that; don't be shy! although yes, ASB in particular we'll probably have to work on starting fresh yet, ahah

Back
Top Bottom